A couple of weeks ago, I had a message that my gmail password was incorrect. I've had this problem before with my playbook and in the past I've had to delete the gmail account and add it again. However, then I had an email from Google saying that there had been a suspicious log in attempt on my account from Jakarta in Indonesia(I'm in the UK). I have changed my password and have seen no suspicious activity on my gmail account. But when I try now to add the account to my playbook I keep on getting the same suspicious log in email because it seems that my either Google or my playbook thinks I'm in Jakarta! Has anyone else had this and ideas f how I can fix it?
    04-18-14 06:54 AM
    I haven't got a Playbook, but I was reading last night where some folks were having trouble with their gmail accounts. Perhaps they've changed something?
    04-18-14 07:17 AM
    A couple of weeks ago, I had a message that my gmail password was incorrect. I've had this problem before with my playbook and in the past I've had to delete the gmail account and add it again. However, then I had an email from Google saying that there had been a suspicious log in attempt on my account from Jakarta in Indonesia(I'm in the UK). I have changed my password and have seen no suspicious activity on my gmail account. But when I try now to add the account to my playbook I keep on getting the same suspicious log in email because it seems that my either Google or my playbook thinks I'm in Jakarta! Has anyone else had this and ideas f how I can fix it?
    I am having the same problem.
    All your emails go thru BlackBerry.net and yes its in Jakara. Email is seeing it as a third party trying to hack your email. Try going to Advanced Setup an click on Gmail and fill out your info, you still might get that notification. Most of the time not.
    You will also see similar problem's with thing like eprinters. For instance you can't print from your email account on you PlayBook to a HP eprinter. You have to go to your email through your browser and send it to the eprinter. They see going through a third party as a threat and will block it.
    sad_old_man and Sadsfan like this.
    04-18-14 10:49 AM
    I am having the same problem.
    All your emails go thru BlackBerry.net and yes its in Jakara. Email is seeing it as a third party trying to hack your email. Try going to Advanced Setup an click on Gmail and fill out your info, you still might get that notification. Most of the time not.
    You will also see similar problem's with thing like eprinters. For instance you can't print from your email account on you PlayBook to a HP eprinter. You have to go to your email through your browser and send it to the eprinter. They see going through a third party as a threat and will block it.
    Oh yes you can!
    04-18-14 01:24 PM
    Oh yes you can!
    Do you know something BlackBerry and HP doesn't know? I have spent hours on the phone with both of them on this issue. Of course BlackBerry says no problem. But HP told me that I can't have a signature on the email and they would block any third parties. Please give me you take.
    04-18-14 01:41 PM
    Gmail account working fine over here.
    04-19-14 09:38 AM
    Do you know something BlackBerry and HP doesn't know? I have spent hours on the phone with both of them on this issue. Of course BlackBerry says no problem. But HP told me that I can't have a signature on the email and they would block any third parties. Please give me you take.
    Mmmmmmm let me think? Maybe purhaps remove your signature all though I have no idea how you manage to sign things when your a duck?

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-19-14 12:51 PM
    I had exactly the same problem with gmail this morning. It asked for my IMAP password and then denied it. I then used my native browser and I ended up in an old gmail mobile site which only had very old emails. That may not be connected to this problem, but anyway . . . I then used my Origami browser with a user agent of Nexus 7 and browsed to gmail and was able to log on and that was where I saw the warning that someone in Jakarta might have tried to access my account. Using the Origami browser, I changed my password, then went back to my Playbook and deleted my gmail account and then subscribed again using my new password and it's running fine now. One thing I'm curious about though is why doesn't this happen all the time if it's because of Playbook routing emails through Jakarta? Gmail can be very annoying.
    04-19-14 12:59 PM
    Mmmmmmm let me think? Maybe purhaps remove your signature all though I have no idea how you manage to sign things when your a duck?

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails gmail no longer working on Playbook-img_00000005.png  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-14 10:37 PM