Every time I turn off the wi-fi over night and turn it back on the next morning, I keep getting an error message saying unable to connect to server, please try again. This only is messing with my email accounts as I'm able to browse the internet regularly. This started happening after I downloaded .668. Is anyone else having the same issues/or has a solution to this?
    08-08-12 03:29 PM
    Yes, as mentioned in another thread, I had the same problem with Verizon.net email. My fix was to delete the account, and then go back and re-add it. After filling in the email address, I let the PB establish the setings. Turns out they were incorrect - it created my Verizon account as a yahoo.mail account. Once I corrected that, everything was fine, and it has worked correctly since. I'm not familiar with gmail, so I don't know if you have the ability to leave messages on the (gmail) server. But when I initially deleted the account, all of my emails for that account disappeared. But because they were still on the (Verizon) server, as soon as I re-added the account, they re-appeared.

I've also seen others who had the same gmail experience as yours. They are in different threads too.
    08-08-12 03:44 PM
    Have had the same sort of problem since the email client was added...stops connecting to server and have to reboot to get it going again...not new to 668 for me.
    With mine, it happens randomly, sometimes I go days without a problem, sometimes hours
    08-08-12 04:12 PM
    08-08-12 04:35 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. This has been affecting all of my accounts. What I thought was mainly a gmail issue not connecting if I turned the wi-fi on/off is really a problem with all of the accounts not connecting. Like another user said, I have to reboot every time I turn off the wi-fi to save the battery.
    08-08-12 05:39 PM
    Different problem for me...not getting asked for password, just get failed to connect message in email client, and when I go to settings/accounts, I get no accounts listed, just the round swirly thing....reboot and it works again
    08-08-12 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD