Hi all,

I'm currently running the latest 2.1 OS and set up my gmail account as soon as 2.0 dropped. It worked verywell until recently. The sequence of events is as follows:

1. I added an outlook account through active sync (and was shockd how easy it was).
    2. playbook automatically activated bb balance (very cool)
    (interestingly, messages now all seemed to require my password vs just this new account)
    3. my client disabled my account for activesync
    4. I deleted that account from my pb, but gmail isn't connecting. I've tried deleting it, but it won't re-add.

short of a wipe, any ideas? anyone else having trouble with gmail who can confirm or deny the relstionship to setting up this outlook account?

as always, thanks!
    10-23-12 09:39 PM
    What error are you getting when you try and re-add it? Have you restarted the playbook.

Ref the password to view your messages for all accounts - that is the same as on my playbook. I assume it's either working as required or a setting needs to change on my employers system but must admit I don't mind it.
    10-24-12 01:44 AM
    thank you for the reply. yes, I've rebooted several times. the message is as follows: "the server m.google.com for account ([email protected]) is not responding."
    10-24-12 08:52 AM
    its not your playbook, its gmail. under account settings in you google account you can create an app password that will solve this issue. its becaused they chamged their security
    10-25-12 07:08 AM
    Thank you! I found the area to set up "two step" authentication and generated a 16 digit code. However, enterin my password or this new code field durring account set up yielded the same results.

Please let me know if I've missed something. Thanks!
    10-25-12 09:31 AM
    Fyi, after switching to 2-step, I had to update my bb account settings too. That worked fine, so it appears to be a pb issue.
    10-25-12 09:47 AM