but really I do agree gmail on playbook is really bad, it was the best of times....it was the worst of times. why did google have to ruin a good thing everyone had hotmail now outlook before
    04-18-13 01:04 PM
    I agree on all accounts execpt a few everyone has my gmail already it would be a headache to change kit, 2 I think the kitties call us hoomans not humans

and 3 I changed my avatar from a dwarf wolverine to well myself lol
    1. You can tell gmail to redirect your mail to another account (that actually works)
    2. I will google hoomans!
    3. You do know that I can find you now? Ha ha
    04-18-13 01:22 PM
    but really I do agree gmail on playbook is really bad, it was the best of times....it was the worst of times. why did google have to ruin a good thing everyone had hotmail now outlook before
    Not sure if you tried the search feature, or read this site frequently but the following article was located on the very front page of CrackBerry.com and yesterday was one of the main articles posted. Google accounts on the fritz? You're not alone | CrackBerry.com
    04-18-13 01:28 PM
    Does anyone have G mail app for PlayBook? I believe Google Drive might work if there was a G mail account on the PlayBook. I tried installing G mail from an Android app that I converted to .bar and when I tried launching it message says it cannot find a Google account on this machine. I could not get converted G mail app to install.
    This may not be what you're looking for, but Files and Folders (and probably other file manager programs) will let you access Google Drive.
    04-18-13 01:38 PM
    4. I'm going to the cellar!
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    04-18-13 02:08 PM
    4. I'm going to the cellar!

I usually get wiskey or vodka but I might go brandy today.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-18-13 02:13 PM
    I usually get wiskey or vodka but I might go brandy today.
    Anything will do as long as it pleases you!
    04-18-13 02:33 PM
    Anything will do as long as it pleases you!
    went with barcadi gold
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-18-13 05:50 PM
    I have a business Gmail account, an Outlook account (used for casual email and spam collector) and a personal domain/email account with Network Solutions using activesync.

For my personal accounts I use the playbooks email client and love the fact Google has no hooks into my personal information. The activesync works great as well. All my devices are tied in seemlessly
    I'm also impressed with the Web based Gmail interface I use for business. The interface changed not too long ago and works great with tablets. Again I like the fact Google has no hooks into my device/personal info.

It's not expensive to have your own domain/email so I'm surprised more people don't go that route.

Just wanted to add that I access my work files on Gdrive as well from the mobile tablet site. No more sugersync or syncing files
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 04-18-13 at 07:50 PM.
    04-18-13 07:35 PM
    I have a business Gmail account, an Outlook account (used for casual email and spam collector) and a personal domain/email account with Network Solutions using activesync.

For my personal accounts I use the playbooks email client and love the fact Google has no hooks into my personal information. The activesync works great as well. All my devices are tied in seemlessly
    I'm also impressed with the Web based Gmail interface I use for business. The interface changed not too long ago and works great with tablets. Again I like the fact Google has no hooks into my device/personal info.

It's not expensive to have your own domain/email so I'm surprised more people don't go that route.

Just wanted to add that I access my work files on Gdrive as well from the mobile tablet site. No more sugersync or syncing files
    Spot on! If everyone did the same thing, the problem with active synced wouldn't exist and you have total control over your own account. It also (but don't count on it) make the likes of gmail and others get their act together.
    04-19-13 06:22 AM
35 12