can someone please help me as to why my playbook has asked me for my gmail imap password 10times in the past few mins ?

is google having issues on their end ? has anyone experienced this ?
    04-17-13 07:54 AM
    now its telling me application interupted (3000) when I try to open messages
    04-17-13 07:55 AM
    Google appears to be having server problems, I cannot log in through web interface and their POP servers are not responding from my PC client.
    04-17-13 08:15 AM
    I think they could be having issues. It didn't like my password from my laptop using Thunderbird mail client, but did let me in when I went to the web version. Thunderbird seems OK again.
    04-17-13 08:15 AM
    now its telling me application interupted (3000) when I try to open messages
    My Z10 and PB were doing the same thing this morning. Not sure what the issue is yet.
    04-17-13 08:16 AM
    My Z10 is asking for an imap password. I can log in fine through Web browser in computer. But can't get it working on my phone right now. Just started this morning.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 08:18 AM
    My Z10 is asking for an imap password. I can log in fine through Web browser in computer. But can't get it working on my phone right now. Just started this morning.

Posted via CB10
    weird will try again and post my findings
    04-17-13 08:19 AM
    it seems my playbook is no longer asking me for my gmail password but still getting the 3000 error
    04-17-13 08:20 AM
    Gmail is down. There are 6 threads on this subject now. Try a search or just scroll through the recent posts.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-17-13 08:21 AM
    Gmail is down. There are 6 threads on this subject now. Try a search or just scroll through the recent posts.

easy there tiger just looking for an answer
    04-17-13 08:30 AM
    Searching will find your answer. It's the first thing I do when looking for one.

04-17-13 08:40 AM
    04-17-13 08:46 AM
    Gmail was down for several hours this morning. They are supposed to be back up and running by noon EST.
    04-17-13 02:51 PM
    I would dearly love to answer your question but if I answer your question in my usual way I am classed as a troll. If I answer your question with a technical answer in an effort to try and solve your problem, I will be chastised for being technically incorrect. I could recommend a very good course at MIT though.
    04-17-13 03:21 PM
    I would dearly love to answer your question but if I answer your question in my usual way I am classed as a troll. If I answer your question with a technical answer in an effort to try and solve your problem, I will be chastised for being technically incorrect. I could recommend a very good course at MIT though.
    lol classy, this place wouldn't be the same withoutyou old guy lol
    04-17-13 03:30 PM
    but even now every time I try to open messages I get error 30000 without fail
    04-17-13 03:31 PM
    but even now every time I try to open messages I get error 30000 without fail
    Between you and I gmail isn't worth a crap. It has too many issues with both itself and bb. Drop yourself a calendar file and contacts file, log into outlook.com and set an account up. Import your files into outlook.com and when you set up the account on your pb or phone they will sync automatically. You can keep your Gmail address for your mail.

ps I will deny I ever told you this outside a court of law!
    04-17-13 03:43 PM
    Between you and I gmail isn't worth a crap. It has too many issues with both itself and bb. Drop yourself a calendar file and contacts file, log into outlook.com and set an account up. Import your files into outlook.com and when you set up the account on your pb or phone they will sync automatically. You can keep your Gmail address for your mail.

ps I will deny I ever told you this outside a court of law!
    do you work for big blue or seven ? lol
    04-17-13 03:54 PM
    do you work for big blue or seven ? lol
    I work for no individual person or company.
    04-17-13 04:31 PM
    Does anyone have G mail app for PlayBook? I believe Google Drive might work if there was a G mail account on the PlayBook. I tried installing G mail from an Android app that I converted to .bar and when I tried launching it message says it cannot find a Google account on this machine. I could not get converted G mail app to install.
    04-18-13 10:20 AM
    I'm certain android phones handle a google account much different than the playbook
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-18-13 10:22 AM
    Does anyone have G mail app for PlayBook? I believe Google Drive might work if there was a G mail account on the PlayBook. I tried installing G mail from an Android app that I converted to .bar and when I tried launching it message says it cannot find a Google account on this machine. I could not get converted G mail app to install.
    I'm pretty sure the Android gmail app depends on things like Google Services Framework and possibly the odd other underlying google services stuff. So expecting to just be able to convert the gmail apk to a bar, might be a bit previous.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    04-18-13 10:28 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Android gmail app depends on things like Google Services Framework and possibly the odd other underlying google services stuff. So expecting to just be able to convert the gmail apk to a bar, might be a bit previous.
    yea that's what I said few less words though lol
    04-18-13 12:26 PM
    I'm certain android phones handle a google account much different than the playbook
    As if by magic, you yet again state the truth about the subject. Please don't shoot the messenger but Google do no get on with bb? I personally can't get my head around people's obsession with Gmail but each to their own I say. After two years of struggling with gmail and having to find work arounds for problems encountered I gave up. I have bt broadband which uses yahoo as it's email client and I gave up using that because of continual problems. Since the last pb update it now works perfectly but I have it set up as an account on my pb just to analyse the service from yahoo. So far it's been flawless but I retain outlook.com as my main pb, Z10, pc sync for mail, calendar and contacts.

I am never correct according to some members of this forum and no doubt this will cause their blood pressure to hit the roof but whatever you deal with in life, KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!

Humans love to complicate everything and that's why I liked your comment "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Google don't like bb, so bb sort out the problems with pb gmail and several weeks later google find out and screw it up again. BB fix it and Google screw it up again....... You get the idea. Let's stop trying to make the playbook an android tablet and use it as a playbook. You want android buy android!

ps the OP is totally excluded from any and all of my rantings cause I like him. He's changed his avatar thinking I won't notice but I forgive him, nearly.
    BerryClever likes this.
    04-18-13 12:57 PM
    As if by magic, you yet again state the truth about the subject. Please don't shoot the messenger but Google do no get on with bb? I personally can't get my head around people's obsession with Gmail but each to their own I say. After two years of struggling with gmail and having to find work arounds for problems encountered I gave up. I have bt broadband which uses yahoo as it's email client and I gave up using that because of continual problems. Since the last pb update it now works perfectly but I have it set up as an account on my pb just to analyse the service from yahoo. So far it's been flawless but I retain outlook.com as my main pb, Z10, pc sync for mail, calendar and contacts.

I am never correct according to some members of this forum and no doubt this will cause their blood pressure to hit the roof but whatever you deal with in life, KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!

Humans love to complicate everything and that's why I liked your comment "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". Google don't like bb, so bb sort out the problems with pb gmail and several weeks later google find out and screw it up again. BB fix it and Google screw it up again....... You get the idea. Let's stop trying to make the playbook an android tablet and use it as a playbook. You want android buy android!

ps the OP is totally excluded from any and all of my rantings cause I like him. He's changed his avatar thinking I won't notice but I forgive him, nearly.
    I agree on all accounts execpt a few everyone has my gmail already it would be a headache to change kit, 2 I think the kitties call us hoomans not humans

and 3 I changed my avatar from a dwarf wolverine to well myself lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-18-13 01:02 PM
35 12