Over the past few days I have been getting error messages and forced closures with the email app when deleting emails. I thought I had it sorted with a reboot of my PB but today I have started getting requests for my Gmail imap password and when I enter it, it just comes up asking for it again a few seconds later. I tried deleting and recreating my account but then I started getting an error that the username or password were incorrect. I checked all this on my pc and the username and password are correct. I left it a couple of hours and tried again and this time it recognised the account details and started working again. But the enter password problem started again about 15 minutes ago.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with Gmail on the PB?
    03-02-13 03:11 PM
    I have had the same problem with my 9810 and after two days of escalating support Vodafone couldn't fix it. They told me they had passed it up RIM and In the meantime I upgraded to a Z10.....the problem occurred again for about 30 mins and so far has gone away for the last 36 hours I'm crossing my fingers in the dark still......sorry not the same issue but very similar.....
    03-02-13 03:29 PM
    Enable two step authentication for Gmail and that will not only fix the issue but it also adds another layer of protection.
    Mickrick likes this.
    03-02-13 04:49 PM
    Thanks, the 2-step verification has done the trick (hopefully).
    03-02-13 08:59 PM
    And its started doing the same thing again. I have to use the password generated by 2-step verification method every time now to connect. I have revoked access by all other sites that use my gmail account as well.
    03-04-13 04:07 AM