I have both Gmail and Rogers email accounts set up on my new Playbook. When I read my Rogers emails, I can file them away into the various file folders I have set up for my Rogers email account. However, I can't see any of my Gmail folders that exist when I use my playbook. Not even the Archive folder.

Any suggestions on how I can see my Gmail folders on the Playbook?

Thank you.
    01-12-13 06:14 PM
    In the messages app on the left side near the top is a folder icon with an @ sign on it. Press it and you will be able to select your Gmail account. Once you select it, at the top of the column will be a "file" icon. Press it and you will be given the folder structure of your Gmail account.
    01-12-13 08:27 PM
    Thanks. When I do that, what I get is only Inbox,Drafts, Sent, Trash, Outbox

I have many other folders on the account where I store.

I don't understand why I can't see them on Gmail, but I can on the Rogers email accnt.?
    01-12-13 10:19 PM
    My G Mail account is the same in Messages, although I did a wipe of my PB recently and I could swear that I could access my folders before the wipe. Anyhow, if you absolutely must access your folders and you don't want to use the PB's browser to do so, there are a couple of alternatives that should work for you. One is the android Email app that is part of the PB's android runtime. It cannot be accessed from the desktop, but can be accessed from the homescreen of "Advanced App Manager", which is available in app world. The other alternative is K-9 Mail, another android app available in app world. Both apps will allow you to access your G Mail folders, though, as far as I can figure, only K-9 will allow you to move messages between folders. Both apps seem to have an issue with notifications. With android Email, you need to run an android app- any android app, at least once before you'll receive notifications of incoming mail. Once any android app has been opened, you should receive notifications untill you reboot. K-9, on the other hand, seems to only check for new mail when the android player is opened (again, with any app)- so if you don't open an android app for six hours, you won't get any notifications during that time. Both apps have some advantages over Messages, for example, they don't have the 30 day time limit that Messages has, and you can set K-9 up to leave messages on the server when deleting them from the app.

The top pic is of my Messages app, the second is android Email, and the third is K-9.
    Attached Thumbnails Gmail folders-img_20120972.jpg   Gmail folders-img_20120973.jpg   Gmail folders-img_20120971.jpg  
    01-13-13 03:59 AM
    Thank you. That's a very useful explanation. Much appreciated !
    01-13-13 10:41 AM