I finally decided to downgrade back to the previous OS and my contacts still won't sync... I like to think that BlackBerry wouldn't leave us high and dry and that someone is trying to fix it right now. should we be emailing BB?
    04-03-14 06:24 AM
    This may have been a G-Mail outage. Just for a lark, I tried to re-add the G-Mail CardDAV information this morning, and low and behold, it worked.
    04-03-14 07:23 AM
    I had the same problems with Yahoo before the update and seldom with Gmail. With the update, it still ask but not as often.
    04-03-14 07:30 AM
    Seems that the problem has to do with Gmail internal problems as mentioned in other threads.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    04-03-14 08:06 AM
    I finally decided to downgrade back to the previous OS and my contacts still won't sync... I like to think that BlackBerry wouldn't leave us high and dry and that someone is trying to fix it right now. should we be emailing BB?
    Yes,I just don't know where to to send such an email.
    I tried several support BB resources in the past (not related to this problem) and almost never got a useful response.

So whoever knows how to quickly reach BBRY, pls publish an address or instructions here, and lets flood them with our bug reports.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-03-14 08:08 AM
    Seems that the problem has to do with Gmail internal problems as mentioned in other threads.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    Several people here in this thread reported that they experienced the same problem on their Yahoo accounts.
    04-03-14 08:24 AM
    I am still on 1753 when I experienced this last night, so the update had nothing to do with it. Software update via BlackBerry Desktop still returns the message "Your version of BlackBerry� Desktop Software is the latest version."
    04-03-14 08:36 AM
    Very weird. Last nite I updated my 64 gb PB and got the gmail password rejection. I deleted and remade the accounts. Google sent me a hacker notice that someone was trying to access my gmail from Jakarta, Indonesia via a mobile device using what looked like BBRY credentials. They wanted me to reset my password. So I did. That seemed to take care of it but I have to go and resync this new password on all my android devices. What a pain.

Yeah, PB seems to have a problem with IMAP accounts. Yahoo, gmail, and AOL. Yahoo and AOL ask periodically for password but first time for gmail. I was hoping they fixed it but I guess not.
    04-03-14 08:53 AM
    Google sent me a hacker notice that someone was trying to access my gmail from Jakarta, Indonesia via a mobile device using what looked like BBRY credentials. They wanted me to reset my password. So I did.
    I hope you made sure that the site you entered your old password in had a real Google/Gmail url.
    Enyigma and Gooseberry Falls like this.
    04-03-14 09:05 AM
    Google sent me a hacker notice that someone was trying to access my gmail from Jakarta, Indonesia via a mobile device using what looked like BBRY credentials. They wanted me to reset my password. So I did. That seemed to take care of it but I have to go and resync this new password on all my android devices. What a pain.
    I got the same message from Google a couple of days ago after I'd trying to log in many times. I don't think it is a hacker; I think it's the BlackBerry server site, because the website address Google gave for the attempted log in location appeared to be a proper BlackBerry address.

Posted via CB10
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    04-03-14 09:42 AM
    I hope you made sure that the site you entered your old password in had a real Google/Gmail url.
    Yeah, everything seemed legit. My profile and everything. They texted a code to confirm the change to my cell phone of record. But now you got me thinking...
    04-03-14 09:44 AM
    Yeah, everything seemed legit. My profile and everything. They texted a code to confirm the change to my cell phone of record. But now you got me thinking...
    See my reply above. I'm pretty sure it was legit.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 09:45 AM
    See my reply above. I'm pretty sure it was legit.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, thanks. I wasn't really thinking about the phishing aspect...It was late and I was tired. The connection log corresponded with my log on attempts (must have been 10 times) so I thought it was me. But I changed it anyway. But Jakarta? What a mess...
    04-03-14 09:52 AM
    Windows Phones have been having the same problem since the end of March. They resolved it by using 2-step authentication: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-7a43a70d6ced

I hope i don't have to do this as I have a dozen devices and computers. On the bright side, contacts are syncing now but very slowly.
    04-03-14 10:47 AM
    Windows Phones have been having the same problem since the end of March. They resolved it by using 2-step authentication: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-7a43a70d6ced

I hope i don't have to do this as I have a dozen devices and computers. On the bright side, contacts are syncing now but very slowly.
    Hi there. Do you mean that your Google contacts are now syncing on your PlayBook without having to go through the two step authentication process?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:03 AM
    Hi there. Do you mean that your Google contacts are now syncing on your PlayBook without having to go through the two step authentication process?

Posted via CB10
    It was a Google problem not your pb. Just delete your existing gmail entries for mail, calendar and contacts setting in accounts. Then set up a new email account with your gmail details and mail, calendar and contacts will return as normal with full sync on all of them.
    04-03-14 12:09 PM
    This may have been a G-Mail outage. Just for a lark, I tried to re-add the G-Mail CardDAV information this morning, and low and behold, it worked.
    Is www.google.com the correct Server Address?
    04-03-14 12:51 PM
    Yes, it is syncing now on my PlayBook without the 2-step authentication process.
    04-03-14 02:02 PM
    It was a Google problem not your pb. Just delete your existing gmail entries for mail, calendar and contacts setting in accounts. Then set up a new email account with your gmail details and mail, calendar and contacts will return as normal with full sync on all of them.
    I knew it was you! How was Jakarta?
    Cynycl likes this.
    04-03-14 02:59 PM
    Is Google the correct Server Address?
    Why would you need that? Go into accounts, delete existing gmail accounts for mail, calendar and contacts. Add new account and type in your gmail address, ie [email protected], enter your password and let the pb set all three accounts up for you? Why complicated things? All your existing mail, calendar events and contacts will then sync automatically?

No point reinventing the wheel is there?
    04-03-14 03:05 PM
    Same problem now. Last update like a sh**. I will never buy another product from RIM. The BB 9700 is used and has been replaced by a Nexus 5, and the playbook is replaced by galaxy note 10.1 2014. Goodbye RIM.
    04-03-14 03:39 PM
    Same problem now. Last update like a sh**. I will never buy another product from RIM. The BB 9700 is used and has been replaced by a Nexus 5, and the playbook is replaced by galaxy note 10.1 2014. Goodbye RIM.
    Sadly this is the type of good will that BlackBerry generated with the poor execution on the PlayBook. Many people that have likely written off BlackBerry forever for products that deliver.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:20 PM
    Is Google the correct Server Address?
    Indeed it is.
    katesbb likes this.
    04-03-14 04:29 PM
    Why would you need that? Go into accounts, delete existing gmail accounts for mail, calendar and contacts. Add new account and type in your gmail address, ie [email protected], enter your password and let the pb set all three accounts up for you? Why complicated things? All your existing mail, calendar events and contacts will then sync automatically?

No point reinventing the wheel is there?
    The last bit about Google is the server address that is required when making a CardDAV entry for contacts with G-Mail. Without that entry, an error is generated.
    04-03-14 04:30 PM
    Indeed it is.
    Thanks, I finally got my Contacts working too

I deleted all my Gmail accounts (email, calendar, contacts), and then I FIRST added back my contacts as a CardDAV account, then added my Gmail as an ordinary "Email, Calendar and Contacts" account but deselected Contacts as a synch option when asked.

All is well
    04-03-14 05:06 PM
56 123