So I updated my playbook to 2.1.0.1917 yesterday.
    Suddenly, the contacts portion or my Gmail accounts started to request the password to be re-entered.
    When entering it, it always comes back, asking for it again.
    So far, I deleted all Gmail accounts and redefined them, redefined only the contacts part, redefined it with extended options as a CarDAV type directly. Nothing worked. "Invalid Account", "login information changed", "cannot reach server google.com" etc.

At the same time, the Google mail- and calendar accounts work fine. They all have been working fine since months until the update (also contacts). Of course, Wifi is on and the playbook is connected.

I'm kinda getting tired of this.
    04-02-14 12:35 PM
    I had the exact same problem. Fortunately I never use my PlayBook for contact management, so I just deleted the Google Contacts account. But I feel your pain.
    04-02-14 12:41 PM
    Yep, experiencing the same issue.
    04-02-14 12:51 PM
    exact problem here
    04-02-14 12:53 PM
    Same here keeps asking for password
    04-02-14 01:23 PM
    Same problem with Yahoo IMAP - keeps asking for password. Thanks BB, your last update created more problems then it solved.
    04-02-14 01:40 PM
    Same issue here. . .I got the endless request for password so I deleted the account.

Now when I try to re-enter my (correct) account information I get the following message

Your login information for account (Gmail - [email protected]) has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again.
    I go back and confirm that my information is correct yet I continuously receive the same message.

Has anyone gotten their Gmail contacts to work since the update?
    04-02-14 01:57 PM
    Same issue here. . .I got the endless request for password so I deleted the account.

Now when I try to re-enter my (correct) account information I get the following message

I go back and confirm that my information is correct yet I continuously receive the same message.

Has anyone gotten their Gmail contacts to work since the update?
    I always had the issue with yahoo asking for a password every week or so, but now it's gmail too.
    04-02-14 01:59 PM
    I am shocked, in some way. I was expecting to be the only one, or to get beaten up for not having searched long enough to find a solution that is already here on CB, or to getting a hint for how to fix this quickly - but it really seems to be a bug in the new OS!
    Wasn't that supposed to be the last Playbook update? And then a basic function does no longer work?
    What are we going to do with our Playbooks now? Picture frame for grandma?
    04-02-14 03:50 PM
    Same problem ... It's amazing. If it really is a problem with this update, I hope Blackberry will make to solve this problem!

Anyway this problem will be solved with BB10.3 for PB... Hahaha...
    04-02-14 04:37 PM
    Same problem here. No contacts even after a swipe. Won't even recognize oone email account. Just swiped again and it downloaded the latest but deleted every single app so bridge and browser are the only ones left. I suppose we shouldn't be so surprised with this update being more of a beheading giving that it is a skeleton crew working on it now.

Its too bad. I still use mine daily. No other table in the world will allow me to text, BBM, and even answer calls via my phone. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. I sure wish they would have just stuck to the original plan and made it a mirror to our devices instead of a standalone tablet.
    04-02-14 06:48 PM
    Same here and I too still use mine daily. I will say after resetting mine to factory I can no longer find the new update. I'm starting to think that BlackBerry may have pulled it. This worries me a tad because the BlackBerry World update deadline is tomorrow and I can't get it done.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:57 PM
    just delete the main email account and then re add it.

worked for me.
    04-02-14 07:57 PM
    I tried deleting the account and adding it back, but still no contacts.
    04-02-14 08:54 PM
    I tried deleting the account and adding it back, but still no contacts.
    Yup, I tried that a couple times too, but no contacts here either.

I've been Googling around but haven't found a solution. I've tried adding Contacts as a CardDAV account, but I'm not sure what the server address should be?
    04-02-14 09:18 PM
    The problem lies with the CardDAV entry for my GMail account. It won't log in. It refuses the valid password and treats it like a bad password. Changing things around gets different errors so there is something about how the PlayBook is communicating the information to Google.com that the website does not like. The only solution so far to get rid of the constant request for password was to delete the CardDAV entry for GMail which of course dumps the sync with Google contacts. Nothing like delivering an update that breaks basic functionality of the PlayBook and no possibility of getting that fixed now that support has been dropped..
    04-02-14 09:52 PM
    I know it is not ideal but you could always use the android runtime email app, it works great for Gmail accounts and it is faster than the native app:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909091
    04-02-14 09:58 PM
    I know it is not ideal but you could always use the android runtime email app, it works great for Gmail accounts and it is faster than the native app:
    Programmers- Who can write a simple app/android Email launcher? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Yo. That's my thread that you're linking to. Anyhow, the android Email app will not sync your Gmail contacts, but, if Gmail allows you to export your contacts as a CSV file, you can import this file into the android Contacts app (though doing so is FAR from intuitive) which Email will then have access to.
    04-02-14 10:25 PM
    I had the same problem this morning. It kept asking for my Google password. And I haven't updated the OS yet!
    04-02-14 11:39 PM
    Like others, I had the same problem. Deleted my Gmail account, re-added, and problem was fixed.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 11:51 PM
    For those who cannot fix the fault by deleting and re-adding the account, if you create or already have a Hotmail account, you can import your contacts to Hotmail from Gmail. Change Gmail's Playbook settings to sync mail only. Add the Hotmail account to the Playbook, and Gmail will then use its contacts.
    04-03-14 12:03 AM
    It's happening with my Yahoo contacts as well

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 12:17 AM
    Exactly the case for me too where after updating the Gmail contacts kept looping back to the dialogue window demanding a signin. I just went into the gear settings and stopped that Google contact account for now....at least until it gets sorted out either with google or blackberry. I still love my tablet, though!!!!
    04-03-14 01:20 AM
    Same Gmail contact issue for me, any solutions found?
    04-03-14 05:11 AM
    Awesome last update made the device unusable!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 06:15 AM
56 123