I swear I saw this asked before, but I cant find it.

I keep getting a connection issue with gmail. (no network connection).

Anyone else? I've rebooted, and have no other connection issues with anything else. It's been a couple days.

Ideas?

Thanks all.
    08-12-11 07:38 AM
    Cleared the cache?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 07:43 AM
    Just tried...nada surfer
    08-12-11 10:54 AM
    Funnily enough I was going to post the same thing. Here's the rundown for me.

1. Click on Gmail icon, app loads but does not download any new mail. Pulling down to refresh just results in the spinning wheel forever.
    2. I pull down Options and do Privacy & Security | Clear Cache and Clear Local Storage.
    3. Then close app. Then reopen and new messages will now display.
    BUT
    4. I can click on a max of 5 new messages and read them (the 5 is consistent) but on the 6th, I get the message ***"It looks like you've lost connection the server. Please check that you have a working network connection and try again".***

Naturally, I check wifi connection and it's still showing OK.... I close app, open browser and yes, I still have a network connection.

It USED to work OK. The problem started not long ago, but I can't remember if it coincided with the OS upgrade to 1.07.2670

Anyone else?

Regards
    08-12-11 11:11 AM
    Yes, mine does the same. Strangely, initially it worked fine with the default gmail "mobile" view. Then it stopped for no apparent reason, with the "no connection to network" error.

I switched the gmail view to "basic html" and that works fine. It's a bit hard to see the link but it's there.
    Last edited by symphara; 08-12-11 at 01:21 PM.
    peacebelfast likes this.
    08-12-11 01:09 PM
    Yes, mine does the same. Strangely, initially it worked fine with the default gmail "mobile" view. Then it stopped for no apparent reason, with the "no connection to network" error.

I switched the gmail view to "basic html" and that works fine. It's a bit hard to see the link but it's there.
    Looks like html is working for me now. (before no msgs updated)

I wonder if itis because I checked on my pc. I swear I got the network error before with thd html.

I'll test.

Stillcant use moble gmail.
    08-12-11 11:44 PM

OK I give in. You're right it IS hard to find .. so much so that I still can't find it. Are we talking about the mobile version that the Playbook home page icon takes you to?

I can see where to make Gmail use simple HTML as default in the full browser, but I can't find anyway to get to the non mobile version of gmail using the Playbook. Am I missing something. Regards
    08-13-11 09:20 AM
    Check the very bottom on the left side - there's a link. It says DESKTOP
    alnamvet68 and strouduser like this.
    08-13-11 10:48 AM
    Check the very bottom on the left side - there's a link. It says DESKTOP
    :-) Took me a while to figure that one ... at the bottom of the scrolling list, now I see it. How embarrassing.
    08-15-11 06:31 AM
    Gmail mobile version does not work for me too. it does not refresh messages. frustrating.
    08-15-11 03:26 PM
    I have not had this issue at all, although I use a google apps account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 09:13 PM
    +1 for me in Mobile - Clearing cache and Local cache, close gmail and restart fixes it
    No problem in Basic HTML or Desktop view

Chris
    12-19-11 10:42 AM
    New to the forum and been having to same gmail issues. I have cleared the cache as well as changed my gmail settings. I can view or delete about 5 e-mails and then the lost connection comes up. Any other thoughts?
    01-22-12 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD