Hi all, I have set up my playbook to sync with multiple GMail calendars on one GMail account from these directions. And it works really well.

I have set up another GMail account and transferred all my emails and calendar events to the new account. However, following the same directions as before does not give me the multiple calendars, only the main one. I also cannot see my playbook listed as a device on my new account, only on my old one, so I cannot set the multiplecalender flag. I cannot see any way to delete the playbook from my old account and searches on the interweb shows that this is a problem for many with no resolution.

I have deleted my accounts from the playbook and rebooted, and redone them again. I have tried adding a caldav account manually but it makes no different. I have created another new account to make sure it was not anything I did previous, I have gone through the options on both accounts to make sure they were the same. I also have issues getting the calender to work through Thunderbird/Lightning also, although the original account works just fine. To make matters worse, my android phone sees the calenders on the new account ok.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Vas.
    02-07-13 12:35 PM
    You cannot have more than one Calander as the main one on the pb. Sorry to tell you that.
    02-07-13 02:18 PM
    02-07-13 03:47 PM
    You cannot have more than one Calander as the main one on the pb. Sorry to tell you that.
    Yes you can have multiple google calendars if you follow the directions in the linked thread. Or I should more properly say that you used to be able to set that up. There have been enough people with issues with "new" setups of calendars lately that I wouldn't guarantee anything, but I can tell you that I currently have multiple calendars working correctly.
    02-07-13 04:11 PM
    Google are changing the way that calendars sync. No new connections to their Activesync implementation after Jan 31 2013. Existing users still supported for now but expect we will have to move to CalDAV.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    02-07-13 04:19 PM
    sad_old_man: I did state that I did have multiple calendar support from a single email account already
    gwinegarden: again in my post, the link goes to the same page you posted

my issue is with setting up another gmail account and getting the same multiple calendar support

I thought that when we bring in a gmail account and request calendar sync, it was via caldav. Is this not right?

I suspect that something has changed like tubbycyclist suggests
    02-07-13 04:46 PM
    sad_old_man: I did state that I did have multiple calendar support from a single email account already
    gwinegarden: again in my post, the link goes to the same page you posted

my issue is with setting up another gmail account and getting the same multiple calendar support

I thought that when we bring in a gmail account and request calendar sync, it was via caldav. Is this not right?

I suspect that something has changed like tubbycyclist suggests
    The original work round was based on activesync, not CalDAV. There is a possible glimmer of hope that is worth looking at. I will do some digging around and see if I can bodge it again
    02-07-13 04:52 PM
    I found this. Even though this is for iOS, I think it applies to anyone.

https://www.macworld.com/article/202...ns-to-you.html

I have seen this two step sign in, but didn't give it any thought. I'll have to give it a go
    rmpb likes this.
    02-07-13 05:01 PM
    I found this. Even though this is for iOS, I think it applies to anyone.

https://www.macworld.com/article/202...ns-to-you.html

I have seen this two step sign in, but didn't give it any thought. I'll have to give it a go
    Thanks for that. It is one of the more coherent explanations of what's happening and what the potential implications current users are that I've seen. Hope it works to correct the problem for those that have had to re-setup there stuff.
    02-07-13 06:49 PM
    There is a calendar sync app in app world that works great for 1.99. I currently have 4 calendars syncing fine. It took less than a minute to send them the first time
    02-07-13 07:54 PM
    Yes you can have multiple google calendars if you follow the directions in the linked thread. Or I should more properly say that you used to be able to set that up. There have been enough people with issues with "new" setups of calendars lately that I wouldn't guarantee anything, but I can tell you that I currently have multiple calendars working correctly.
    Cool. The point still remains that the pb can still have only one default calendar. The tweaking must be done at the Google end and the way things are changing so rapidly at present, with companies making alliances with other companies, just like Nokia and Microsoft have that who knows what will work with what by the end of Q3.
    02-08-13 07:55 AM
    I have hopefully found a work round - if someone can try this post out and let me know
    02-08-13 09:52 AM
    I have hopefully found a work round - if someone can try this post out and let me know
    That's how those who have it set up currently (myself included) got it working, but due to changes by Google mentioned above, that doesn't seem to work anymore.
    02-08-13 02:47 PM
    That's how those who have it set up currently (myself included) got it working, but due to changes by Google mentioned above, that doesn't seem to work anymore.
    Not true, as I wrote the original post I know that this is different - this takes advantage of the fact that Windows Phone has been granted an extension and spoofs a Windows Phone browser to get it working.
    02-08-13 03:14 PM
    Not true, as I wrote the original post I know that this is different - this takes advantage of the fact that Windows Phone has been granted an extension and spoofs a Windows Phone browser to get it working.
    My mistake then. When I scanned through it it looked like the original method for adding multiple calendars.
    02-08-13 05:45 PM
    tubbycyclist: I tried your workaround but it did not work, it looks like the same work around as the iOS method but using WP7 instead. When the all seeing Google decides to pull support for WP7 mid year, I'm sure there will be problems then. I also tried adding a caldav account, but that did not work either. Not sure if the settings I used were correct or not.

In the end I paid the money and went for the calendar sync app, and it worked treat, I have three read/write calendars from a new single gmail account again. I am now a happy chappy.

Guys, thanks for all of the support. Hopefully BB10 makes this ridiculous faffing around redundant. The only problem I have now is getting the calenders to come into Thunderbird/Lightning. That could be related to the caldav error I saw earlier on the playbook.
    02-08-13 06:54 PM