I've had problems starting today with my Gmail Calendar on my Playbook. First of all, I only have one Gmail calendar. I deleted my Gmail accounts to 'start fresh' and re-add them back in to my PlayBook. When I go into the accounts setting and add my Gmail -- Calendar, Contacts and Email -- I get a message that says email and contact accounts have been added, but "At this time, the http://www.google.com/calendar/dav/M...ail.com/events server is unavailable and your calendar account can't be added. Please try again later."

Anyone else getting this, or had this problem? Looking for a workaround. I can access my Gmail calendar through a desktop, so that doesn't seem to be a problem. It just seems to be on the PlayBook. Did a quick Google search and on the forums, but don't see anyone with this issue.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated
    01-17-13 10:52 PM
    Same error for me now. If i go to the website directly the /events and /user sites result in a 404 error. I am curious if Google is experiencing issues.
    01-18-13 09:40 AM
    As a follow up, this appears to have happened before.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

and it resolved itself. Which means you will likely have to try adding it again later.
    01-18-13 09:43 AM
    Strange thing is, I've got two PlayBooks. I tried last night to put the Google calendar on the other one (my wife's) and it went through without issue. I'm doing the standard process through Accounts, not the advanced settings. (even when I tried advanced, it didn't work). Don't really want to do an OS reinstall if I can avoid it...
    01-18-13 11:17 AM
    Strange thing is, I've got two PlayBooks. I tried last night to put the Google calendar on the other one (my wife's) and it went through without issue. I'm doing the standard process through Accounts, not the advanced settings. (even when I tried advanced, it didn't work). Don't really want to do an OS reinstall if I can avoid it...

multiple devices here, worked on one two days ago as well. Its a Google Issue, wiping wont help you. The website itself is likely having issues (the link you posted ending in /events or /user)
    01-18-13 11:53 AM
    I'm having the same problem. It has been erratic. Earlier this afternoon, using the standard Account add option, not using the Advanced Setup, I actually got my gmail calendar added. I deleted it (just a whim!) and tried again. Now I'm getting the same error that the server is not available, try later.

On another point - once I can actually get the gmail calendar added to my PB, will I be able to edit and add new appointments from the PB to my gmail calendar, or is it read-only on the PB? Does anyone know?

Thxs

UPDATE - 20 Jan, tried again to add my Gmail calendar to my PB using the standard account add route and it WORKED! I can now see my main Gmail calendar appointments, they sync ok (in minutes ) with changes made from my pc and bb9360.

So all good. Now is there a way to edit and add appointments directly from the PB? It is read only at the moment. Nice but not really useful.

Anyone got an answer? Thxs
    Last edited by WindyM; 01-20-13 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Update - gmail calendar now added to PB
    01-19-13 12:57 PM
    So glad I ran across this thread. I was putting in multiple Google calendars the CalDav route this afternoon. The first went through, the second partially went through (saw events but not the calendar in options), and the third totally failed. I thought I was losing my mind, or my brand new Playbook was glitchy, was beginning to wonder if I should do a wipe before I got much further with my new Playbook. Now I know to wait it out a bit. This is just coincidental with the dropping of Google calendar support for other devices, right?

ETA: I'm not actually getting the same error, though. Mine says "failed testing with current settings", but I think that's because I'm not trying to add mail or contacts, just calendar?
    Last edited by no expert; 01-19-13 at 10:38 PM.
    01-19-13 10:17 PM
    UPDATE - 20 Jan, tried again to add my Gmail calendar to my PB using the standard account add route and it WORKED! I can now see my main Gmail calendar appointments, they sync ok (in minutes ) with changes made from my pc and bb9360.

So all good. Now is there a way to edit and add appointments directly from the PB? It is read only at the moment. Nice but not really useful.

Anyone got an answer? Thxs
    Just tried this 01/20/13 and I can tell you that it works to add/delete/sync both ways for me so it can be done. I can't see anything in my settings that would suggest something you're missing. I have 3 google calendars synced using the method described in this link, so maybe it's doing something in one of the steps that makes a difference. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    How to sync multiple Gmail calendars on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com
    01-20-13 11:12 AM
    ETA: I'm not actually getting the same error, though. Mine says "failed testing with current settings", but I think that's because I'm not trying to add mail or contacts, just calendar?
    Shouldn't be using calendar only that's causing you the issue. That's what mine is and it has no problems.
    01-20-13 11:14 AM
    Shouldn't be using calendar only that's causing you the issue. That's what mine is and it has no problems.
    I'm having same problem as Scrybe and I tried adding account with contacts email and calendar and STILL got the error message for calendar. BOTH my playbooks do it and one I hadn't touched for weeks. Google is definitely screwing around with things. Could it be they changed the calendar server? I will just go through the browser for now, but what a nuisance because I can't delete or change when I use google calendar through the browser. Oh well, I'll live.
    01-20-13 03:19 PM
    It's Monday and this morning the normal add account procedure to add google calendar worked perfectly. This was clearly a google issue and since I added a hotmail (outtlook.com) calendar account while google's was down and out, I'm planning to keep my calendar at outlook.com. Google has become unreliable as far as I'm concerned. Cheers.
    01-21-13 03:39 PM
    Just noticed my calendar was acting up. I only have a gmail calendar synced, so I deleted the CalDav account and tried to set it up again. Keep getting the "failed testing with current settings" error. Google or PlayBook issue? My Gmail mail and contacts sync fine, but I want to keep the CalDav account to add attendees. Anyone else with updates?
    01-21-13 09:47 PM
    Ok, it's working again for me now. BUT I have the problem of not being able to add entries on my PlayBook. I get a black bar and the words "no subject". I can add a calendar entry on my phone and it'll synchronize, but this isn't ideal.

I'm wondering if anyone that has set up with the Caldav function can provide a walkthrough -- including the proper server address -- to get it to work. I've tried a couple times to get things back to normal using some other instructions found elsewhere, but without luck.

I'm also interested -- giving the problems with Gmail lately -- in the Outlook.com solution, but the problem with that seems to be that I can't synchronize with my phone since on BIS there isn't an option to sync the calendar (just contacts). Or am I missing something?
    01-21-13 11:47 PM
    I am thinking it is a Google error. If you navigate to the website given in the error on the PlayBook, you actually will get a 404 error from Google. Now mine hasnt working in several days, and even when I get to the point where it adds, it becomes non functional shortly there after.
    01-22-13 07:58 AM
    The error I'm getting here says that the server for my calendar isn't available at the moment and asks me to try again later.

Guess we'll have to do without this for a while till Google finished whatever it is it is doing.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-22-13 08:06 AM
    Funny. It's back up for me this morning. It has to be google. All I did was delete the CalDav account. Enter all the info again, and finally it connected to Google. Adding new appointments work as well. The "no subject" blue bar issue seems to be gone. Weird.

EDIT: Adding new entries, I can only use the Local Playbook calendar. Trying to select the Gmail Cal does not work. It seems "greyed" out and responsive to selections. What is going on here?
    Last edited by glennster28; 01-22-13 at 08:31 AM. Reason: update
    01-22-13 08:26 AM
    As with glenster my Google calendar is greyed out so can't add appointments though it still syncs. Any help would be great
    01-23-13 06:49 AM
    For those that still have it syncing, make sure you don't remove it, or you won't be able to add it back.

For the moment, there is no workaround for this. We're all hoping Google didn't screw us.
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-27-13 at 08:19 PM.
    01-23-13 07:34 AM
    Follow up: I was able to add my CalDav Google calendars two nights ago, using the exact same procedure as before. I got all my user-specific shared calendars in, and then I tried to add in the public US holidays calendar, just for fun, which failed. At that point, I decided I'd quit while I was ahead, and gave up on the public calendar. I also suspect it's Google. In any case, I'm definitely not deleting my calendar accounts to test!
    01-24-13 05:47 PM
    I've been able to read-add my gmail calendar to my PB, again. It syncs, but it remains greyed out and is read-only so not able to edit or add appointments from the PB.

As a work around I looked at using the PB browser to access my gmail calendar, but of course you get a limited "mobile" version as Google thinks you're on a phone. After reading some other threads I came across Simple Browser in AppWorld. This allows you to emulate a pc. So I downloaded Simple broswer, set to it up to emulate firefox and pointed it to my gmail calendar. I can now see the full pc version of the calendar with the full edit facilities of deleting, changing and adding appointments from the PB. Some of the menus are all bit fiddly and at times it is a little slow but it's a fix if you need to edit your Gmail calendar from your pb.

I'd prefer to get the native pb calendar working with Gmail calendar though. So anyone figured how to gmail calendar editable from the PB please comment.
    01-25-13 04:20 AM
    champagne
    I've been able to read-add my gmail calendar to my PB, again. It syncs, but it remains greyed out and is read-only so not able to edit or add appointments from the PB.

As a work around I looked at using the PB browser to access my gmail calendar, but of course you get a limited "mobile" version as Google thinks you're on a phone. After reading some other threads I came across Simple Browser in AppWorld. This allows you to emulate a pc. So I downloaded Simple broswer, set to it up to emulate firefox and pointed it to my gmail calendar. I can now see the full pc version of the calendar with the full edit facilities of deleting, changing and adding appointments from the PB. Some of the menus are all bit fiddly and at times it is a little slow but it's a fix if you need to edit your Gmail calendar from your pb.

I'd prefer to get the native pb calendar working with Gmail calendar though. So anyone figured how to gmail calendar editable from the PB please comment.
    Same for me here, but I am not stuck with the mobile calendar. Nor did I need a different browser either. Just access it using this URL:
    Code:
    https://www.google.com/calendar/render?pli=1
    Attached Thumbnails Gmail Calendar Can't Be Added Error on PlayBook-img_00000001.jpg  
    01-25-13 07:40 AM
    Can't take credit -- someone on another thread found it. But I got Gmail syncing again and avoided the whole issue of not being able to add appointments on the Playbook by deleting the Gmail settings, and then re-adding my account but using Activesync instead with the Gmail/Google settings.
    01-25-13 04:36 PM
    I'm experiencing the exact same issues!!!

One day I'm able to add/edit appointments. The next day I can't.

I'm guessing it's a Google issue & I hope its fixed soon!
    01-25-13 07:12 PM
    I've also been having exactly the same problem. I had it all up and working yesterday, but noticed I couldn't add appointments to Google Calendar due to it being greyed out. Then today it wasn't greyed out and everything seemed to be working, until I noticed some appointments in 2014 weren't appearing. It seemed to be any 2014 appointments that weren't recurring didn't show. I decided to delete all gmail accounts (email, contacts and calendar) and reinstall. Email and contacts installed fine, it's the calendar part that I've now lost (same message as others are getting).

Scrybe, could you please be a bit more specific about how you got it working. What is Activesync and how do you use it?
    01-27-13 12:36 PM
    Can't take credit -- someone on another thread found it. But I got Gmail syncing again and avoided the whole issue of not being able to add appointments on the Playbook by deleting the Gmail settings, and then re-adding my account but using Activesync instead with the Gmail/Google settings.
    You know this worked here (besides being able to add attendees to events). It almost feels like everything is back to normal... Except that on Jan 30th, Google drops activesync for free gmail accounts.
    01-27-13 01:58 PM
31 12