Not my review at all but I thought I would help spread the world to help shut up the haters!

Gmail On the BlackBerry PlayBook – Looks Awesome! - BerryReview
    Lawcheehung likes this.
    04-15-11 12:21 AM
    Looks great! I'm excited.
    04-15-11 12:35 AM
    I just don't understand why you need a damn app when you have the full blown email in a window lol. Apps are phones and the other so called tablets that can handle the web.
    04-15-11 12:43 AM
    i liked the look of the Gmail UI when I saw it Sunday. Has the same feel as outlook.
    04-15-11 12:47 AM
    I just don't understand why you need a damn app when you have the full blown email in a window lol. Apps are phones and the other so called tablets that can handle the web.
    If you don't understand by now, you probably never will.
    slbailey1 and blackmoe like this.
    04-15-11 01:03 AM
    Ok kind sir.. Whatever you say. Are you done?
    04-15-11 01:07 AM
    Berryreview has done an awesome job pointing to the positives on the PB. Why were these simple facts (go to berryreview.com to see his brief reviews of things he can do in the browser) not mentioned in the other reviews? Other than berryreview and anandtech, I'm appalled at the state of technology journalism. Its become like a religious cult.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 01:24 AM
    I would hardly call BerryReview an actual review. Its like 4-5 sentences and then pics. I think theres more pics than sentences.
    04-15-11 01:29 AM
    This looks really great! i have 2 Gmail accounts to manage so imagine what ill be doing with this! u are right.. it looks like the iOS.

By the way, Thanks for pointing out the things that on how effectively one can use such a device.

Much Appreciated
    04-15-11 01:31 AM
    Berry Review posted that he was a little tipsy tonight LOL.

I know it's been posted here already in the forum but this is a great interview..

Research In Motion's Balsillie Interview About PlayBook - Video - Bloomberg
    Last edited by ddj247; 04-15-11 at 01:37 AM. Reason: link edit
    04-15-11 01:34 AM
    I would hardly call BerryReview an actual review. Its like 4-5 sentences and then pics. I think theres more pics than sentences.
    You're right. He says he will do a full review later. What I was trying to say (badly) is at least he's emphasizing some very positive features that are important to me in terms of choosing to but this tab.

04-15-11 01:37 AM
    Picture is worth 1000s of words.

Can't wait for my PB!
    04-15-11 01:46 AM
    exactly what i wanted! can you look at your mails offline?
    04-15-11 01:47 AM
    Yep... Pictures speak louder then words LOL.
    04-15-11 01:50 AM
    Not my review at all but I thought I would help spread the world to help shut up the haters!

Gmail On the BlackBerry PlayBook – Looks Awesome! - BerryReview
    I am impressed. gmail loads in the PB browser.
    slbailey1 likes this.
    04-15-11 02:07 AM
    If you don't understand by now, you probably never will.
    If you don't understand why it's not a big deal by now, you probably never will.
    robertyhn, grover5 and urbanguy like this.
    04-15-11 06:58 AM
    It is absolutely the same interface like iOS on iPad. Hoping the gmail functionality will not be reduced as it is on iOS/iPad.
    04-15-11 07:42 AM
    If you don't understand why it's not a big deal by now, you probably never will.
    I'll give you one reason why it's a big deal. No support for external apps to use it to send mail. I have an app I want to send mail with, but as of right now, I've just commented out all of that functionality. I'm not sure how Bridge will work, I wont have a Blackberry phone to test it with even. Native email doesn't exist, and now the Gmail web site DOES look great, but it's not going to help when I need to send an email through an app.

As nice as this looks, and as well as it will work, it's not as good as having an app.
    04-15-11 09:45 AM
    I agree with you 100% and really don't understand why most people don't feel this way. Who needs 300,000 apps?
    04-15-11 09:54 AM
    An app could utilize rims push feature. In the web you probably have to just keep checking it. That's the only upside I could see... At least until native is released

04-15-11 09:56 AM
    As well as a berry biased source. I saw a Best Buy user review posted in another thread, almost as good
    04-15-11 09:58 AM
    I agree with you 100% and really don't understand why most people don't feel this way. Who needs 300,000 apps?
    Haha, I'd settle for 10 great ones over the 300k you referred to

04-15-11 09:58 AM
    I'll give you one reason why it's a big deal. No support for external apps to use it to send mail. I have an app I want to send mail with, but as of right now, I've just commented out all of that functionality. I'm not sure how Bridge will work, I wont have a Blackberry phone to test it with even. Native email doesn't exist, and now the Gmail web site DOES look great, but it's not going to help when I need to send an email through an app.

As nice as this looks, and as well as it will work, it's not as good as having an app.
    I still can't believe that apple has brainwashed so many people into thinking you can not accomplish anything without an app.
    04-15-11 10:27 AM
    I still can't believe that apple has brainwashed so many people into thinking you can not accomplish anything without an app.
    The irony is that Apple started out telling people the web = the app in the iPhone 1 era. For a long time they refused to allow anyone to build native apps at all even though it was perfectly possible.

Apple fans buy into anything apparently. Right now they are all convinced that the world doesn't need Flash. I'm glad all other manufacturers seem to disagree or Jobs would have singlehandedly killed Flash.
    04-15-11 10:40 AM
    The irony is that Apple started out telling people the web = the app in the iPhone 1 era. For a long time they refused to allow anyone to build native apps at all even though it was perfectly possible.

Apple fans buy into anything apparently. Right now they are all convinced that the world doesn't need Flash. I'm glad all other manufacturers seem to disagree or Jobs would have singlehandedly killed Flash.
    I think Jobs is an Alien in a turtle neck and every Apple fanboy is brain washed.
    04-15-11 10:50 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD