Just read the Globe's Tech gift guide, they are promoting a $700 Android tablet and no mention of the $199 playbook. IMHO I'm sure way more people would like to know about a $500 tablet selling for $200. That price point alone makes it way more likely that it will be a hot seller. Looking back on this Xmas, if RIM continues this aggressive push to make the playbook THE gadget gift for this Xmas, the Globe can say that there choice was a $700 Android tablet, that will mainly appeal to early adopter types. great. And hey, I'm all for the best gadget winning, but at $200 even non believer's are admitting its a great deal. If anyone else want's to see the globe get behind this playbook deal, feel free to write them too. Who knows, maybe RIM will get some positive coverage there and we will get more apps and some momentum for this awesome platform. Here's my letter to the globe.

"So let me get this straight. You've got a $700 android tablet in the 'tech gift guide' but no $199 playbook? Way more people are going to spend $200 on a gift than a 3G tablet with a cell plan. What are you guys thinking? RIM is fighting for their life, has build a very solid product and now has obviously made a play for the xmas gadget of 2012 and you guys don't even mention it? WTF? It's $200 for a full scale tablet, with a smaller ecosystem, no thanks to you guys!
    Last edited by frankzaman; 11-23-11 at 01:47 AM.
    11-23-11 01:45 AM
    Haha I hear what you mean the media hasn't been playing nice with RIM lately to drive shares to go down. The sad thing is RIM isn't doing anything to fight back. On the plus side an iPad is around that price range and they're not showing any love for Apple either.
    11-23-11 01:55 AM
    Who cares. They are still selling like hotcakes...
    11-23-11 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD