Does anyone know if better e-mail mailbox cleanup tools are coming in either OS 2.1 or BB10? I am frustrated about my lack of ability to "purge" my mailbox easily with the current OS. With hundreds of items in there, going a few at a time to delete is pretty cumbersome.

Is there any work-around on that? With four source accounts flowing into the one box, I am getting a little worried about storage capacity.
    09-14-12 03:01 PM
    Does anyone know if better e-mail mailbox cleanup tools are coming in either OS 2.1 or BB10? I am frustrated about my lack of ability to "purge" my mailbox easily with the current OS. With hundreds of items in there, going a few at a time to delete is pretty cumbersome.

Is there any work-around on that? With four source accounts flowing into the one box, I am getting a little worried about storage capacity.
    ?

While the email client on the PlayBook is very basic, and there are not many of the very basic function you would have expected.....

I think 30 Days is the max period that it will keep messages on the device, so you don't have to worry about storage capacity. But if you get a lot of junk email and want to delete it in bulk... I haven't seen anyway to do that. Have to use my "real" computer to mange my inbox, which will then sync to the PlayBook's email client.
    09-14-12 03:08 PM
    Why are you only doing a few at a time. You can do a hundred or more at a time if you wish- just swipe from the top, choose select, then tap on the box that appears on all the emails you want to delete, then hit the trashcan.
    knottyrope likes this.
    09-14-12 04:10 PM
    ^^^^I think the OP already knows about that. You still have to select each of them more-or-less individually (minus the trick about holding one finger on the top one and tapping the bottom one, etc)
    09-14-12 06:14 PM
    Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. If he doesn't (didn't) he should know now. If he does know and is looking for something better/quicker, he can sideload Aico Mail, which is an android email app, It has a select all function (where you can then de-select individual emails) and lets you delete all selected messages. It loads 25 messages on start but you can then load further batches of mail, 25 at a time. So you can open the app, then choose to load more batches of 25 each, then select all, then de-select individual messages, then delete, getting rid of a bunch of messages at once.
    09-14-12 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD