Hey guys I found a few glitches with the playbook. Not sure if others know about it

1. on the homescreen, if you drag all the applications (like switching tabs) left if it is the last screen or right if it was the left screen.
    notice how the apps disappeared.
    let go and the apps go back, no biggy.
    now do the same process so dont hold and drag an app, no, drag the screen---------now quickly , without letting go, press the power button.
    if done properly, when you turn the screen on, it appears as if there were no apps.
    if you press where the apps where, the apps will still open, just you can't see any icon!!!!!!!!!!!

just swipe left or right to go back.

2. if you're on the internet, open up the app world and quickly go back to browser.
    the loading screen of app world will appear.

I don't know if this works for sure but it does for me each time.

can't upload image because it makes browser look exactly like app world and when you exit it goes to normal.

btw you must open browser and go on a site like crackberry which takes time to load and then open app wofld while crackberry is loading and then go back to browser

warning I'm version 2.1 beta latest update on wifi playbook. not responsible for loss and if they don't work, plz don't be rude. number 1 should work but if your playbook is extra fast, number 2 might not work.

pls share any of your glitches so I can post them here

edit: please don't talk about which forum to put it in or just random b.s. just share the glitches, not bugs
    Last edited by pttptppt; 10-02-12 at 07:29 AM.
    10-01-12 10:10 PM
    warning I'm version 2.1 beta latest update on wifi playbook. not responsible for loss and if they don't work, plz don't be rude. number 1 should work but if your playbook is extra fast, number 2 might not work.

These are known bugs both here on the forums and elsewhere. My recommendation is use existing threads to expand upon topics unless there is anything new...
    10-01-12 10:21 PM
    Hey! OP! Hey OP! Hey!

How is Windows Phone treating your PlayBook? Did Microsoft release the RTM version for you already?

10-01-12 11:37 PM
    What's up with your Playbook homescreen. There's a little house icon instead of your settings...
    10-02-12 12:06 AM
    Mmm I got some big critical ones for you.

Sometimes when you press - hold and delete an application on the front end, apps do not fully remove. The icon will vanish but the app stays listed in App World as installed - usually with missing data.

This causes PB app backups to fail.

Sometimes when wifi is enabled on your PB, running debug attempts fails to launch. And backups fail on immediate launch.

Remove all apps from your top bar and things get ugly.

Update to .668 and (edit:some) QNXWebStageView apps (I.e. Webapps in AIR) can no longer access websites.

Mmm what else - when email accounts fail to connect on your PB in 2.1 they can become disconnected long term.

Also using your PB battery to 0 percent causes major recharge issues. requires static recharge.

Etc etc etc. Many minor bugs not worth fixing with bb10 looming too

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 12:16 AM
    Mmm I got some big critical ones for you.

Sometimes when you press - hold and delete an application on the front end, apps do not fully remove. The icon will vanish but the app stays listed in App World as installed - usually with missing data.

This causes PB app backups to fail.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    I have that one too.. Didn't know that's why backups were failing.. After restart the icon would pop back up and I delete again so it was gone from appworld too this time.. But sadly enough my backups fail at various percentages.. And idea if there is a way to get backups saving again?
    10-02-12 12:21 AM
    I think you got these glitches because your PlayBook is duct taped to the cats face.
    In the forums it clearly says don't duct tape your PlayBook to a cats face.
    Some people.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-02-12 06:09 AM
    Reminds me of the late Tommy Cooper and one of his jokes.

I went to see the Doctor the other day. I said "Doc, if I raise my arm like this, it hurts!"

He said "Well don't do it then!"

BB_Bmore and madman0141 like this.
    10-02-12 06:38 AM
    Hey guys I found a few glitches with the playbook. Not sure if others know about it

1. on the homescreen, if you drag all the applications (like switching tabs) left if it is the last screen or right if it was the left screen.
    notice how the apps disappeared.
    let go and the apps go back, no biggy.
    now do the same process so dont hold and drag an app, no, drag the screen---------now quickly , without letting go, press the power button.
    if done properly, when you turn the screen on, it appears as if there were no apps.
    if you press where the apps where, the apps will still open, just you can't see any icon!!!!!!!!!!!

just swipe left or right to go back.

2. if you're on the internet, open up the app world and quickly go back to browser.
    the loading screen of app world will appear.

I don't know if this works for sure but it does for me each time.

can't upload image because it makes browser look exactly like app world and when you exit it goes to normal.

btw you must open browser and go on a site like crackberry which takes time to load and then open app wofld while crackberry is loading and then go back to browser

edit: please don't talk about which forum to put it in or just random b.s. just share the glitches, not bugs

1. I don't know if I understand this correctly, but for the first part there can't be a blank tab/screen, so that is deleted and that is why the icons return to the first page. As for the second part, it just acts as if it was "paused". Not sure why anyone would do that either.

2. If it is done purposefully fast, then it does and automatically goes aways. Again, not sure why a person would purposefully try to go that fast and if it happens, it isn't a big deal.

I am not trying to be rude, but what is the point of posting these "glitches". Generally there is a big following for glitches when it comes to video games (going under maps, through rocks/objects, holding something while jumping allows for extra speed/money/duplication of items, etc), but it is really only applicable for games, not for hardware/standard software. Normally for hardware/standard software it is more interesting to find Easter Eggs or tucked away features. Don't worry, I won't go into my opinion of glitchers in games because this isn't the place for that, just as it isn't really the place for random, meaningless PB "glitches".

You specifically didn't want bug reports which makes me think you recently got into the glitch scene, but your applying to the complete wrong area (hence most of the responses your getting).
    esk369 likes this.
    10-02-12 02:41 PM
    I have that one too.. Didn't know that's why backups were failing.. After restart the icon would pop back up and I delete again so it was gone from appworld too this time.. But sadly enough my backups fail at various percentages.. And idea if there is a way to get backups saving again?
    I have had backups failing as well...all the way from last year July, still with version 1.xxx. I did some tests and found if tbdre is an app that has a large amount of data (Recipe, ebooks, etc) the backup will fail. reducing/ removing the amount of data will. result in a succesful backup. The trick is to identify the app causing the problem.

On that note, after upgrading to 2.1 beta, my backups are failing again. If DM would show the current file/ app while backing up it would help to identify the problem app.
    10-02-12 03:23 PM
    Give this a go, should get your backup fixed. But it will come back later on. Its kind of unresolvable if you install any apps from app world IMO.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1/#post7536751
    10-02-12 04:27 PM
    What's up with your Playbook homescreen. There's a little house icon instead of your settings...
    This. What's going on here?
    10-02-12 04:41 PM
    for the first one, if you're trying to show off your playbook but don't want to show apps, then just don't show the apps!!
    or if you feel embaressed about having the app.
    btw it doesn't go back if you touch the screen, it only goes back if you swipe on the screen

2. yes you're right no point at all, just annoying and stupid that that happens when you're loading app world and you're browsing the internet and suddenly it changes to app world.
    what happened to multi tasking

rim sadly, I must finally admit you must release 2.1 or even bb 10 to make up to your customers for failing.

basically we have version 1.0 or 2.0 some have 2.1 beta and some even have bb 10 (really no point, some apps don't even work.) but all these versions and the playbook itself is just a bit beta version when playbook 2 comes out, it will be what should have been and could have been playbook 1 version 1.0

whoah!! anger management pttptppt
    10-02-12 10:24 PM
    I don't know, I'm looking and it shows the gear. when I look at my screenshot, it shows gear. When I post, it shanges to house (tried multiple times). A glitch newly discovered that I never knew!!!!
    10-03-12 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD