Hello All.
    I made a post a few days ago bc I could not get bridge to work with my torch 9800 (att). I followed the advice, still didnt work..called att tech.to see if it was the phone ..still nothing and finally rim tech support for playbook after wasting a hr of my time by keeping me on hold
    I have given up all hope of getting bridge to connect..or should i just return it already...
    11-15-11 01:56 PM
    what os are u on? do u have the latest os and software?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 02:06 PM
    I may be wrong but doesnt AT&T block bridge access.
    11-15-11 02:11 PM
    can get help, for example, step by step for what you did and observed.
    11-15-11 02:21 PM
    AT&T blocks the Bridge Browser only. You can still use Bridge to access email, calendar, etc. When I click on the Bridge Browser, A message pops up saying to call AT&T to sign up for a tethering plan.

From what I've been reading on the forums, all other carriers do not block any of the Bridge capablities.

OP, if I were you I would start from scratch. Wipe your phone and Playbook and do not restore anything from a backup and go from there. You might have introduced more problems installing and uninstalling settings that might have rendered Bridge usleless. Keep at it and don't give up because Bridge makes the PlayBook really shine.

mokeiko
    Last edited by mokeikoberry; 11-15-11 at 02:42 PM.
    11-15-11 02:34 PM
    Hello All.
    I made a post a few days ago bc I could not get bridge to work with my torch 9800 (att). I followed the advice, still didnt work..called att tech.to see if it was the phone ..still nothing and finally rim tech support for playbook after wasting a hr of my time by keeping me on hold
    I have given up all hope of getting bridge to connect..or should i just return it already...
    Try this, and don't think "oh, I've done this many times thanks" until you've done it exactly the same way, in sequence
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ms-try-669143/

Then, if it's not working, you should backup your PB, do a security wipe, and selective restore (mind the apps, prefer an appWorld reinstall). If it's still wrong, you may have a lemon ... try to have it exchanged.

EDIT: just saw your previous posts ... since you have not said what you've done ... this is the same solution I gave then.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-15-11 at 02:51 PM.
    11-15-11 02:48 PM
    I may be wrong but doesnt AT&T block bridge access.
    If you are on ATT, then do not download the Bridge app from AppWord. Download the Over The Air version at Your BlackBerry Home Page. Click on applications, and then click on the appropriate Bridge link for your phone.

The OTA version of Bridge will work for all Bridge features, and you will not incur data charges from ATT.
    11-15-11 04:11 PM
    I'm on Bell Mobility (Ontario Canada) and I can browse ok in Bridge mode.
    11-15-11 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD