So i lay down to sleep and i plug in my PB to chrge. and i notice screen wont stay off while charging. Kinda of annoying.

I am sitting here watching my lock screen pull up the keyboard type random numbers then click ok to unlock and red words saying wrong password and the amount of attempts. MY pb is doing this all on its on own. WHY! now i have to wory about locking myself out of my PB. has any one else experienced similar issues.
    12-23-11 06:37 AM
    Hi, do you have anything else plugged into the same socket? Whenever I've heard of this type of thing it has to do with that or the source.
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-23-11 06:42 AM
    did you recently put on a new screen protector? Or maybe you got remote rooted? Lol.
    12-23-11 06:52 AM
    did you recently put on a new screen protector? Or maybe you got remote rooted? Lol.
    have had it less than 24 hours didnt even know we had screen savers ooo will look for some now hahahah
    12-23-11 06:57 AM
    We have a place that we charge everything. When I cahrge the PB's there they go wacky. Something about all the wires or the converters in the plugs. Someone mention bad grounding in the outlet could cause it. I wired my house so I know that's not my problem. Try moving that black box and wire away from the stand.
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-23-11 06:59 AM
    The only time I've experienced that was when I used an off-brand charger. And yes, go around and unplug various things from that same circuit. You could have something bleeding between + & - or creating a strong electromagnetic field.
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-23-11 08:55 AM
    Hi, do you have anything else plugged into the same socket? Whenever I've heard of this type of thing it has to do with that or the source.
    yes i have my bb charging as well
    12-23-11 09:41 AM
    We have a place that we charge everything. When I cahrge the PB's there they go wacky. Something about all the wires or the converters in the plugs. Someone mention bad grounding in the outlet could cause it. I wired my house so I know that's not my problem. Try moving that black box and wire away from the stand.
    way to go blackberry lol... i ended up turning it off before i a woke up with a blocked pb. but now i know for the future.
    12-23-11 09:43 AM
    so i figured out what was making the PB go all nutty. Even though all of your replies are probably accurate as well.

I sleep with a dehumidifier on my night stand (asthmatic) and it has ion control (which i have no idea what its for). When i set the PB on the night stand its starts randomly clucking around. I turned off the ion control and now PB is doing just fine.
    12-25-11 10:39 AM
    so i figured out what was making the PB go all nutty. Even though all of your replies are probably accurate as well.

I sleep with a dehumidifier on my night stand (asthmatic) and it has ion control (which i have no idea what its for). When i set the PB on the night stand its starts randomly clucking around. I turned off the ion control and now PB is doing just fine.
    LOL well glad you got it figured out and don't have a ghost
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-25-11 10:42 AM
    I had a simliar issue as the OP.
    However, I was running the latest version of 2.0 Beta at the time, and it only occured when I turned off or put in standby... The bad thing was, it never actually shut off or went into to standby mode and killed the battery. I never figured out the problem, until one day it just started to work like it was supposed to.

-Nate
    12-25-11 10:43 AM
    That "ion control" is probably it. There are a few videos of the pb doing GHOSTLY things - in the presence of a plasma tv and near those electrostatic globes where 'lightning bolts' are generated for artistic amusement. And as noted above, on some circuits in their homes which may just be off for some reason or other.
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-25-11 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD