It sounds good, but I don't see any lifetime guarantee.
    05-18-11 12:48 PM
    Since others have posted photos of the Ghost Armor on the front and back (non-carbon fiber), I thought I'd post two photos of mine with the black carbon fiber. You can actually choose silver, white, or black.

Texture is pretty awesome and not as slick as the standard film.
    05-18-11 12:52 PM
    Since others have posted photos of the Ghost Armor on the front and back (non-carbon fiber), I thought I'd post two photos of mine with the black carbon fiber. You can actually choose silver, white, or black.

Texture is pretty awesome and not as slick as the standard film.
    That looks pretty sick. I like the carbon fiber look. I went with the matte one for the way it makes the playbook really look as though nothing is on it (feels great and protects extremely well too!).
    05-18-11 02:28 PM
    Can anyone confirm if you can use the rapid charger stand with the ghost armor installed?
    06-17-11 06:16 AM
    Based on the recommendations in this thread, I went out and had a GA installed. It was about $50 installed for the full body with matte back. It looks great and feels great (almost like nothing on the screen), but I noticed the screen isn't responding properly. It only senses certain touches and swipes. Its been about 12 hours since it was installed, and I know it says it can take up 24-48 hours to fully cure. Is this normal? Did any one else notice reduced sensitivity in the beginning? How long did it take to fix itself?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 08:24 AM
    The Blackberry online store sells he Tr� Protection screen protectors. Has anyone had any experience with those ones? The actual website of the company is Screen Films, Screen Protectors, and Cases for BlackBerry, iPhone, and iPod | TruProtection.
    I have the Tru HD Anti Glare protector on mine and I LOVE IT! Definitely helps with the glare reduction and I love that I don't have to constantly clean the fingerprints and smudges off of my screen. It also doesn't affect the clarity of the screen....if anything, it makes the screen pop more. I def recommend it.
    06-17-11 08:28 AM
    Yes, you can use the rapid charger dock with no issues. I have the full body GA on my Playbook.

No reduced sensitivity on mine -- I was able to use it right away. Only bit of instruction I got from GA was to keep it out of cases or the like for the curing timeframe.
    uci2ci likes this.
    06-20-11 07:57 AM
    Yes, you can use the rapid charger dock with no issues. I have the full body GA on my Playbook.

No reduced sensitivity on mine -- I was able to use it right away. Only bit of instruction I got from GA was to keep it out of cases or the like for the curing timeframe.
    Best thing is to wait 48 hours, then you can use a case.
    uci2ci and convenor like this.
    06-20-11 09:50 AM
    thanks guys
    06-20-11 04:50 PM
    A question, if I may.

I know this is an old thread but it is still open. Just wanted to know is it possible to have the full body GA and use the Otterbox Defender for PlayBook on it.

Much Appreciated.

Regards,
    12-08-11 05:11 PM
    Hi Greggov, I know this was posted awhile ago, but I was wondering if your tablet got better after the installation of the ghost armor. I recently had one installed too and I noticed after a using it that the response was terrible. I'm scared that the guy installing the armor used too much pressure on the screen. Did the screen sensitivity with your tablet resolve? If not, how did you handle it? Thanks
    12-22-11 10:50 AM
    Does this protect your device from drops like the Otterbox?
    12-22-11 12:57 PM
    I have to say this product is garbage.

Kiosk Install = Garbage

First Install - Micro bubbles everywhere. Protector alignment out of whack.
    2nd - Dust and Micro bubbles.
    3rd - Scratched to heck and particles on the boarder.
    4th - The guy did a great job and went out of his way.

I want to say the staff at the kiosks were great but I have to question putting a larger screen protector on in mall environment where there is dust and movement everywhere. I also have to say the application makes me nervous with water around the speakers.

Feel = Garbage

Many will say if your this picky do it yourself (35$ it better be perfect though) BUT in between the install gong show I had the screen protector on and off and I have to say the sensitivity is completely degraded with this protector.

I doubt the guy wrecked your PB. After the 3rd application I thought they wrecked my PB as well with the water but when I took it off everything was back to normal. 100xs different.

This time around though it is unusable to me, wrecks the whole playbook experience. I will be buying the Steinheil when it’s back in stock or just not use one.

Again the staff were great but how anyone can put this stuff on a larger screen with so much movement, near impossible. If the feel gets better after a week I will update my comments.
    Last edited by kship; 01-10-12 at 10:30 AM.
    01-10-12 10:28 AM
    Ive had mine on since day 1 with my PB( little over a month now), and also on my torch 9800 and my torch 9810 as well as my laptop screen. No decreased touch sensitivity what so ever on any device. Something must be wrong with how it was installed or something? If GA affect screen sensitivity, then anything you put on the screen will also effect it.
    convenor likes this.
    01-10-12 10:57 AM
    Did yours get better over time.

I am giving it a week and then will take it off. Will report back if there is an improvement but there is a problem. I am not imagining it. haha.
    01-10-12 11:24 AM
    Did yours get better over time.

I am giving it a week and then will take it off. Will report back if there is an improvement but there is a problem. I am not imagining it. haha.
    All devices worked perfectly fine right from day 1. Only thing that got better with time is the clarity, micro bubbles disappeared, and it got clearer. Other then the cutouts for the camera and the LED, you wouldn't even know it was on my device(screen side).
    01-10-12 11:35 AM
    Clarity is great on the last install and would love to keep it but there is some sort of issue. You really need to press when swipping and accessing apps. Typing is now even an issue.
    01-10-12 11:38 AM
    Why would you want a protector on a toughened glass screen ?
    01-10-12 01:23 PM
    So you are saying they don't scratch LOL okay.
    01-10-12 03:56 PM
    So you are saying they don't scratch LOL okay.
    How sharp is your finger ?
    01-10-12 04:10 PM
    @kship
    Give the 3M Natural View Screen Protector a try. It can be picked up cheap in eBay. Easy install without any solution.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-685172/
    01-10-12 04:33 PM
    How sharp is your Ear. Guess cell phones never scratch even when they are made out of Gorilla Glass.

$hite happens. I am not sitting in doors with this thing all day. It gets used.
    01-10-12 04:53 PM
    Thanks. Will check it out...

@kship
    Give the 3M Natural View Screen Protector a try. It can be picked up cheap in eBay. Easy install without any solution.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-685172/
    01-10-12 04:54 PM
    Unfortunately, the GA (like all other full body skin protectors) will do squat when dropping the device onto a concrete ground.
    I will stick with my i-con carbon case for true protection.
    Nice looking options anyways (ie: matte or carbon fiber)
    01-10-12 06:08 PM
    Just got mine installed today!!!

Ive had a gift certificate sitting around since Christmas, I was a little hesitant because the screen protector I had on previously was on perfectly and working like a dream so I was very scared to mess that up.

Now although I have nothing bad to say, when I got home I noticed a squiggly piece of dust under the screen :| which means I have to get it replaced tomorrow.

Other than that It looks amazing, the guy put it on perfectly matching the speakers, the LED, and the camera. It actually looks and feels like I dont even have a screen protector on, which in my opinion is amazing!!! And in terms of finger prints it does a nice job at keeping them away although I would of liked it if they made a matte version for the Playbook but apparently they are not going to make one.

I recommend if your looking for a screen protector this is the way to go, just be preparred to be patient because like any screen protector somthing could go wrong (like my peice of dust) but who cares cause it has a lifetime warranty and you can get it replaced as many times as you want if you are not satisfied
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 01-11-12 at 07:15 PM.
    01-11-12 07:12 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD