Well since I have not seen a review post up yet, I felt like I should go ahead and put one out there. This is the first time I have had Ghost Armor on any device, and I am coming away quite impressed!

Now to start off, there are 3 main companies making screen/body protectors for the Playbook (if you disregard the small companies): Body Guardz, Zagg, and Ghost Armor. I have experience with 2 of these - Zagg (which I had and quickly returned) and Ghost Armor.

When I was first planning on picking a protection kit for my PB, I wanted a few things: as little of an orange peel effect, REAL protection, no "grippy" feel, and no interference with the screen in terms of picture. Both protectors that I have used have not given me problem with picture quality fortunately. Others, however, have had problems with distorted picture quality with the Zagg. The Zagg also had a very bad orange peel effect. What does this mean? It means what it says - the screen looks like a transparent orange peel. Lastly, it felt WAYYYY too grippy for me. When doing gestures, this can get very annoying, as your hand will get caught here and there on the screen.

After running into problems with the Zagg Invisibleshield, I decided to go with the Ghost Armor. Now Ghost Armor was my first choice but was unavailable. Everyone that I know who has had Ghost Armor has sworn by it and gets it on all their gadgets. I had it put on today. Now with the full body kit, you have a choice - You'll get a regular Ghost Armor protector for the screen, but you have a choice of whether to have that same protector on the body or to have a matte finish. I decided to go with the matte finish so that it would look as "natural" as possible. I did not want a glossy look on the back.

When The gentleman was finished putting on my Ghost Armor (took only 15 minutes), It looked amazing. The fact of the matter is, you don't NEED any case for this and can go with just the neoprene sleeve. It is REALLY protected and well covered. I have taken a key to this thing and rubbed it against my desk top ( just for the **** of it). Not a single scratch. Also, it doesn't get smudged easily! How does it look? Like it should! It really does look as though NOTHING is there. How does it feel? It feels as it should too. You get adequate grip on the body, but no grippy-ness to the screen. It feels almost as smooth as the actual screen. My finger does not get caught anywhere when sliding across the screen.

How much does it cost? I paid 60 installed (I received a discount as I knew someone who worked there), but it should run the average person 70 installed. If you just want the screen covered, it will run 45. I strongly suggest getting full body protection, as this is a pricey device. Also, I strongly suggest getting the matte finish on the body protector. It looks and feels amazing!

In the end how do I feel? Go buy this now! Go to Ghost-Armor.com and find a location near you. If you don't have one, just order online and put it on yourself (they have a lifetime warranty, so if anything goes wrong, they'll replace it no questions asked). If you are able to spend 500-700 for your PB, you can spend a little more to protect your investment!

edit:

Here's the link to the site - Ghost Armor Cell Phone Skins and Cases, Laptop Wraps & Screen Protectors | Ghost Armor
    Last edited by esc0bar336; 05-14-11 at 11:13 PM.
    Serkle K, clowrym, CDM76 and 3 others like this.
    05-06-11 12:18 AM
    Interesting any pics?
    05-06-11 12:49 AM
    If I take pics, you wont really be able to tell its there hahaha. Its that good. The best part of the matte cover on the back, is that it raises the back just enough where the berry symbol isnt touching the ground. This will prevent it from getting scratched for the most part.
    05-06-11 10:15 AM
    Thanks for the review. I did not even know about this until I read your post.

Anyway the price of the full body is:

Full Body ($34.99)

It will cost $70 for parts and labor so the labor cost about $35. Wow, that is a lot for labor.

Is it easy to install it yourself? I know that you did not install it yourself but from looking at it, do you think it is easy to install by yourself?

I have a 64 GB Playbook so it is pretty expensive. I like some good protection without the bulk. Currently I am using the Convertible Case for my playbook.
    Last edited by Earthbrain; 05-06-11 at 10:34 AM.
    05-06-11 10:31 AM
    You have to include tax, but it costs the same as an iPad to put on, which I believe is 20 dollars. It's expensive, but these things last, and if you ever have a problem, just go to the stand and they put a new one on for you. Just have to pay for the install fee. I watched my cousin take a drill to his iPhone with it on there. It did NOTHING to the phone. Ive also seen him scratch it after really taking a key HARD to it, and over a few weeks it healed itself and was like there was nothing there.
    05-06-11 10:50 AM
    You can install yourself...it's just easier to have them do it for you.
    05-06-11 10:51 AM
    I feel that unless you have an Otterbox, where your PB is REALLY in there good with REAL good protection, get Ghost Armor.
    05-06-11 10:52 AM
    So...I took a power drill to my PB with the Ghost Armor on it...Not a single blemish on the PB! I was cleaning it and gauged a scratch into the front of my PB Ghost Armor ( on the bottom left of the bezel)...Since I was gonna go get the Ghost Armor replaced, I figured what the ****...I wanted to really test the strength of this thing and the protection it really gave. I took a power drill, and ran it across the front of the Ghost Armor. I ran it for about 20 seconds and had scratched it ALL over the front. I then took it to the Ghost Armor stand. After staring at me like wtf did I do lmao, the guy peeled it right off and put on a new one within 10 minutes. There wasn't a single blemish on my PB. Win! They did not charge me a dime to replace it either. Double Win! This is the best investment I have made in regards to protecting my PB.
    05-07-11 03:07 PM
    i just ordered it online.

use this code to get 20% off.

ga4life

there was no option to order a matte finish though, so i sent an email after the order.
    05-07-11 03:42 PM
    Definitely worth it. Especially after what I did this morning. Lol I'm still shocked a power drill went to my PB! The fact it looks as though nothing happened and they replaced my ghost armor with no charge and no fus (I was out of there in less than 10 minutes) makes me even happier.
    05-07-11 03:58 PM
    Got my GA screen protector yesterday and applied it this morning, Easy Peasy and works GREAT! I had tried Invisashield earlier but removed it the same day. GA fits better and is easier to apply. I've had GA on my Storm 2 since I bought it and it works great. Same thing on the PB, good feel and even works well with my stylus! A winner in screen protection!

I only applied the GA to the screen as I have a case coming and I've found these coverings can make getting things in and out of their cases a bit tough. If anyone wants the back protection, PM me and I'l send it to you for the cost of postage! (OK, already have a couple claimants for the GA Back Protection. I'll let you all know if it doesn't get sent out to one of them)
    Last edited by chasvs; 05-13-11 at 02:43 PM.
    05-13-11 02:01 PM
    I'm glad there are other people out there enjoying GA as much as I am! It is just great. When a product works as great as this does, I can't help but promote the **** out of it. Get it now! The other protectors out there just plain suck.

Ghost Armor Cell Phone Skins and Cases, Laptop Wraps & Screen Protectors | Ghost Armor
    05-14-11 11:08 PM
    $60-$70 installed? That's highway robbery. Local shop does it for $15 for full and $7.50 for screen only for tablet installs.
    05-15-11 12:04 AM
    Yea not GA tho. Anything else you put on it is cheap and just wont last lol. Nothing feels as good as GA on there also.
    05-15-11 12:10 AM
    Yea not GA tho. Anything else you put on it is cheap and just wont last lol. Nothing feels as good as GA on there also.
    Sorry, I was implying that if you bring in your own protector, that's what they charge. My boss had his iPad and BB Storm2 with Zagg full body protectors done at the local shop. I think that $30 just for install's crazy....I'd rather risk trying to install it myself lol
    05-15-11 12:16 AM
    I feel that unless you have an Otterbox, where your PB is REALLY in there good with REAL good protection, get Ghost Armor.
    got the otterbox, but the screen protector part is a bit odd.. matteish, floating above the screen, not as natural feeling or looking and barely glued on there (good thing because..) some people are ripping the screen protector part off and just putting on a straight protector while keeping the shell case on. considering this as an option.
    Last edited by veldacy1; 05-15-11 at 02:11 AM.
    05-15-11 02:08 AM
    I had the Zagg shied put on about a week ago, I thought I had made a good choice until I read this post, now I'm wondering if I should try Ghost armor. The "orange peel" effect is starting to get on my nerves. I'll keep Zagg on until I make a decision. $70 is kind of expensive and I paid $35 for Zagg (product and installation) but proper protection beats no protection at all.
    05-15-11 08:16 AM
    The Zagg is really no good. Thing is, GA is the same cost price wise as the Zagg - 25 for front, 35 for full body (no extra for matte). You can easily install yourself, I just chose to have them put it on. On page 1 of this thread, someone posted a discount code to get 20 percent off I believe. Def go this route as its not too difficult to put on. If you mess up, just get it replaced. Only reason I got it installed is so that I don't have to go and get it changed via mail. I just bring it into any GA cart and theyll change it out for me free of charge.

I've had both the Zagg and the Ghost Armor. Zagg felt too grippy for me. Especially when it gets a little humid, it becomes very difficult to use the playbook with it on. Now with the GA, I REALLY feel as though nothing is on the screen to begin with. It feels almost like the actual screen, and definitely does not have as much of that orange peel effect that the Zagg did (which was showing pretty heavily).

GA is definitely worth the investment.
    05-15-11 12:33 PM
    So after reading all the various reviews, I went to the kiosk in Chinook Centre here in Calgary (2 locations, Chinook and Cross Irons Mills) to see Ghost Armor.

I think it was roughly $50 installation included, but I got the screen protection plus the full body in black carbon fiber. Simply put, it looks and feels awesome! Very friendly service, and the guy made it look so easy to put (and I know it isn't!).

Highly recommended! Lifetime warranty and they'll replace it for free (Just charge $15 for re-install) if anything happens to it. It really feels a lot more protective. I just use the Blackberry leather sleeve.

I tried the Zapp and I could not install it properly for the life of me (or to my satisfaction). But this amazing! Thanks for the reviews guys! Hope mine helps someone else!
    05-16-11 09:34 AM
    So after reading all the various reviews, I went to the kiosk in Chinook Centre here in Calgary (2 locations, Chinook and Cross Irons Mills) to see Ghost Armor.

I think it was roughly $50 installation included, but I got the screen protection plus the full body in black carbon fiber. Simply put, it looks and feels awesome! Very friendly service, and the guy made it look so easy to put (and I know it isn't!).

Highly recommended! Lifetime warranty and they'll replace it for free (Just charge $15 for re-install) if anything happens to it. It really feels a lot more protective. I just use the Blackberry leather sleeve.

I tried the Zapp and I could not install it properly for the life of me (or to my satisfaction). But this amazing! Thanks for the reviews guys! Hope mine helps someone else!
    Good to know the price. My friend just got it on her iphone for 45 so I thought the tab would be way more.

OP thanks for the review
    05-16-11 09:56 AM
    Just Ghost Armored my tab, so i thought i would share my experience with everyone on here.. LOVIN IT so far! Like the fact that i don't have to worry about scratching my screen so easily now. I guess it kind of gives me that peace of mind. I bought the "Full Body" in clear off of their website:

Playbook Protection: Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber Skins, Cases, Wraps, and Screen Protectors | Ghost Armor

i was afraid that putting the screen protector on it, would inhibit the ability to use it properly... haven't had an instance yet where I've felt that way!! I'm not gonna be one of those people on the forums that tells you to go buys things.. just gonna say that i like it and it works amazing for me. I'm gonna try and post some pictures up of mine so people can judge for themselves.

Screen

First Applied the back - edges drying before i roll them.. they wouldnt stick while they were wet

05-17-11 04:06 PM
    The Blackberry online store sells he Tr� Protection screen protectors. Has anyone had any experience with those ones? The actual website of the company is Screen Films, Screen Protectors, and Cases for BlackBerry, iPhone, and iPod | TruProtection.
    05-17-11 07:14 PM
    Here are some pictures of the matte finish on the back. I love the finish, as it looks and feels like there is nothing on the back. The best part is that it raises the device just enough off the ground where the Blackberry symbol is not rubbing against the ground, keeping it from getting scratched and keeping it looking new.
    05-18-11 11:25 AM
    Thanks "336"..fellow New Jersey native for the insight on Ghost Armor. I went to their site to find an installation location and went. The extra $30 was not worth removing the Zagg Shield, the installer agreed and commented on how well the Zagg protection looked. After a week today of having the Zagg Shield, I've noticed the "orange peel" effect has diminished some, as well as the "stickeyness". I'm going to keep it for at least another 30 days (45days money back) and see how it feels. Correct protection is better than no protection at all
    05-18-11 12:21 PM
    05-18-11 12:31 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD