I took a video on my Playbook and can't find a way to extract it. I tried emailing it as an attachment, but an error message came up that it was too large to attach. It was only a 30 second video so it's not huge. I tried to sync it to desktop but when I try to import media, it says no new files...

Any suggestions? Thanks...
    Last edited by JINOFF; 02-16-12 at 08:36 AM.
    02-16-12 08:32 AM
    I also find it painful to get videos off my PB so imma sit back and wait with you for the experts to sound in...
    02-16-12 08:35 AM
    Pretty much all video, even when it's recorded as the relatively low resolution of 480p, is usually still too large to send by e-mail. I actually think the PlayBook is one of the best devices for accessing media because of the fact that you simply access the device like a file share on your network.

I'm running the 2.0 Beta firmware right now so these instructions may not exactly match up, but here's how to access your PlayBook from your desktop PC:

1. Under "Storage & Sharing" in the configuration area, turn "File Sharing" and "Wi-Fi Sharing" to On. I'd leave "Password Protect" to Off and remind yourself to turn off "File Sharing" after this.

2. Now that sharing is on, find out the IP address your PlayBook is using. This is under "About", and change the drop-down to "Network". The IP address you want is listed as IPv4. For this example let's say the IP address is 192.168.1.3.

3. On your Windows PC, open up Windows Explorer (the file manager program) and in the location bar, type \\192.168.1.3 and press Enter. On a Mac, open a Finder window, and under the "Go" menu in the menu bar, select "Connect to Server", enter the Server Address of smb://192.168.1.3 and click Connect. Connect as a Guest and select the media folder.

4. Navigate into the media folder, and then into videos (or was it camera?) One of these two folders will contain the video file, which I believe is encoded as an MP4.

5. Select and copy this file onto your local computer. All done!
    Last edited by yllus; 02-16-12 at 08:46 AM.
    wet_coast and BillW69 like this.
    02-16-12 08:44 AM
    ^Good directions for wifi file sharing. You can also add \media after the IP address and go directly to the media folder.
    The USB cable is another option.
    02-16-12 09:12 AM
    Pretty much all video, even when it's recorded as the relatively low resolution of 480p, is usually still too large to send by e-mail. I actually think the PlayBook is one of the best devices for accessing media because of the fact that you simply access the device like a file share on your network.

I'm running the 2.0 Beta firmware right now so these instructions may not exactly match up, but here's how to access your PlayBook from your desktop PC:

1. Under "Storage & Sharing" in the configuration area, turn "File Sharing" and "Wi-Fi Sharing" to On. I'd leave "Password Protect" to Off and remind yourself to turn off "File Sharing" after this.

2. Now that sharing is on, find out the IP address your PlayBook is using. This is under "About", and change the drop-down to "Network". The IP address you want is listed as IPv4. For this example let's say the IP address is 192.168.1.3.

3. On your Windows PC, open up Windows Explorer (the file manager program) and in the location bar, type \\192.168.1.3 and press Enter. On a Mac, open a Finder window, and under the "Go" menu in the menu bar, select "Connect to Server", enter the Server Address of smb://192.168.1.3 and click Connect. Connect as a Guest and select the media folder.

4. Navigate into the media folder, and then into videos (or was it camera?) One of these two folders will contain the video file, which I believe is encoded as an MP4.

5. Select and copy this file onto your local computer. All done!
    Thank you very much! That worked perfectly! Much appreciated...
    02-16-12 09:19 AM
    If it says there are no new videos it might have auto synced to your Videos\BlackBerry\ folder. You can also access the device directly when plugged in via USB. Under Windows 7 it is mounted under Drive Z:.
    02-16-12 09:28 AM
    I have XP Pro on my laptop. I click on Start, then Explore. Explore opens and shows all my laptop directories and files. I can connect PB by either cable or WiFi. When connected it also shows all my PB directories and files. I then transfer music and videos and photos back and forth by dragging. WiFi is much faster than cable.
    I might add that I had installed "Files and Folders" App although I later removed it. Maybe this App made some changes to my PB that allows me to swap files back and forth the way I do.
    Last edited by Scotter75; 02-16-12 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    02-16-12 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD