IMO, the ridiculous thing about iPad gestures is they start to use more than one finger.

They're up to the 4 finger swipe now...with the next update you'll be able to do the 10 finger power swipe and throw it right off the table its on
    kbz1960, Creaulx and TheScionicMan like this.
    05-04-12 07:18 PM
    Fixed. And yes, the bezel gestures become so second nature and intuitive that you'll find yourself trying to swipe all sorts of devices.
    Thats true stuff there. Last night i swiped our tv trying to get to the menu.
    05-04-12 07:36 PM
    IMO, the ridiculous thing about iPad gestures is they start to use more than one finger.

They're up to the 4 finger swipe now...with the next update you'll be able to do the 10 finger power swipe and throw it right off the table its on
    hahaha! .. on another note.
    I love gesture based mobile OS's. I currently have a palm pixi which has webos, the gestures are very similar to playbook. In fact its why I chose PB as my tablet =) .. because gesture based OS's are sheer awesomeness!
    05-04-12 07:37 PM
    The PB just rocks...gestures too. I was at Walmart the other day playing with a 16GB Galaxy tab for $488 and ask my wife if she thought I bought the right tablet.

She said yes, but honestly, I might like that Samsung tab better if it had gestures because I just couldn't operate it...

I tried everything with gestures...oh wait...gotta do it this way...

Anyway, welcome and it is nice to see someone who owns another brand that doesn't bad mouth everyone here.

I would like to have a really good droid to play with...maybe even an iPad, but it would have to be the new one.

I'm just a gadget type of guy.

Gestures = RIM's top secret security! Hahaha....if you don't know, it is hard to do anything. Once you know...can't do without them.
    05-04-12 08:06 PM
    Welcome to our PB family! We are glad to have you on board!
    05-04-12 08:11 PM
    Welcome aboard! Agreed! Bezel gesture makes sense and have me flying arounf the PlayBook.

The size is perfect for me to take to school. Love everything I use it for!
    05-04-12 08:18 PM
    Bezel gestures are fantastic and so intuitive.

Funny thing happen to me the other day when I tried to get out of one of my daughter's applications on her NETBOOK trying to gesture swipe from the bottom of her screen.. she even asked me what I was doing - embarrased and then we had a good laugh!

05-05-12 12:02 AM
    Ya the PB is a super great tablet and for its current price it is a superior purchase to an iPad. I currently switched to the iPad 3 and miss so many things on the PB, the gestures being one, the REAL! multitasking being another, sure you can have a bunch of apps open on the iPad but they aren't actually still functioning in the background like they do on the playbook. Also no matter what Jobs and his apple buddies say a FLASH browser is needed!!! and the fact that you dont have to convert videos, they just work!

My main reason of switching was because I needed a bigger display (as I use my tablet mostly to study) and I needed skype (I moved to australia for school and the family and GF are still back home...yes yes there are other alternatives, but its hard enough getting everyone on skype, nevermind trying to get them to use something just for me)

Neways, enjoy the PB, you'll defs love it...I miss mine...a little
    05-05-12 01:26 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD