I'm getting bored with these repetitive threads that cover the same ground. I realize everyone has a right to their opinion and the right to express it, but over and over and over again? I can't wait until February when we finally (hopefully) get the OS update so we can at least move on. Sorry - don't want to offend anyone but I had to get it out. Grrrr!!
    12-26-11 10:08 PM
    I'm getting bored with these repetitive threads that cover the same ground. I realize everyone has a right to their opinion and the right to express it, but over and over and over again? I can't wait until February when we finally (hopefully) get the OS update so we can at least move on. Sorry - don't want to offend anyone but I had to get it out. Grrrr!!
    I understand what you're saying but the OP is just expressing what many believe.

I mean, come on...what's wrong with having an easy way to move to the next field. Its the little things that make using one OS preferable to another. Why not make it intuitive and easy to use? It all comes down to the user experience. That's why Windows made DOS obsolete back in the day.

I bet your average everyday user couldn't care less about multitasking.
    12-28-11 05:59 PM
    Os.2 will revolutionise the tablet market
    12-28-11 11:37 PM
    Os.2 will revolutionise the tablet market
    Lol how? By providing many basic features already standard in many phones and tablets? I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm extremely curious to see what people think is so special about OS2.

I also think that because of the PlayBook being in such a lackluster (relatively speaking?) state and missing many things that should have come long ago, people are expecting OS2 to be a knight in shining armor, completely forgetting the possibility that OS2 may still disappoint. OS2 will hopefully fix a lot of problems and add lots of features, but don't get caught in the hype and expect OS2 to be perfect, or to have everything we've been wanting.
    12-28-11 11:48 PM
    Yes, we all tend to get bored with our "toys" a few days after the birthday party. Just the way it is... The test is whether they stay around and rekindle interest now and then. The Playbook is more challenged than the other tablets in this department as it noticeably has fewer new apps to discover and rediscover; but, if it stays in production, that will probably improve. Also, it has some redeeming virtues--such as fitting into a coat pocket, being usable on an exercise machine, not being too noticeable when used for checking mail in certain settings, etc. Don't stress...if bored, just set your Playbook aside and try another toy until you get bored with that one. Its just a toy, not religion; so you don't need to worry about God getting p'd or anything like that
    I agree with this, I got bored with my iPad 2 sold it and got the Playbook, I've not got bored of it yet, but the size suits me better so I carry it around more so use it more, love my toy ;-)
    12-29-11 01:23 AM
    Lol how? By providing many basic features already standard in many phones and tablets? I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm extremely curious to see what people think is so special about OS2.

I also think that because of the PlayBook being in such a lackluster (relatively speaking?) state and missing many things that should have come long ago, people are expecting OS2 to be a knight in shining armor, completely forgetting the possibility that OS2 may still disappoint. OS2 will hopefully fix a lot of problems and add lots of features, but don't get caught in the hype and expect OS2 to be perfect, or to have everything we've been wanting.

LOL... I knew someone would miss the sarcasm... Luckily for you I read your response...I think that people are expecting too much from os2 than rim is prepared to give ... And that will again bring them down early next year
    12-29-11 10:40 AM
    I'm getting into the RSS feed apps..I like "GeeReader" and "Feed Wheel" its a great way to customize the web experience for your playbook. The GeeReader app is great for RSS feeds that are more text based and the "Feed Wheel" while having an interesting interface (ie. not the best) is useful for RSS feeds that are more picture based. I think its a great way to "pass time" on your PB that you were looking for because if you get a good mix of RSS feeds they update by the minute, so you'll always be "itching" to see what's new on your PB. Just my thoughts...
    12-29-11 01:26 PM
    Heads up guys, you can now play NES on the playbook, credit to froggyface for porting FCEUX. the sale seems to be slowly getting ground with some developers, so hopefully OS2 will bring more content, and cascades for the devs!
    12-29-11 05:33 PM
    Heads up guys, you can now play NES on the playbook, credit to froggyface for porting FCEUX. the sale seems to be slowly getting ground with some developers, so hopefully OS2 will bring more content, and cascades for the devs!
    That's all well and good, but where are the business features? The "professional grade" tablet seems to only be able to play games. Weird.
    12-29-11 09:22 PM
    That's all well and good, but where are the business features? The "professional grade" tablet seems to only be able to play games. Weird.
    If you had framed this comment with " For ME this tablet seems to only be able to play games" I could have respected your view, because it only applied to you. But you didn't.

You obviously are very selective in your choice of posts to read. Just in the last 2 weeks alone, there have been a number of posts recounting the use of the PB in business as well as enterprise. I being one. My company started with one, now five and two more on the way. There also was recently a thread dedicated for members that implement the PB in the field to repond to. YOU may not see it useable as a business tablet, but apparently many of us IN business, industry and field work disagree, because we do use it, and value it. Yeah, weird.

Believe me, a smart business or company is not going to shell out capital on a device that won't work for them, let alone increase the number in use. Our first one has already paid for itself. In another week, two more will have. That is smart business. Just the fact that businesses are using the PB proves you wrong. You're welcome to your opinion, but obviously incorrect.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-30-11 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spl
    spike12 likes this.
    12-30-11 01:31 AM
    Amen rotorwrench.

Please tell us what profession you are in that qualifies you to speak for those who use this device almost exclusively for professional use, and find that it meets and exceeds their requirements and expectations, better than any other solution.

I certainly didn't ask you to speak for me or my profession.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-30-11 at 03:07 AM.
    rotorwrench and hpjrt like this.
    12-30-11 02:55 AM

I bet your average everyday user couldn't care less about multitasking.
    I bet you're right. That's what makes playbook owners so much unlike average everyday users. We are discriminating, appreciate and recognize quality and the finer things in life.

Correct ladies and gentlemen?
    rotorwrench and hpjrt like this.
    12-30-11 03:18 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD