apps and games are the key to any tablet and the playbook lacks both
    Shouldn't that read "apps and games are the key to any tablet for me"? Neither are the "be all and end all from my perspective. Just sayin'
    Serkle K and bquinney like this.
    12-25-11 10:10 AM
    They could lose the "language" button on the keyboard and put it under an options menu and put a real tab button there you would only use that like 100 times more....WTF
    FF22 and Mr.Monty like this.
    12-25-11 10:26 AM
    its for most people hpjrt
    12-25-11 10:51 AM
    It's never wise, tommynap01, to assume that you and your friends comprise "most".
    Serkle K and BBB10 like this.
    12-25-11 01:35 PM
    It's never wise, tommynap01, to assume that you and your friends comprise "most".
    I will stick my neck out and say that most people would agree with you even though, with good reason I suppose, I have few friends.
    12-25-11 01:43 PM
    Maybe its just me but im bored with my playbook.. With not that many apps on blackberry world and very few games that i already beat probably twice already i dont know what to do. I was really excited when gameloft released a whole bunch of games and i thought the best was yet to come but i havent seen any good games as of late except for angry birds (another game i beat about a year ago). When browsing the internet i can get soo frustrated with the lack of responsiveness. One thing i wish the playbook had was a "next" button on the keyboard.. For instance if i wanna pay a bill online and i have to type my information in each box, why cant i press the "next " button rather then pressing each individual line by hand on the browser? I believe bridging is a great tool but its just not realistic. i have a bold 9930 and sometimes i can be waiting a while to connect to an internet site.. Now im not expecting lightning speeds but since i am running the most recent os i would expect it to be fairly good. I really do pray come february that the release of 2.0 is all we expect it to be. I believe when 2.0 comes out and if its a big disappointment it could be the very end for rim. Ive had blackberry phones for a very long time but its hard trying to defend them to others when their are samsung, android and apple phones to choose from. Im not a hater at all about blackberry products i just dont understand why this company moves at a snails pace while others are blowing right by them.
    I know a few people that get bored of their tablets (android, ipad, and playbook). The reason they get bored of it is because they never really "needed" a tablet in the first place. So instead of having their live revolve around the tablet, they use it when convenient - surfing while watching tv, playing the ocassional game while waiting at the doctors office, getting the kids to be quiet for a few minutes with interactive books.

If you're a techhead, the playbook can certainly satisfy most cravings for productivity and entertainment. For the casual everyday tech-user, the playbook can sometimes "fill in the gap" to make your life a little easier.
    Lhendr, howarmat, Serkle K and 2 others like this.
    12-25-11 01:46 PM
    Yeh finding mine boring aswell
    12-25-11 01:50 PM
    I am assuming OP you are making the most of having Flash? Many other devices 'had' to create apps for games that we can play directly on Playbook I prefer Crush the Castle, for instance Crush the Castle 2 | Action Games | Play Free Games Online at Armor Games
    12-26-11 02:49 AM
    Shouldn't that read "apps and games are the key to any tablet for me"? Neither are the "be all and end all from my perspective. Just sayin'
    This sounds like the same arrogance shown by RIM when they said that there was no market for touch-screens and apps on cell phones.

Mike, is that you???
    Last edited by dynot; 12-26-11 at 07:55 AM.
    azrin640 likes this.
    12-26-11 07:51 AM
    The best thing about the playbook is that it supports Flash. For games there are many websites that you can go to to play games on if you have wifi or bridge. Games - Free Online Games at Addicting Games! is one place. As for text input, you should consider using a bluetooth keyboard. I agree with one of the other posters that apps do primarily what the other tablet's web browser won't. My parents booth just got an ipad and I can say without a doubt that Playbook is zippier than Ipad and the form factor is much more portable.
    12-26-11 08:00 AM
    torrentz work on PB! or you mean from desktop/laptop to PB
    the latter. I have a large collection of movies, TV series/shows, and ecomics I keep on my PC and external HD. Once I've watched all the ones on my PB I replace them with a newer batch from my main collection.
    12-26-11 08:08 AM
    This sounds like the same arrogance shown by RIM when they said that there was no market for touch-screens and apps on cell phones.

Mike, is that you???
    They really said that? If so, nothing surprises me then.
    azrin640 likes this.
    12-26-11 08:23 AM
    Angry Birds, my newest addiction
    12-26-11 08:28 AM
    "Apps" are just flash games or gizmos, many of which are available via the internet on the BB Playbook, because it allows flash technology which the Ipad doesn't. Apple apps run on html5. People lament a lack of "apps" in the PB world, but I would like to see a list of "apps" that matter to people that they can get via Android or Apple, that they cannot get on the BBPB via the internet or the PB market.
    Last edited by yestoeverything; 12-26-11 at 09:19 AM.
    12-26-11 09:13 AM
    "Apps" are just flash games or gizmos, many of which are available via the internet on the BB Playbook, because it allows flash technology which the Ipad doesn't. Apple apps run on html5. People lament a lack of "apps" in the PB world, but I would like to see a list of "apps" that matter to people that they can get via Android or Apple, that they cannot get on the BBPB via the internet or the PB market.
    Well skype and netflix will be at the top of that list and maybe slingbox. Those all will take the companies not RIM to get on it.
    ody360 and doxa sub750T like this.
    12-26-11 09:47 AM
    I know a few people that get bored of their tablets (android, ipad, and playbook). The reason they get bored of it is because they never really "needed" a tablet in the first place. So instead of having their live revolve around the tablet, they use it when convenient - surfing while watching tv, playing the ocassional game while waiting at the doctors office, getting the kids to be quiet for a few minutes with interactive books.
    Exactly what I use my PB for. A lot of people try to get a tablet to replace their laptops/PCs but for me personally, I have balance the use of all my devices/PCs. And often, I prefer to sit at my desk in front of my 24" monitor and use a full size keyboard and mouse. If a tablet was my sole device, no matter what is was, I may get bored with it too.
    12-26-11 09:52 AM
    I think the ones that are bored with any tablet are probably bored with all of their computers and get bored easily with anything.

Just my opinion that means nothing.
    BBB10 and bquinney like this.
    12-26-11 10:00 AM
    Getting bored with my PlayBook would mean getting bored of books, music, videos and the internet, i don't see that happening any time soon.
    BBB10, Serkle K and CanadianThomas like this.
    12-26-11 10:14 AM
    Angry Birds, my newest addiction
    Better late than never...I guess.
    gritzo likes this.
    12-26-11 10:51 AM
    Well, you can always play web games too
    12-26-11 11:29 AM
    So you can either press a tab or "next" key to move to the next box on a form OR just simply press the next box. What's the diff? it's still one keystroke (screen press?). isn't that the advantage of touch screens? Why have a buttom to tell the cursor what to do? just press the screen where you want it to be!
    12-26-11 11:52 AM
    Well skype and netflix will be at the top of that list and maybe slingbox. Those all will take the companies not RIM to get on it.
    I am also getting bored with the pb, and frustrated because netflix and skype should of been part of the preloaded apps... I mean, my son watches netflix from his nintendo 3ds, such a dinky screen and all, and he teases me, "daddy, look what im watching, hee hee"

Also, some major magazine apps would be nice (max pc, people, sports illus). I mean, if they wanted to compete with the Ipad, then they should compete with the Istore!
    12-26-11 12:29 PM
    Yes, we all tend to get bored with our "toys" a few days after the birthday party. Just the way it is... The test is whether they stay around and rekindle interest now and then. The Playbook is more challenged than the other tablets in this department as it noticeably has fewer new apps to discover and rediscover; but, if it stays in production, that will probably improve. Also, it has some redeeming virtues--such as fitting into a coat pocket, being usable on an exercise machine, not being too noticeable when used for checking mail in certain settings, etc. Don't stress...if bored, just set your Playbook aside and try another toy until you get bored with that one. Its just a toy, not religion; so you don't need to worry about God getting p'd or anything like that
    12-26-11 12:38 PM
    I have my PB since two weeks now and I found that I pretty much abandoned my PC, gave my Laptop to my step-son, as he is going to College soon. I enjoy sitting back in my chair or on the couch browsing the web, reading Crackberry forums, exploring youtube stuff and so on without getting a sore behind or stiff back, because I can do stuff on the PB in about any body position. Heck, I can even take it with me to the bathroom.
    I took it to a Christmas family get-together, and carried it in my jacket pocket. The versatility comes from it's size and that is one of the reasons why I got a PB and not an iPad. Full browsing - multitasking - 7" screen size. If I wanted a portable tablet, the size of a PB is the way to go. If getting that huge iPad, I might as well keep my laptop and have a real computer without those shortcomings. Heck for that money a 64GB tablet costs, you can buy a helluva laptop that can blow any tablet to the moon. What's the point. And that is why my $199 PB is as perfect as it gets.
    kbz1960 and AggreX like this.
    12-26-11 07:12 PM
    Then perhaps you'd best go with the platform you obviously prefer. If a "next" button is so pivotal to your tablet experience then quite obviously Playbook isn't for you. Of course, you might also consider why you have so much time on your hands that you find yourself bored.
    Ralfyguy, the Playbook is the best RIM tablet ever.

The Playbook is professional grade.

Amateur hour is over.
    Last edited by Palmless; 12-26-11 at 09:02 PM.
    12-26-11 08:57 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD