that was pretty much my point . you gotta communicate to avoid all these rumors and worries of the customers or no matter what some people will be nervous and shy away from a $200 investment say nothing about a $500 investment. it can't be helping their sales!
    01-04-12 12:37 PM
    But silence? It is stupid, but it seems to be the way RIM operates. They say they postphone new phones and leave it at the market to speculate what is the real reason. Then you get the most dreadful stories.
    Totally agree, but to be fair, they did give the reason, clearly, and several times at that.

The problems are several:

They have little credibility, so nobody really believes what they say even if it's the simple truth.

Corporations in general are seen as a pack of liars these days (and, mostly, they are), so the classic press release with fake quotes from the CEOs and generally vague, patronizing statements about how well things are going and how much better they'll be in the future are completely disrespected by most of us (for good reason).

They don't understand that communication is an ongoing process, and you have to manage the perception, not just make a single statement and move on. They seem to have a PR department, but I'd either fire the whole lot of them, or find out who it is that keeps holding them back from doing their job properly, assuming they're actually competent but keep getting overridden from above.

And as you said earlier, they probably are still trying to sort out their strategy, resolve internal disagreements about it and how (or whether) to publicize it all, and try desperately to stabilize the OS development while fighting battles on a dozen fronts.

Not surprising they're having a hard time with communications, but surprising they show so no understanding that they even are having problems. The first step is to admit you have a problem, and RIM management (or is it just the CEOs?) is obviously still having lots of trouble with that step...
    andy957 likes this.
    01-04-12 12:56 PM
    lots for sale here in Canada our local future shop had over a thousand yup a thousand brought in . still had loscked racks full of the things just a few days ago.

Accessories are kiling me , can t get them for less than list anywhere. We have 3 in our house and would love the rapid charger dock to set up and just cycle the units through , but i just dont wanna pay over 60 bucks just for a plastic charger...
    01-04-12 07:46 PM
    Ordered mine from Blackberry Saturday night and just received my shipping conformation email. The sight says they have them all in stock and all for $299.
    01-04-12 07:52 PM
    The 16 gig $199 PB I ordered from Sprint is set to arrive tommorrow.
    01-04-12 07:59 PM
    I have tracking for mine from RIM on a 64gb. Should arrive next week. The deal is great.
    01-04-12 08:30 PM
    I bought another two. One for my wife and daughter and they are both over the moon with it. The more I play with it, the more I like the finesse. Just discovered I can click on the time in the system bar to set an alarm. close the app, even put it on standby and it will still wake me in the morning. I simply love it.

Also you can put on standby, put it in its sleeve and still have a fully functional MP3 player (headjack, and buttons for volume+ skipping, pause/play). And that sound ... My wife was simply blown away when she heard her favorite song. Using a good headset it has so much definition and depth, it is far better than my MP3 player or PC with HD-sound.

I still believe this thing can come back if it gets through to the mind of people how good it actually is. I have become somewhat of a promoter for it on the Internet. This is a real good honest product and i want it to succeed. There is always a market for quality, and what they have is superb, expand on it and it will be the best in the business.

We must not forget it took Apple some time to get itself registered as making great products and people buying them blindly. BB has to set itself apart from the market instead of competing directly with the iPad. Some people want a candy store, others want a solid great tool that you actually use. They made it, now market it properly. Believe in it. Don't go the Nokia way writing of good products (Maemo )and then get from bad to worse. Stick to it and believe in it. We the users do. That is good base.
    Last edited by Magalaan; 01-09-12 at 11:38 PM.
    01-09-12 11:26 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD