We all know that the PlayBook automatically enlarges an image when you want to set as your wallpaper. The fix is to have the image be 1024x1024 pixels. However how many pictures do you really have in the shape of a square?

So to get everything that you want showing (both in portrait and in landscape) you need to have your desired content fit in a 600x600 box. That way the picture of your child for example will always be showing no matter in what direction you hold it.

Here are some examples that you guys are welcomed to try out.

Americana

As you can see I wanted the flag to be in the center.

So what do you do if you want one? Simply post here! (I know there is a wallpaper forum but I know that PlayBook owners visit this more often).
    So just fill out this form in a new post. Again, these are free, just another way to give back to CrackBerry

Your Username:
    Theme (for the wallpaper):
    Any Custom Text:
    Pictures(do you have your own?):
    600x600 Box (what do you want to fit here?):
    Extra Instructions:

These wallpapers all take time and being a college student isn't cheap so please donate whatever amount you can, thank you
    Everyone, please consider donating whatever amount you see fit, being a college student isn't cheap!

Last edited by blackberry-pimp; 04-26-11 at 08:15 PM.
    Oilfan_2009 and FTWrath like this.
    04-25-11 01:25 PM
    Your Username: Oilfan_2009
    Theme (for the wallpaper): Edmonton Oilers (NHL)
    Any Custom Text:
    Pictures(do you have your own?): No.. but like a logo and the team name is really what would be awesome!
    Extra Instructions: Just something simple, maybe a little darker tone (navy blue type colors)

Thanks soo much! I tried, and nothing fit for a background! You rock for doing this!
    pdiddy007 likes this.
    04-25-11 01:35 PM
    Anything that will look good on my HP Slate 500 tablet. 8.9" screen, thanks.
    04-25-11 01:47 PM
    Oilfan_2009
    Here it is, let me know if you're ok with it once it's on your PlayBook.
    dkingsf, I'm only making stuff for BlackBerry.

Oilfan_2009 and meganVee like this.
    04-25-11 02:24 PM
    This is so nice of you to do for everyone.
    04-25-11 02:28 PM
    Can you do one exactly the same way but for the lightning, please?
    04-25-11 02:36 PM
    Can you do one exactly the same way but for the lightning, please?
    Can you be a little more specific please, what do you mean by the lightning?
    04-25-11 02:42 PM
    sorry, tampa bay lightning, its also a hockey team.
    04-25-11 02:57 PM
    I love what you did for Oilfan. It looks sweet. If it's not too much trouble, I would love one for the Toronto Blue Jays.

I attached a couple of pics just as ideas. You obviously have an eye for this so feel free to use whatever you feel looks good. I'd also like a darker and blue tone.

Thanks. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    04-25-11 03:22 PM
    FTWrath:

You said exactly the same as the previous one so all I did was change the logo, let me know if that's ok.

Kyle27 likes this.
    04-25-11 03:26 PM
    Man, you are my hero! it looks sooo slick! It cuts off the grey borders in Landscape but looks awesome! Thanks again for this!
    04-25-11 04:19 PM
    Man, you are my hero! it looks sooo slick! It cuts off the grey borders in Landscape but looks awesome! Thanks again for this!
    I'm glad you liked it! It was made like that on purpose though
    04-25-11 04:39 PM
    BRO that's awesome! Great job, shot you a p/m earlier. Thanks man

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 04:45 PM
    WOW...I was expecting something totally half-a$$ed. You're actually really good.

Can I get something for the LA Lakers basketball team? That would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Your Username: sim_plic_i_ty
    Theme (for the wallpaper): LA Lakers basketball team
    Any Custom Text: "Where [insert kobe bryant picture here] happens"
    Pictures(do you have your own?): Kobe: Any kobe pic
    600x600 Box (what do you want to fit here?): The above text and image
    Extra Instructions: It would be nice to have the Lakers logo - maybe near his feet, even covering his legs maybe. Doesn't have to be there. You have an eye for this stuff - your call
    Last edited by sim_plic_i_ty; 04-25-11 at 05:41 PM.
    04-25-11 05:20 PM
    Those look amazing! Thanks so much for doing this!

I have been searching everywhere, but can't seem to find any PlayBook wallpapers with the actual BlackBerry logo. Do you think you could throw one together for me? It would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer a black background with the BlackBerry logo, and maybe "BlackBerry PlayBook" written underneath in the same fancy-looking font that comes up when the PlayBook is booting up.

Also, if it's not a big deal, I'd love to have one of the hockey wallpapers you made earlier, but with the Vancouver Canucks logo instead! Those look amazing!

Thanks again for everything!
    ACFP3 likes this.
    04-25-11 05:41 PM
    Your Username: aalzzys
    Theme (for the wallpaper): pure fight gear bag
    Any Custom Text:
    Pictures(do you have your own?):yes
    Extra Instructions:Thanks for the help. I have attached the photo.

I really appreciate all of you help and thanks for giving back. You are the best thing so far about having my PB, even though I am loving it. Thanks again!
    04-25-11 05:59 PM
    FTWrath:

You said exactly the same as the previous one so all I did was change the logo, let me know if that's ok.

Please Can i have same with the Ottawa senators logo hockey as well,

You�re goood pal !!
    04-25-11 06:14 PM
    Can you do the same hockey one with the Detroit Red Wings logo? Thanks!
    04-25-11 06:39 PM
    I love what you did for Oilfan. It looks sweet. If it's not too much trouble, I would love one for the Toronto Blue Jays.

I attached a couple of pics just as ideas. You obviously have an eye for this so feel free to use whatever you feel looks good. I'd also like a darker and blue tone.

Thanks. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    Here it is! I think this one would look best as a Portrait wallpaper.

Remember all of these might look a little off as square images but they turn out better as wallpapers on the PlayBook.
    04-25-11 07:33 PM
    I think your username says it all. BLACKBERRY PIMP!!!

Thanks for the sweet wallpaper. It looks amazing. If you're not in some type of graphic design field, you should be.

Cheers.
    04-25-11 08:16 PM
    Your Username: jlewallen18
    Theme (for the wallpaper):Inter Milan (Italian soccer club)
    Any Custom Text: Inter Milan FC (football club, if you were wondering)
    Pictures(do you have your own?):I guess the team logo..and a picture of wesely sneijder (in game action photo preferred)
    600x600 Box (what do you want to fit here?):same as above?
    Extra Instructions: That'll be all! judging from above photos im excited to see what you come up with!!

Thanks in advance
    04-25-11 08:57 PM
    WOW...I was expecting something totally half-a$$ed. You're actually really good.

Can I get something for the LA Lakers basketball team? That would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Your Username: sim_plic_i_ty
    Theme (for the wallpaper): LA Lakers basketball team
    Any Custom Text: "Where [insert kobe bryant picture here] happens"
    Pictures(do you have your own?): Kobe: Any kobe pic
    600x600 Box (what do you want to fit here?): The above text and image
    Extra Instructions: It would be nice to have the Lakers logo - maybe near his feet, even covering his legs maybe. Doesn't have to be there. You have an eye for this stuff - your call
    Here ya go!

sim_plic_i_ty likes this.
    04-26-11 12:11 AM
    AMAZING dude. Thanks a lot - this is awesome
    04-26-11 09:09 AM
    I'd greatly appreciate one when you have the time.

Your Username: mle724
    Theme (for the wallpaper): Auburn Tigers 2010 Football National Champions
    Any Custom Text: War Eagle across bottom of the Eagle image.
    Pictures(do you have your own?): Yes
    600x600 Box (what do you want to fit here?): Auburn Eagle image
    Extra Instructions:
    I very much like the collage style of the first wallpaper you posted.

I can email you a .zip file with the images I have. Tried to attach it here, but it wouldn't work.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by MLE724; 04-26-11 at 12:52 PM.
    04-26-11 12:36 PM
    Your Username: McStoner
    Theme (for the wallpaper): Rasta (Green-Yellow-Red, In that order please, and preferably not just plain stripes. Something that works with the Marijuana leaf would be awesome)
    Any Custom Text: McStoner 420 (Anywhere not behind the top banner or dock when it is minimized please)
    Pictures(do you have your own?):
    http://buelahman.files.wordpress.com...na_leaf330.jpg
    600x600 Box (what do you want to fit here?): The picture I provided, I know it's not 600x600 but I hope you can make it work. If not, let me know and I will provide a different picture.
    Extra Instructions: Added them in brackets throughout post.

Thank you for taking your time to do something like this! I greatly appreciate it.

Another alternative to doing this, is finding an iPad wallpaper that you like. (Sadly, there are no pictures like the one I want) They actually work out quite well as PlayBook wallpapers.
    Last edited by McStoner; 04-26-11 at 01:01 PM.
    04-26-11 12:50 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD