OK, I was mostly wrong. This was bothering me so I got our two PBs and started trying the auto standbys with different settings. Here's exactly what is going on. When my PB goes into auto standby, after the screen goes completely black, if I tap it within 5 seconds, it wakes back up. If I let it go longer, it takes a full swipe. In manual, it has always been a full swipe. I've never noticed this because I've never allowed my PB to go into auto standby without immediately waking it back up. Whenever I'm not actively using it, I put it into standby manually. Same for the work PBs I'm sure, as I use them the same way, but I'll check tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion, my bad.
    02-27-12 01:13 AM
    you might want to test out this:

if it takes 5 seconds before it goes to full swipe maybe that is a percentage of the 'standby time' If your standby time is 30 seconds and it takes 5 seconds before full swipe maybe if you put your standby to 5 minutes it will take a minute before you need full swipe...
    This is just a though I had, I have no idea if it will work.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-27-12 01:23 AM
    OK, I was mostly wrong. This was bothering me so I got our two PBs and started trying the auto standbys with different settings. Here's exactly what is going on. When my PB goes into auto standby, after the screen goes completely black, if I tap it within 5 seconds, it wakes back up. If I let it go longer, it takes a full swipe. In manual, it has always been a full swipe. I've never noticed this because I've never allowed my PB to go into auto standby without immediately waking it back up. Whenever I'm not actively using it, I put it into standby manually. Same for the work PBs I'm sure, as I use them the same way, but I'll check tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion, my bad.
    Same here. Tapping within 5 secs of the screen going completely black wakes up the Playbook. Otherwise, it takes a full swipe.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-27-12 01:23 AM
    you might want to test out this:

if it takes 5 seconds before it goes to full swipe maybe that is a percentage of the 'standby time' If your standby time is 30 seconds and it takes 5 seconds before full swipe maybe if you put your standby to 5 minutes it will take a minute before you need full swipe...
    This is just a though I had, I have no idea if it will work.
    Good thought, I'll check it out.
    hpjrt likes this.
    02-27-12 01:39 AM
    Same here. Tapping within 5 secs of the screen going completely black wakes up the Playbook. Otherwise, it takes a full swipe.
    Thanks, makes sense now. Still doesn't help the OP though, I just confused her
    02-27-12 01:42 AM
    This has drove me nuts. I'll pack up my stuff to leave work, and I choose the standby option from the power menu and then proceed to put the neoprene cover (that comes with the PB), and it always wakes up. It must be because it is within that 5 second window. That's good to know so I can wait instead of having to try to hit the hard-to-press power button afterward.
    02-27-12 01:53 AM
    I've seen the OP's behavior once or twice, however, now I can't reproduce it. Could be some unusual combination of factors - what's running at the time, how the screen is laid-out (full-screen app vs. minimized), etc. Now it seems to want a full swipe every time, so...bizarre.

RCK
    02-27-12 03:05 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD