Hey guys im new to the world of blackberries my first BB is actually my bold 9900 which i just love, so im thinking of getting a tablet and im stuck between an android tablet or the pb.

my usage will mostly be browsing and hopefully some games to pass the time, so im just wondering for any opinions if a pb would be the way to go to match with my 9900 or should i consider other options?

thanks for the help! any comments and thought would be highly appreciated
    01-21-12 09:35 AM
    Hey guys im new to the world of blackberries my first BB is actually my bold 9900 which i just love, so im thinking of getting a tablet and im stuck between an android tablet or the pb.

my usage will mostly be browsing and hopefully some games to pass the time, so im just wondering for any opinions if a pb would be the way to go to match with my 9900 or should i consider other options?

thanks for the help! any comments and thought would be highly appreciated
    You dont have to be a long time BB user or expert to fall in love with the PB. I have used corporate issued BBs since years but the usage was limited to phone calls and email. I have never even used BBM or ever downloaded any apps... the first one I got was the bridge app after I bought my PB (my first PB that is).

Anyway, for the usage that you have mentioned, you cannot go wrong with the PB... you will just fall in love with it. In my opinion, its the best form factor and the UEx is unmatched..... Dont wait, get one!!!
    jpencarnacion likes this.
    01-21-12 09:50 AM
    Especially since they are such a good price for the next little bit. The playbook's ui is seriously the best in the marketplace right now IMO. Browsing is great and come next month you will be able to run a whole lot of Android apps.
    01-21-12 09:57 AM
    just wondering for any opinions if a pb would be the way to go to match with my 9900 or should i consider other options?
    Consider all the options, but note two things:

1. The PlayBook is easily the best tablet to use with a BlackBerry phone, and will be even more so with the 2.0 release that is promised for (mid-to-late) February. You can find lots of videos demonstrating the new capabilities including remote control from your phone, using its keyboard and trackpad to control the PlayBook, etc.

2. It seems most people who actually pick up a PlayBook and try it out for even a short time come away impressed with its elegant and easy-to-use UI, high build quality (very solid feel, compared to some cheap plastic competitors), and power. Find a store with a real display (not the crappy kind where it's hanging on a broken stand, battery drained with sales people implying you're insane to consider it), then give it a quick play. Try the same with the others, then decide. (If you're not *certain* at that point, I'll be surprised, but you should probably hold off until you've learned more in that case.)
    01-21-12 10:14 AM
    I agree with trying them in the store. If you have like it I would buy it before the sale ends. Then you could really test it out. If you don't like it you can return it or sell it to someone that missed out on the sale price.

James
    01-21-12 10:32 AM
    I got my PB for Xmas and I love it. My only complaint is that App world is a little anemic compared to Android and Apple.
    01-21-12 12:18 PM
    As per Peters comments (which make sense), since you are a BB user the choice is obvious. The only reason, I think, you might consider the other tablets might be for their size. IMO you just cant overlook the portability of the Playbook. It conveniently and comfortably goes where you go.
    jafobabe and jpencarnacion like this.
    01-21-12 12:18 PM
    If you do get to try one out, remember the swiping:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pla...and-navigation
    Not mentioned here is the bezel to bezel swipe to turn it on, which I find the most convenient coming from a Xoom.
    01-21-12 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys! I'll just head to the place where I bought my 9900 cuz they have a test model there and play around with it, thanks again!
    peter9477 and jafobabe like this.
    01-21-12 02:51 PM
    I ended up purchasing one this past Friday. The current 300 dollar deal for the 64 Gb model is a great price when looking at the rest of the market. I did some research for about 2 weeks using online reviews and there are some nice YouTube videos out there too. I perused a couple of PB's in store as well. I really preferred the 7" size to the 10" when it comes to portability and the specs are great compared to any other model. Oddly enough I've never come across a tech device that got ripped so much in 'expert' reviews but was received so well by customers on general retail store websites. As others have mentioned, do your own research for piece of mind and then make your decision. 'hope everything works out for you.
    01-21-12 04:31 PM
    Makes me smile to know I'm not the only one that just loves the UI!
    jafobabe and jpencarnacion like this.
    01-21-12 04:35 PM
    Welcome All New Users to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Enjoy!
    jpencarnacion and peter9477 like this.
    01-21-12 04:35 PM
    i say go for the pb, it just goes well with the bb
    01-21-12 06:00 PM
    You'll be happy with the playbook. Your phones natural pair is the playbook
    01-21-12 06:06 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys! I'll just head to the place where I bought my 9900 cuz they have a test model there and play around with it, thanks again!
    Do make sure that the demo model has the latest official version OS 1.0.8.6067. Ask to bridge your BB as well. Remember you will need Bridge loaded on your phone from AppWorld if you haven't yet.
    01-21-12 09:18 PM
    You are going to have even much more fun when we get Tablet OS 2.0 =)
    01-21-12 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD