As the title says, is there any way to set up the playbook so that images in the body of emails are downloaded automatically; so i don't have to press the "get images" button all the time?
    08-01-12 10:28 AM
    Don't think so. It's a security feature, since images can have malicious code embedded in them, you should only open images from trusted sources.
    08-01-12 10:45 AM
    As the title says, is there any way to set up the playbook so that images in the body of emails are downloaded automatically; so i don't have to press the "get images" button all the time?

Don't think so. It's a security feature, since images can have malicious code embedded in them, you should only open images from trusted sources.
    What?

bdegrande and jamesharmeling like this.
    08-01-12 10:56 AM
    You must be referring to a bridge session with your BBerry. Correct?

If so, this is a BB issue and PlayBook Shows what is on BBerry during bridge vs having that data itself.

Download Show Me the Images on your BBerry and you'll be in good shape.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-01-12 11:16 AM
    Another reason for not downloading images automatically is the time it takes to do this on a slow connection. There would also be an additional cost if you are paying by the GB. Some messages want to give you a lot of pictures.
    08-01-12 11:58 AM
    If you mean it on the BlackBerry Phone, I recommend Show Me the Images by Kisai Labs.
    08-01-12 04:22 PM
    How did you get this options screen?

Thanks for the response guys, looks like i'll just have to click "get images" all the time. I did have show me the images on my blackberry, but i now use an iphone as my handset.
    08-02-12 04:07 PM
    How did you get this options screen?
    Same way as most every PlayBook application - swipe down from top.
    08-02-12 04:58 PM
    Same way as most every PlayBook application - swipe down from top.
    Messages > top-middle swipe > Settings, to be more specific.
    08-02-12 10:06 PM
    Messages > top-middle swipe > Settings, to be more specific.
    Thanks guys... For whatever reason i never thought to try that in the messages app!!!
    08-03-12 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD