1. Double_J75's Avatar
    I was one of the lucky people who lined up and got a playbook on launch day. At the time I chose a 16gb version for two reasons. Cheapest price for something I did not intent to use, and because I figured 16gb was more than enough room.

    Well fast forward to last week when I found out you can side load a bunch of wonderful apps without using OS2.0 (I must have been under a rock to just found out). Well now that I have all these amazing games I blew my 16gb out of the water. Infact I had to delete many just to squeeze on some new ones!

    So here is my question. If you were in my shoes, and already owned a pb would you....

    A) get a larger hard drive model so you can get even more goodness on the pb?

    B) wait and hope they release another version soon? I don't want 4G so if that's the next upgrade I'm not interested.

    Please no negative comments. I love my pb so you Crapple lovers go else where.
    01-09-12 05:45 PM
  2. AggreX's Avatar
    Sounds like your maxing out on the 16GB and definitely could use another PB with more memory. The 64GB is currently at a new attractive price and with OS2 around the corner it could be a deal maker. Maybe someone in your family could reap the benefit of your "old" PB while you enjoy the 64GB model or keep both. I dramatically lowered my average PB cost when I added another PB during the big sale. PB envy solved at home for now.
    01-09-12 06:01 PM
  3. alnamvet68's Avatar
    $299.00 for a 64 GB at SBB or Office Depot....what is there to think about?
    Hgouck and AsBloodRunsBlack like this.
    01-09-12 06:02 PM
  4. d_pang's Avatar
    I would definitely go out and buy another 64 GB playbook if I were you, especially since it only cost $299 for the 64gb
    01-09-12 06:07 PM
  5. Hgouck's Avatar
    I would buy one now if you are considering it. The price is low and it is about to have a renewed interest that may translate into increased cost.
    01-09-12 06:08 PM
  6. gschep's Avatar
    Kinda in the same boat.... Broke down and hooked myself up with a 64gb on the weekend - open box priced at 269.99 @ BB here in Canada. My wife had a school meeting to go to tonight and she really wanted to take it with to be able to use it for some spreadsheets she needed....
    When I was in on Saturday they had a couple of 16gb open boxes priced @ 180ish if I remember right - based on the old selling price of 199.99.
    Shoulda, woulda, coulda...... Need to go there tomorrow and get me the Otterbox case, we'll see what happens!
    01-09-12 07:07 PM
  7. fj_cruiser's Avatar
    I seriously doubt if the $299-for-any-size pricing will be extended beyond the current Feb 4th deadline. Others who know better or believe otherwise can correct me if am wrong... but I think this is the time to pull the trigger on the 64G if you really like the PB; its only getting better in a few weeks No-brainer I'd say....
    01-09-12 07:23 PM
  8. alnamvet68's Avatar
    I'll bet anyone here dimes to dollars the PB will revert back to original, or near original MSRP after CES and official OS 2.0.
    01-09-12 07:25 PM
  9. albee 1's Avatar
    Yeah, now that enough of them are in the right hands the truth will surface how really awesome the device is! Loving mine and I'm sure the price will go back up too. There isn't much it won't do. Had to pry it out of my gf's hands the other night and she owns an iphone. Hahaha

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-12 07:42 PM
  10. ftatul's Avatar
    For $299 on a 64G model... Go for it. I had the same problem and gave my wife the 16G and I have my new 64G.
    gschep and AsBloodRunsBlack like this.
    01-09-12 07:57 PM
  11. zorecati's Avatar
    just picked up me 64gig at walmart. now i have 3 pb's.
    01-09-12 08:14 PM
  12. Steve Rizla's Avatar
    I bought a 64GB on launch day. This past weekend I bought another 64GB for my girlfriend along with an "open box" 16GB which I will use for rooting, developing and literally, cracking open, because that's what I do.

    My point is, you can buy another one and rest easy knowing that there are people out there that are crazier than you, lol.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    01-09-12 08:14 PM
  13. fj_cruiser's Avatar
    I'll bet anyone here dimes to dollars the PB will revert back to original, or near original MSRP after CES and official OS 2.0.
    I agree! I bought my first PB 16G about a month ago for $189 (on SBB) and then picked a 64G locally for $225 yesterday. However, I already had two PB orders open with SBB and 4 hours ago refused to take delivery on the $249 32G (purchased Sat Dec 31) and am expecting deliver on the 64G @ $299 later this week. And am currently debating whether to keep the 64G or return by refusing delivery.

    I certainly dont have use/need for 3 PBs but I have a very strong feeling that these are going to be turbocharged with OS 2.0 and the prices are going to go up... And am thinking these will make a killer gift
    01-09-12 08:49 PM
  14. saudiben's Avatar
    if u can afford it, it is a no brainer as some have pointed out already...... buy the 64gb at these current prices. Had a 16 before and sold it, got my 64 cheap n lovin it
    01-09-12 09:08 PM