Best Buy is running a promotion where they will take any tablet for trade-in with minimum $50.
    I just traded in my lovely Playbook but $50 was too good to miss, I didn't want more clutter around home, so I traded in an old tablet that I had for $50 and went back and traded playbook for another $50.
    Now I am thinking of buying a Lenovo Yoga tablet for $100 after using the coupons.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Trade In

The promotion states Tab S2, because you get $50 for trade-in and another $50 coupon towards S2.
    But you don't have to use the gift card for S2. It's good on anything in store.
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 09-06-15 at 11:35 PM.
    cbvinh likes this.
    09-04-15 12:43 PM
    Thanks but if I had my 16gig PB, I would do it, not my 64gb no chance

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    leojzueg and BerryRipe like this.
    09-04-15 12:46 PM
    My pb still worth at least $50 to me. No thx

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 02:14 AM
    Any links I can find say that ended 7/12

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 03:36 PM
    Damn, you mean I missed out
    09-05-15 03:42 PM
    Youll find out the Playbooks better than the lenovo tablet and youll be crying in your beer for your mistake. Come back and tell us all about it.

I'd buy a third backup Playbook before I'd sell either of the ones i have, personally. Other tablets may (or may not!) have more bells and whistles on them, but they will be buggy, and invasive to your personal privacy and security.

Unless maybe what you are is a gamer.
    09-05-15 03:54 PM
    09-05-15 03:57 PM
    Youll find out the Playbooks better than the lenovo tablet and youll be crying in your beer for your mistake. Come back and tell us all about it.

I'd buy a third backup Playbook before I'd sell either of the ones i have, personally. Other tablets may (or may not!) have more bells and whistles on them, but they will be buggy, and invasive to your personal privacy and security.

Unless maybe what you are is a gamer.
    Yeah, just don't surf on it because the browser has vulnerabilities that haven't been and won't be patched so it's not so secure.
    09-05-15 06:11 PM
    Thanks but if I had my 16gig PB, I would do it, not my 64gb no chance

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    Same here. The 64GB makes it a media powerhouse on an outdated yet elegant OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:03 AM
    Yeah, just don't surf on it because the browser has vulnerabilities that haven't been and won't be patched so it's not so secure.
    I would recommend browsing although it's not its strongest suit. However, not banking or anything dealing with your sensitive data. LiveLeak.com is one of my favorites.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:05 AM
    Question: What will Best Buy do with all the PlayBooks?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:07 AM
    Question: What will Best Buy do with all the PlayBooks?
    They're going to melt all of them into a single, 60 floor high giant Playbook.
    09-06-15 04:30 AM
    That is my reason for buying the Playbook, to browse with, and listen to music or talk radio on, or watch video. This thing seems alot more secure than anything else I've had.

I have always avoided online banking.
    vanrickman likes this.
    09-06-15 07:54 AM
    They're going to melt all of them into a single, 60 floor high giant Playbook.
    holy crap, when is that releasing? before the slider i imagine. lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-06-15 11:49 AM
    That is my reason for buying the Playbook, to browse with, and listen to music or talk radio on, or watch video. This thing seems alot more secure than anything else I've had.

I have always avoided online banking.
    then you're golden.
    09-06-15 11:49 AM
    There is no problem, life is good, i have a playbook ; )
    Wait a minute, you just changed what i was replying to, ya brat!
    vanrickman likes this.
    09-06-15 12:40 PM
    Playbook is still nice but at 16GB capacity is limited for videos, USB transfer is extremely slow for some reason in mine, youtube blocked app playbook from accessing videos (web version worked but it was very laggy), no SD expansion and my camera recently stopped working although I did not try it after security wipe. Anyway, it wasn't worth more than $50 to me and it was pretty limited in capacity so I jumped on the chance to get $50 back, considering we used the heck out of this device for over 3,5 yrs and to get anything back -let alone $50- was a benefit for us. If it had an SD slot or at least some usable apps like skype, youtube, netflix, etc I wouldn't sell it.

The promotion is still going on at Best Buy but I still can't make up my mind on what to buy. I have $100 gift card and I am considering Lenovo Yoga 2 8" or maybe Asus Zenpad, and maybe Galaxy Tab 4.0 7".

I fixed the link
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=jxYCxdHc
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-06-15 11:33 PM
    Hopefully it works because the bestbuy website says the Playbook is worth 0 dollars.
    kbz1960, extisis and andy957 like this.
    09-07-15 09:45 AM
    Hopefully it works because the bestbuy website says the Playbook is worth 0 dollars.
    I just did it at the San Francisco store. I went straight to customer service and they knew exactly what to do, no explanation necessary. I only needed to bring the PlayBook (security wiped) and power supply and show that it works. Due to California state law to prevent stolen goods from being sold, I needed to supply an ID and give a thumb print. I had to also electronically sign two things: 1. I owned the device, 2. I was transferring ownership to Best Buy. I left with a $50 gift card and a $50 coupon towards a Samsung Tab S2 tablet.

The PlayBook I traded in was the 16 GB version, which is worth about $50 on eBay/Craigslist. If you don't mind the evasiveness of having your ID and thumb print recorded, it was easy enough to do.

I was planning to replace it with the Acer Iconia Tab 8 with Lollipop, $129, but decided to hold off since I don't need a tablet at the moment and perhaps the KitKat version of the tablet, $99, will get a Lollipop update.
    09-07-15 10:25 PM
    Kind of off topic, but relevant to the last post....why does Android have such stupid names for their OS updates?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 01:05 AM
    Kind of off topic, but relevant to the last post....why does Android have such stupid names for their OS updates?
    Some people find the names humorous/non-techie and it's easier to remember than asking for 10.3.1 or 10.3.2...
    09-08-15 01:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Instead of version 1,2,3 so on, it is ABC with junk food names. Why, you would have to ask Google.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 02:44 AM
    It works, there is $50 minimum with any working tablet except Nook or e-Readers. Most stores know about this deal by now, except if there is a rookie rep.
    I just returned another tablet that I bought for $65 but dropped and messed up the power button, it just became super sensitive, 3 months later, I got $50 back for it. Awesome. (Although the value was $150 I don't mind losing $15) So I traded in 3 tablets, now I have 3 x $50 gift cards + 3 x $50 coupon for Galaxy Tab S2.

I know people sell the codes online, if anyone needs Tab S2 coupon, I can trade it for something else like Amazon or other gift cards.

I still need to buy a tablet, can't make up my mind what to get. Any suggestions?
    09-08-15 02:26 PM
    It works, there is $50 minimum with any working tablet except Nook or e-Readers. Most stores know about this deal by now, except if there is a rookie rep.
    I just returned another tablet that I bought for $65 but dropped and messed up the power button, it just became super sensitive, 3 months later, I got $50 back for it. Awesome. (Although the value was $150 I don't mind losing $15) So I traded in 3 tablets, now I have 3 x $50 gift cards + 3 x $50 coupon for Galaxy Tab S2.

I know people sell the codes online, if anyone needs Tab S2 coupon, I can trade it for something else like Amazon or other gift cards.

I still need to buy a tablet, can't make up my mind what to get. Any suggestions?
    Any Windows tablet. The surface is kind of expensive but good. I have an older Toshiba that is alright. There are better ones though.
    09-08-15 02:47 PM
    wish i had spare tablets laying round ... would trade for the gift cards, flip them and a other from a rewards program ($100card) to friend(s) buying some new electronics for say 10%off face, and use the cash to offset the cost of a new PPSE from shopCB !
    09-09-15 04:05 PM
53 123