My pb still worth at least $50 to me. No thx

Posted via CB10
    Me too. My wife is happy using it as an e-reader. Also sometimes I enjoy playing some of the games I have on it. As long as it still holds a charge it will save me at least $50 on having to get an new kindle for my wife.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 04:27 PM
    I'd gladly pay more than Best Buy's $50 credit for a PlayBook... don't see this as very enticing. Wish I could still purchase a new PB somewhere still!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 03:43 PM
    Mines worth more. I got the 64 gb one. I'm just going to put all music on it and I've already got the Pacemaker dj app. Its perfect.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23198886

This alone makes it way more than 50 bucks.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    09-10-15 04:00 PM
    I'd gladly pay more than Best Buy's $50 credit for a PlayBook... don't see this as very enticing. Wish I could still purchase a new PB somewhere still!
    You'd pay more than $50 for a used PlayBook 16 GB? Dang, I would have sold you mine.
    09-10-15 04:27 PM
    You'd pay more than $50 for a used PlayBook 16 GB? Dang, I would have sold you mine.
    He said new, not used.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 04:28 PM
    He said new, not used.
    Yeah, he said he'd pay more than Best Buy's credit, but then finished with the word "new", which kinda moots his point of offering more than Best Buy. It's why I chose to put the word "used" in my reply.
    09-10-15 05:59 PM
    Yeah, he said he'd pay more than Best Buy's credit, but then finished with the word "new", which kinda moots his point of offering more than Best Buy. It's why I chose to put the word "used" in my reply.
    how would it moot the point it's no longer being sold anywhere... lol

anyway i was just clarifying but let's see, you put 16GB when he just said he would pay for a PlayBook period. so even though you chose to put the word 'used' you're just putting words in his mouth (or in this case, post) that were not stated.
    09-10-15 11:04 PM
    Keep your playbook and just negotiate with them. Bestbuy says they won't, but they do.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 01:01 AM
    how would it moot the point it's no longer being sold anywhere... lol

anyway i was just clarifying but let's see, you put 16GB when he just said he would pay for a PlayBook period. so even though you chose to put the word 'used' you're just putting words in his mouth (or in this case, post) that were not stated.
    He's saying he'd pay more than $50 for a PlayBook, *implying* that Best Buy's offer was inferior to what the market would offer. In reality, he would pay $50 for something that you're saying doesn't even exist, a new PlayBook. If he wants to be critical of Best Buy, he should come up with an offer that's real.

I put 16 GB because that's what I traded in at Best Buy, as stated in an earlier post in the thread. It's also the memory size that the OP traded in as well. It's just to be specific, unlike making a blanket statement that he would buy a PlayBook for more than $50, but then later qualify that it's only for "new" and of unknown memory size.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-11-15 04:25 AM
    Keep your playbook and just negotiate with them. Bestbuy says they won't, but they do.
    Who do you negotiate with? And how do you get them to go from what their computer system says, $0, to more than $50, when most of them have no idea what a PlayBook is and why it would be worth more, when it'll just be shipped to some recycling center? Did you do this personally and can give details?
    09-11-15 04:30 AM
    He's saying he'd pay more than $50 for a PlayBook, *implying* that Best Buy's offer was inferior to what the market would offer. In reality, he would pay $50 for something that you're saying doesn't even exist, a new PlayBook. If he wants to be critical of Best Buy, he should come up with an offer that's real.

I put 16 GB because that's what I traded in at Best Buy, as stated in an earlier post in the thread. It's also the memory size that the OP traded in as well. It's just to be specific, unlike making a blanket statement that he would buy a PlayBook for more than $50, but then later qualify that it's only for "new" and of unknown memory size.
    it's not being specific, he already stated "new" and you went the other way. you could have asked if he was willing. simple. get over it.
    09-11-15 08:59 AM
    Who do you negotiate with? And how do you get them to go from what their computer system says, $0, to more than $50, when most of them have no idea what a PlayBook is and why it would be worth more, when it'll just be shipped to some recycling center? Did you do this personally and can give details?
    Sorry I meant save your playbook and go buy the new tablet you want that's 700 dollars and get them to take the 50 bucks off the price.

That way you have your playbook and a new tablet you saved 50 bucks on.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 10:16 AM
    it's not being specific, he already stated "new" and you went the other way. you could have asked if he was willing. simple. get over it.
    I never thought he was being serious about the offer. He was taking a swipe at Best Buy's offer.
    09-11-15 02:23 PM
    Sorry I meant save your playbook and go buy the new tablet you want that's 700 dollars and get them to take the 50 bucks off the price.

That way you have your playbook and a new tablet you saved 50 bucks on.
    Yeah, I can see them giving a $50 discount on a $700 tablet, but I was looking to replace the PlayBook with something cheaper, like around the $100 mark.

The PlayBook served me well. I only wished it was updated. The ~$100 Android tablets have higher resolution and memory slot, two things I desired in the next gen PlayBook.
    09-11-15 02:28 PM
    They're going to melt all of them into a single, 60 floor high giant Playbook.
    Soon the iPhone will look like that

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 08:35 PM
    I passed mine on to another CBer for a token sum of 25 dollars and called it a win/win!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-23-15 07:57 AM
    Yeah, I can see them giving a $50 discount on a $700 tablet, but I was looking to replace the PlayBook with something cheaper, like around the $100 mark.

The PlayBook served me well. I only wished it was updated. The ~$100 Android tablets have higher resolution and memory slot, two things I desired in the next gen PlayBook.
    Did you get anything yet?
    I just picked up Amazon 7" Fire tablet, it's actually very capable and a pretty good quality device for $50.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-23-15 03:41 PM
    I just picked up Amazon 7" Fire tablet, it's actually very capable and a pretty good quality device for $50.

I highly recommend that Amazon tablet I have one too, it's a fun addition to my FireTV.
    12-24-15 09:32 AM
    Other tablets may (or may not!) have more bells and whistles on them, but they will be buggy, and invasive to your personal privacy and security.

Unless maybe what you are is a gamer.[/QUOTE]

Buggy is the browser on the Playbook. Outside of some bridge capabilities and media, it is really useless.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 01:57 AM
    I highly recommend that Amazon tablet I have one too, it's a fun addition to my FireTV.
    Yep! I love my Fire Stick, I only wish we could cast our phone screens or laptop screens to Fire TV, though. That's one thing missing from Fire TV.
    12-31-15 07:51 PM
    Me too. The speakers are amazing, as good as the Pkaybook's.

Posted from CB10
    12-31-15 08:06 PM
    Does Fire have access to Google Play?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 11:35 AM
    I just did it at the San Francisco store. I went straight to customer service and they knew exactly what to do, no explanation necessary. I only needed to bring the PlayBook (security wiped) and power supply and show that it works. Due to California state law to prevent stolen goods from being sold, I needed to supply an ID and give a thumb print. I had to also electronically sign two things: 1. I owned the device, 2. I was transferring ownership to Best Buy. I left with a $50 gift card and a $50 coupon towards a Samsung Tab S2 tablet.

The PlayBook I traded in was the 16 GB version, which is worth about $50 on eBay/Craigslist. If you don't mind the evasiveness of having your ID and thumb print recorded, it was easy enough to do.

I was planning to replace it with the Acer Iconia Tab 8 with Lollipop, $129, but decided to hold off since I don't need a tablet at the moment and perhaps the KitKat version of the tablet, $99, will get a Lollipop update.
    So what will Best Buy do with them? They want a working model with charger. The stock PB charger is worth a lot to me. I use it as my main power for my phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 11:44 AM
    Oh and there is zero chance I would give a finger print to a store.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 11:49 AM
    So what will Best Buy do with them? They want a working model with charger. The stock PB charger is worth a lot to me. I use it as my main power for my phones.
    I did ask about this and they said they actually ship it to some reseller. They didn't know who though.

As for the chargers, I picked up two BlackBerry OEM for something like $6.
    01-04-16 01:31 PM
53 123