So one day i was just touching and swiping my playboook because i was bored watching tv and it suddenly turned on like it i pressed the power button. i did some more playing and figured out that the bezel on the playbook if you use a finger and swipe from the top to bottom or left to right (and vice versa) making a line which will turn on the screen only if its powered on already. so now u dont have to keep pressing the power button just to use your playbook multiple times a day.

dont know if this has already been posted but just wanted to make sure people knew about it
    07-27-12 12:52 PM
    So one day i was just touching and swiping my playboook because i was bored watching tv and it suddenly turned on like it i pressed the power button. i did some more playing and figured out that the bezel on the playbook if you use a finger and swipe from the top to bottom or left to right (and vice versa) making a line which will turn on the screen only if its powered on already. so now u dont have to keep pressing the power button just to use your playbook multiple times a day.

dont know if this has already been posted but just wanted to make sure people knew about it
    5 stars for a helpful first post. Keep it up!

On the downside... That info is well known and it's even on the manual.

But keep it up!!!
    JayR2010 and Vorkosigan like this.
    07-27-12 12:58 PM
    lol manual whats that? jp sorry i rarely read them
    07-27-12 01:02 PM
    Ha ha ha! Who wants to read when you can play!
    07-27-12 01:43 PM
    5 stars for a helpful first post. Keep it up!

On the downside... That info is well known and it's even on the manual.

But keep it up!!!
    5* to you too, anyone else will criticise him because he has not used the 'search function'
    And get all hot headed.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-27-12 02:00 PM
    Yup, Bezel to Bezel in any direction to the opposite bezel.
    07-27-12 03:04 PM
    You will like this feature. Since i figure it out I have never used the power button. Been at least a year
    07-27-12 04:11 PM
    Lol! Glad you figured that one out. It's one of the best features of the Playbook. I can't imagine repeatedly pressing the power button all day long. And if you do decide to read, I'll bet you'll find out other things you didn't know your Playbook can do. Enjoy!
    07-27-12 05:44 PM
    It's always fun to discover.

You night find some more features that you didn't know about in here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    07-27-12 05:52 PM
    I wish they would improve standby/lock screen. I only want the screen to come back on when I bezel to bezel or hit the power button. As it is now when i throw my playbook in standby and throw it in my case, it turns back on. Hate that wasting power and who knows what apps its opening up.

Screen Lock PLEASE!!!!

Also I would like a Bezel/Bezel to Standby action when screen is active (single finger). CB Kevin was requesting a dual finger bezel/bezel to standby to differentiate. Though its unnecessary because if they programmed the pb to recognize bezel/bezel even if you were initially raising a menu or dropping down options menu, when you reached the other bezel it would just go into standby.

Bezel/Bezel >> Standby (screenlocked) PLEASE!!!!
    07-27-12 07:16 PM
    I just found out if you plug it in it charges the battery.
    JayR2010 likes this.
    07-27-12 07:21 PM
    Roflol...I missed this too at first. I knew i had only put the pb into standby but how the heck to wake it up? I would tap and swipe all over the place and sometimes get it too work. I still remember how thrilled i was when the lightbulb went on in my head.

After that I read the manual and watched the demo videos - and I still discover things i didn't know.
    07-27-12 07:30 PM
    I wish they would improve standby/lock screen. I only want the screen to come back on when I bezel to bezel or hit the power button. As it is now when i throw my playbook in standby and throw it in my case, it turns back on. Hate that wasting power and who knows what apps its opening up.

Screen Lock PLEASE!!!!

Also I would like a Bezel/Bezel to Standby action when screen is active (single finger). CB Kevin was requesting a dual finger bezel/bezel to standby to differentiate. Though its unnecessary because if they programmed the pb to recognize bezel/bezel even if you were initially raising a menu or dropping down options menu, when you reached the other bezel it would just go into standby.

Bezel/Bezel >> Standby (screenlocked) PLEASE!!!!
    If you password protect your PB, it offers another option on the Battery pulldown menu for LOCK. That will at least keep it from firing off apps while it is in your case.

I strongly recommend password protection. Besides keeping unwanted eyes out of your PB, it secures things like Development Mode (for sideloading), file sharing, etc. The password is required before these things can be enabled, changed, etc. It also has similar fault protection to the BB. After 5 tries you must type blackberry to continue.
    07-27-12 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD