With the PB OS being such a highly gesture based system, I feel like it would be natural to include gestures in the browser. For example, swipe two fingers from right to left to go back and left to right to go forward. I realize the browser is basically a webkit browser in an AIR shell which may limit the use of gestures but I think it is something RIM should consider. Hopefully with the new BB10 browser coded in C+ we may be able to get this implemented.

What are your guys thoughts on it?
    brianoc likes this.
    09-14-12 10:39 PM
    I agree. I was expecting the browser to be that way when I first got the PB. The Android player already does something similar, so it is probably in the works. Instead of using 2 fingers, you go back by swiping from bottom bezel to left bezel and forward from bottom bezel to right bezel (left and right corner diagonal swiping).
    09-14-12 11:06 PM
    There would be no problem with using gesture based system with AIR even but seemingly they have not done that..
    A third party app can always do that though..
    09-14-12 11:10 PM
    Same here. I often time felt like I should be able to swipe up a tab to close it cuz dam do I hate that small tiny x that's really unresponsive.
    09-14-12 11:19 PM
    'Dolphin HD' is a third party browser having excellent gestures controls. Its a phenomenal brower itself. Sadly its an android ported app and completely buggy. It would be best if it was native.
    09-15-12 12:29 AM
    And why not use the right or left border to scroll up or down while in the browser.
    So i don`t keep hitting ads because my thumb brushed the screen, and end up= on another page...
    Why not celebrate what we have. I am just saying. Go PB
    ralfyguy likes this.
    09-15-12 09:58 AM
    And why not use the right or left border to scroll up or down while in the browser.
    So i don`t keep hitting ads because my thumb brushed the screen, and end up= on another page...
    Why not celebrate what we have. I am just saying. Go PB
    I second that. In a way it is already there, if you start out with putting your finger just to the side of the border and while moving up or down move your finger over into the border. But that doesn't work if it is a flash based ad. Using the border alone for that purpose in the browser would be immensely helpful. Should be easy to integrate that into the OS.
    This hitting the ads by accident had me on the verge of completely loosing it countless times.
    09-15-12 11:21 AM
    OP I think it would be a step up from what we currently have. After getting use to new gesture controls we would be faster at doing things on PlayBook.
    09-15-12 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD