Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone has heard, but Dropbox is testing a beta version of the photo uploading feature.

(2/1) - Experimental Forum Build - 1.3.12 Dropbox Forums

If you participate, you can earn up to 5GB of free space. I heard about it yesterday and started uploading the photos. I did indeed earn all 5GB by this afternoon.

In case anyone wants to know, the PlayBook has the Bluebox app that will syn with dropbox. I use it extensively. Very convenient.

If you want to create a dropbox account, please consider using my referral link.

http://db.tt/wyqeY4iY

You'll get 250MB extra. Thanks!
    ordigas, akaRichard, abass and 1 others like this.
    02-10-12 04:43 PM
    Or use SugarSync ang get 5.5gb regardless of betas +500mb for each ref you get to install the software in the PC. (no PlayBook app, but there is an autosync software for PC/Mac and BB app).

There is also Box.com for 50gb (but no autosync software unless you pay).
    xKrNMBoYx likes this.
    02-10-12 05:54 PM
    why not just go with the Box app which gives you 50g free??
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-10-12 06:13 PM
    i have Box as well. 50GB is nice, but box doesn't automatically sync. dropbox does. it's helpful when, as a student, i have to write a bunch of essays. should my computer fails, i still have my backup in dropbox.
    02-10-12 06:41 PM
    I posted this last week and it got moved to off topic in like 5 mins. Lol. Hopefully some ppl see thisand use it, it worked perfect for me
    02-10-12 06:44 PM
    that's odd. it does relate to the PlayBook. If you're stuck with a 16GB playbook like me, you'd appreciate extra space some where... perhaps it would be better in the apps section? haha
    02-10-12 07:15 PM
    One thing I found with Blue Box, is while it gives you 50gb for free, it limits the max file size to 25mb. Not great for loading large files.
    speedypear likes this.
    02-10-12 07:21 PM
    One thing I found with Blue Box, is while it gives you 50gb for free, it limits the max file size to 25mb. Not great for loading large files.
    are you sure? cause my account says 100mb. and last week i uploaded a file that was 37mb.
    02-10-12 07:54 PM
    I just checked, when it was first launched it was 25mb, they have adjusted it to 100mb now. So, not bad for free, but I'd like something a bit bigger.
    02-10-12 08:15 PM
    why not just go with the Box app which gives you 50g free??
    50 from Box is better than 5 from dropbox beta. i got mine go get yours get the free app in app world from your playbook for the free 50gb.
    02-10-12 08:27 PM
    I use dropbox all the time for work - between my work computer, laptop, pb and team members and i love it. Thanks for the tip on the extra 5GB!
    02-10-12 08:27 PM
    I don't see the Camera upload feature that earns (or is it now past tense - earned) the extra space. I plugged my nikon in and see nothing. I also tried my canon. Still no sign of a camera transfer. Did I get the wrong version? 1.3.15 is what I'm working with.
    Last edited by F2; 02-10-12 at 10:16 PM.
    02-10-12 08:58 PM
    Just got 2gigs in about 2 hours of waiting while my files uploaded.. If only I had Fios to get my 35/35 instead of my crappy 15/3 DL/UP currently with timewarner. Gonna be up at 12GB when all done and still can recommend a few more people to get 15 total or so! (not bad for free :P)
    02-10-12 09:51 PM
    that's odd. it does relate to the PlayBook. If you're stuck with a 16GB playbook like me, you'd appreciate extra space some where... perhaps it would be better in the apps section? haha
    that was my exact thinking... but o well
    02-10-12 10:35 PM
    I don't see the Camera upload feature that earns (or is it now past tense - earned) the extra space. I plugged my nikon in and see nothing. I also tried my canon. Still no sign of a camera transfer. Did I get the wrong version? 1.3.15 is what I'm working with.
    when you open your camera or your SD card in "my computer", select "autoplay" (right click). under autoplay there should be an option for import videos/photos using dropbox. use that.
    02-11-12 12:01 PM
    Box app= free 50GBs...
    Box
    02-11-12 12:29 PM
    Dropbox ftw!
    Box:
    - File size upload limitations
    - Need to pay to do simple things like upload/download multiple files at a time
    - Someone said you need to be a paid member just to have the sync client on your PC?

Dropbox:
    - You can get up to 25GB~ free just by referring friends
    - Doesn't have any of the limitations above
    02-11-12 12:51 PM
    when you open your camera or your SD card in "my computer", select "autoplay" (right click). under autoplay there should be an option for import videos/photos using dropbox. use that.
    I noticed something when reading their site:

I have a feeling that my cameras are too old? Is this intended for SMART Cameras? I tried looking at the options and there was no dropbox reference.
    02-11-12 01:42 PM
    I noticed something when reading their site:

I have a feeling that my cameras are too old? Is this intended for SMART Cameras? I tried looking at the options and there was no dropbox reference.
    hmm i didn't even plug in my camera. since i already had many GB of photos in my usd/jump drive already, i just select "autoplay" from my usb drive. that worked for me quite well.

are you using the beta version of dropbox?
    02-11-12 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD