noticed last night that my BlackBerry PlayBook Rapid Charger Dock charges @ abt 40%/hr,,, ran it down to 9% til the audio alarm kicked in,,, 1st time i did it,,, i wanted to run it down one time & get a full charge on it just 'cuz i can & yes, i had nothing better to do,,, also noticed JetPack JoyRide hammers on the battery pretty good also,,, i'm guesstimating it eats abt %20-25/hr...
    12-18-12 12:08 PM
    Any game hammers the battery when utilizing the video and processor. The more "pretty things" you see. The more it eats the battery..
    12-18-12 12:21 PM
    The PB battery is rated at 5.4 amp-hours which is 19.95 watt-hours in energy. The rapid travel charger and I believe also the dock charger charge at about 2.4 amperes which would be 45% per hour at full rate charging as allowed by the control circuits. The charging rate is decreased above about 55% battery charge so that in reality it takes about 3 hours to get a full charge. The magnetic port chargers can also supply extra power for operation during charging so that one may continue to run the PB without dropping the charging rate significantly. The standard USB charger I believe is rated at 1.8 amperes.
    12-19-12 02:36 AM
    The PB battery is rated at 5.4 amp-hours which is 19.95 watt-hours in energy. The rapid travel charger and I believe also the dock charger charge at about 2.4 amperes which would be 45% per hour at full rate charging as allowed by the control circuits. The charging rate is decreased above about 55% battery charge so that in reality it takes about 3 hours to get a full charge. The magnetic port chargers can also supply extra power for operation during charging so that one may continue to run the PB without dropping the charging rate significantly. The standard USB charger I believe is rated at 1.8 amperes.
    The standard charger is 1.8 A @ 5 V, while the rapid charger is 2.0 A @ 12 V. It's too early in the morning to do the math, but as long as it charges below 100% per hour, I'm happy with it.
    12-19-12 06:41 AM