Was in the local Futureshop in Toronto (Laird location). There was a huge stack of playbooks there. I would say about 50 of each type. So if anyone is looking they have them.

They did change the packaging it looks like. Each model has a different colour box. Can't remember what was what. But i was suprised to see them there. (Still shows the prices 199,299,399 respectevely.)

Good luck
    12-28-11 09:53 PM
    I find it hilarious how all the major electronic stores in Canada are listing the $199 Playbook as a Boxing Week "Door Crasher". The damn thing has been $199 for more than a month.
    12-28-11 10:02 PM
    299? are you sure, cause the sale is 249$ for the 32 gig.
    keith
    12-28-11 10:08 PM
    12-28-11 10:09 PM
    the 32 gb should be selling at $249. i got mine a month ago at $299. figured if there was a boxing day sale i'd go in for a price adjustment.

the fine print in their policy says computers tablets and electronics only have a 14 day price guarantee. that makes up most of what future shop sells. so why do they have a 30 day policy?
    12-28-11 10:10 PM
    Not a good sign.
    12-28-11 10:17 PM
    Oh please! Future Shops all over have sold out but some units left in one store in Leaside is "bad news"? ROTF LMAO
    12-28-11 11:09 PM
    Was in the local Futureshop in Toronto (Laird location). There was a huge stack of playbooks there.
    lol Won't be there for long. They are already sold out here.
    12-28-11 11:19 PM
    Not a good sign.
    An electronics store having electronic products in stock is a bad sign? Do you have some sort of pertinent information about the store? Do you know how many they initially purchased? How long these have been in stock? Was this a restock? Would they restock again?

Without any other information, it seems like you're just here to talk smack about RIM. (a quick look at your post history confirms it) That's kinda creepy...
    12-28-11 11:54 PM
    An electronics store having electronic products in stock is a bad sign? Do you have some sort of pertinent information about the store? Do you know how many they initially purchased? How long these have been in stock? Was this a restock? Would they restock again?

Without any other information, it seems like you're just here to talk smack about RIM. (a quick look at your post history confirms it) That's kinda creepy...
    your report button is far more effective at combatting a pattern of problematic post history than engaging the people in question.
    Megacharge likes this.
    12-29-11 12:02 AM
    In regards to FutureShop and Bestbuy having stock, I don't think they had them listed on their web sites or online flyers prior to boxing day. I was checking for a friend on Dec 24th and only The Source and Staples had them listed online and in their flyers. Staples had them on sale online starting the 24th and sold out in my region quickly. People may have just went elsewhere to get their playbooks rather than deal with the boxing day chaos at FutureShop and BestBuy.
    12-29-11 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD