Ok Lessen to your self's? I think it works better then any android out there, screen is nice, its fast and dose not ever slow down. They will fix the compatibility problems with the Blackberry Bridge and i will be using it in full once again!!!! i love mine. If your a kid and need to play games and such buy a ipad! Waste your money on useless apps and bird games. black Berry is for adults!!
    I stopped reading at " I think it works better then any android out there",
    I looked at my galaxy tab And giggled.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 05:44 PM
    A huge improvement on its native browser would be a great OS update... (is that really hard to ask from BlackBerry?)...

Other than that, my 64GB PlayBook is still a great multimedia device for watching movies and music entertaining purposes... with some value added apps and games...

Posted via Z10
    10-16-13 08:22 PM
    BlackBerry said it themselves... No future.
    This probably has more to do with Thorsten Heins leadership and strategy. I think BlackBerry still needs a tablet in their offering, and it will be interesting to see what happens on this if Mike Lazaridis returns.

Here's a great article - although several months old, still a very good read.

Why tepid tablet strategy could be BlackBerry's fatal flaw

I particularly liked the following point:

"Every month that passes without some information on the future of the PlayBook results in more PlayBook users jumping ship or potential customers choosing a tablet from a BlackBerry competitor."

I really hope BlackBerry/RIM are thinking about this today and now.
    10-16-13 10:09 PM
    This probably has more to do with Thorsten Heins leadership and strategy. I think BlackBerry still needs a tablet in their offering, and it will be interesting to see what happens on this if Mike Lazaridis returns.

Here's a great article - although several months old, still a very good read.

Why tepid tablet strategy could be BlackBerry's fatal flaw

I particularly liked the following point:

"Every month that passes without some information on the future of the PlayBook results in more PlayBook users jumping ship or potential customers choosing a tablet from a BlackBerry competitor."

I really hope BlackBerry/RIM are thinking about this today and now.
    Yes, if they truly want to compete in the mobile space, they need a tablet. The whole "tablets aren't a good business model, they won't be around in 5 years, we're going to focus on mobile computing" thing is a cop out and a bit of a diversion. They can look to the future all they want, but if they can't figure out the present, they're not going to make it to the future.
    10-17-13 12:39 AM
    Dells are junk
    Dell business range is very good
    10-17-13 07:25 AM
    I am using my BlackBerry PlayBook primarily as a thin client for various cloud services and to remotely access servers running GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows. Remote file access to my notebook computer running Ubuntu Linux would be nice but with synchronization to Box.com is a sufficient substitute although encrypted storage would definitely be extremely useful. If my BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry PlayBook could be fully integrated via BlackBerry Bridge lots of users would be happy too. The BlackBerry PlayBook can be connected to the HDTV monitor on my desk via HDMI and a Bluetooth mouse can be used if desired in addition to the BlackBerry Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard or a traditional Bluetooth keyboard.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-17-13 01:31 PM
    Worst purchase ever! If it's just going to be a side loader for Android I'll just get a galaxy with a library of apps that are native rather than mobile links. They're doing everything wrong. Anyone of us here could do a better job marketing bb.
    10-17-13 07:33 PM
    Worst purchase ever! If it's just going to be a side loader for Android I'll just get a galaxy with a library of apps that are native rather than mobile links. They're doing everything wrong. Anyone of us here could do a better job marketing bb.
    Welcome to the forum and if you bought a Playbook recently you shouldn't complain about lack of apps and sideloading problems. There has been ample info on these problems and also info on some things you can do quite well with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-17-13 09:28 PM
    yup I agree with above
    dead product, use it till you cant then. Chuck it out.

I got my moneys worth out of mine. but I didn't pay much for it.
    10-18-13 05:34 AM
84 ... 234