Playbook's past is well known, a kind of open book, but can anyone, any of us, predict what Playbook's future will be?
    10-09-13 02:14 PM
    It does not have one
    10-09-13 02:17 PM
    Playbook's past is well known, a kind of open book, but can anyone, any of us, predict what Playbook's future will be?
    It's just a legacy device now. Work it till it drops...

c
    FF22, eldricho and anon8091350 like this.
    10-09-13 02:19 PM
    its now nearly ghost from past,which had great possibility but was let to die in hands of people sitting on power seats of BB
    GoWithTheFro likes this.
    10-09-13 02:25 PM
    A fancy (and expensive) digital photo frame.
    angad7.10 likes this.
    10-09-13 02:25 PM
    it is now the dead device of dying company which i love so much
    10-09-13 02:26 PM
    I don't think there is a foreseeable future for the Playbook. It was here and now it is just another Legacy device. I will say I do still use it and will do so proudly until it finally craps out on me. Still a great device that offers a great tablet experience. No issues or negative remarks toward it at all.

Long live Blackberry!
    10-09-13 02:40 PM
    A fancy (and expensive) digital photo frame.
    Another one of the many things it is able to perform quite well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-09-13 03:13 PM
    They'll be used somewhat until the battery no longer charges or at least mine will then it's off to be recycled.
    10-09-13 03:33 PM
    I agree, it has not got a future. But I will carry on using mine every day till it dies or I buy another tablet. Shame really as I have just enabled Bridge on mine and really like it. But I imagine that my company will be ditching Blackberry mobiles shortly.
    10-09-13 04:05 PM
    no future - still carry and use it every day, works great for what it was designed for

but bought myself a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2 running Windows 8 Pro as the PB is limited to emails now
    island par likes this.
    10-09-13 04:14 PM
    The only future it may have is if Blackberry is brought out by another company who decide to just give the devs the tools required to put android or whatever on the PB. That is bleak too.
    10-09-13 06:41 PM
    The only future it may have is if Blackberry is brought out by another company who decide to just give the devs the tools required to put android or whatever on the PB. That is bleak too.
    Agree that it is unlikely that BB10 will ever reach the PB but if another company of sufficient strength buys out BB perhaps some upgrading of the present operating system would occur.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    jkomo001 likes this.
    10-09-13 07:38 PM
    As what other had said, there is no more future for PlayBook...

Unless, someone as fanatic as we are, bought BlackBerry and make future for it...

Seriously, I believe that PlayBook is one of the best devices that BlackBerry produced - that, if only it is properly marketed and supported, it can compete with any popular tablets and can easily put BlackBerry back on the same pedestal as they were before... not sure why they haven't figure it out...

Posted via Z10
    10-09-13 07:42 PM
    Ok Lessen to your self's? I think it works better then any android out there, screen is nice, its fast and dose not ever slow down. They will fix the compatibility problems with the Blackberry Bridge and i will be using it in full once again!!!! i love mine. If your a kid and need to play games and such buy a ipad! Waste your money on useless apps and bird games. black Berry is for adults!!
    KittyBomb likes this.
    10-09-13 08:37 PM
    Ok Lessen to your self's? I think it works better then any android out there, screen is nice, its fast and dose not ever slow down. They will fix the compatibility problems with the Blackberry Bridge and i will be using it in full once again!!!! i love mine. If your a kid and need to play games and such buy a ipad! Waste your money on useless apps and bird games. black Berry is for adults!!
    Yea... hmm it would be great to say it's for adults but... playbook doesn't have any app support... in comparison to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard likes this.
    10-09-13 10:32 PM
    BlackBerry said it themselves... No future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    10-09-13 10:46 PM
    What BlackBerry need to do is update our Playbooks to run the latest version of Android apps and then just leave us alone, since the only way we can get any worthwhile apps is to sideload android Apps now anyway. I know they said they were thinking about giving Playbook owners some kind of compensation for playing us like suckers, maybe an updated android player would be sufficient. I still like mine for movies watching and music purchases, but use my Android tablet for just about anything else now.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    10-09-13 11:13 PM
    What BlackBerry need to do is update our Playbooks to run the latest version of Android apps and then just leave us alone, since the only way we can get any worthwhile apps is to sideload android Apps now anyway. I know they said they were thinking about giving Playbook owners some kind of compensation for playing us like suckers, maybe an updated android player would be sufficient. I still like mine for movies watching and music purchases, but use my Android tablet for just about anything else now.
    They could do so much more. But of course it's just too awesome to make a product better than it should be.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:41 PM
    It's dead and written off. No more development, no more apps and it is the only device on the planet (including nuclear reactors, cars and toasters) that QNX can't be adapted for. Sad.

Sitting in the refuse pile next to the Z10s.
    FF22 and jkomo001 like this.
    10-10-13 05:42 AM
    A hypothetical future buyer might rethink mr. Heins' stance on tablets, but that would only mean developing a Playbook 2.0, hopefully with the benefit of lessons learned from the first one. The first one, however, is as dead as you want it to be. It won't see any more serious updates, but it's still fully functional and to a degree very usable...
    anon8091350 and cman5 like this.
    10-10-13 05:52 AM
    These were my thoughts exactly! Latest Android runtime and most of us would consider that fair compensation I think
    10-10-13 06:12 AM
    Cisco, one "potential buyer", already failed with a tablet. The Cius.
    BlackBerry failed with a tablet.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
    10-10-13 07:39 AM
    As what other had said, there is no more future for PlayBook...

Unless, someone as fanatic as we are, bought BlackBerry and make future for it...

Seriously, I believe that PlayBook is one of the best devices that BlackBerry produced - that, if only it is properly marketed and supported, it can compete with any popular tablets and can easily put BlackBerry back on the same pedestal as they were before... not sure why they haven't figure it out...

Posted via Z10
    BINGO! The PlayBook was always marketed as a BB extender (hence the lack of native e-mail at launch) so nobody outside of the BB sphere really looked at is as anything other than a BB extender. I have one friend who got a PB because he got a good deal on it and it was a relatively easy way to stream media to his TV. It sits on a charging dock in the midst of his setup, he uploads all the content he wants onto it and doesn't really have much in the way of apps on it, just uses it as a media streaming device.

If they had marketed it a little differently, I think they would have seen a better uptake on it.
    hreiner1, cman5 and hearken like this.
    10-10-13 08:18 AM
    lol let's be honest here... People are still debating the future of BlackBerry... There is no future for the PlayBook till that debate's all done dusted and shelved.
    jkomo001 and FF22 like this.
    10-10-13 08:32 AM
84 123 ...