What if Blackberry is waiting to release a new Blackberry tablet until they are ready to use the 64bit octa-core processor to make a true handheld desktop replacement?

I mean they would really need to do something revolutionary if/when they bring back the Playbook right?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 09:37 PM
    I'm not sure what I would need a tablet for...I have a passport
    02-05-15 09:47 PM
    Yeah the playbook was such a success and then they made promises that were lies! If blackberry made another tablet, I wont buy it out of principal! I still own two PB's and thats that!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    02-05-15 09:50 PM
    The words "Future BlackBerry tablet" don't belong together.
    berry4life99 likes this.
    02-05-15 11:21 PM
    I'm not sure what I would need a tablet for...I have a passport
    Passport is great, but gaming, music and video using the PlayBook still cuts it for me!!

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 02:05 AM
    I dont own a PlayBook but like to have one if they realese something like ipad designs. Nokia n1 is good alternate tough.

Posted via  Z10 aTrueBbLover 
    02-06-15 02:12 AM
    I understand that many people see the Playbook as a failure but I honestly believe that 10.3 would make an amazing tablet interface especially if they managed to get a full fledged version of android running inside Blackberry, which could be possible with such a powerful processor and the right amount of ram and the fact that android is open source. I'd also love to see a version of blend designed for it so I'd have my dashboard on the tablet.

Has anyone heard of ReactOS? What if they could do something with that code to run windows programs on it. Android and windows programs running. I'd but it and rid myself of my bulky laptop.

With those features I think they could make a viable and very competitive tablet.

I apologize for the run on sentence up there in advance in case there are any grammar police around.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 07:08 AM
    Passport is great, but gaming, music and video using the PlayBook still cuts it for me!!

Posted via CB10
    Sure! And besides that...my PlayBook makes a great paper weight

Executive Producer of a Bunch of Losers for a BBM Group that doesn't Exist via My Passport
    02-06-15 07:22 AM
    I think if they can implement full android support and possibly utilize open source parts of ReactOS it could be a very viable desktop replacement.

That would allow for Android and windows programs to run as well as having the security of Blackberry. What more could you ask for?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:43 AM
    What if Blackberry is waiting to release a new Blackberry tablet until they are ready to use the 64bit octa-core processor to make a true handheld desktop replacement?
    And this future Blackberry desktop replacement would do exactly what better than a $200 Windows tablet you can get today?
    ssbtech likes this.
    02-06-15 09:58 AM
    And this future Blackberry desktop replacement would do exactly what better than a $200 Windows tablet you can get today?
    It would probably only be in the $700-$900 range! Lol
    02-06-15 10:00 AM
    It doesn't even need a 64bit octa-core, it's pointless if it doesn't have the power in the first place, Quad core max
    02-06-15 10:02 AM
    I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro - Does so much more than any tablet based on iOS or Android does and it only cost me $229. I bought a case and Bluetooth keyboard for it for $50 (Dell) and the active stylus ($35) for handwriting.

I can't see BlackBerry coming out with that sort of kit for $314.
    02-06-15 11:17 AM
    Right now Microsoft are the only guys that have designed their everyday OS to work with a tablet which is Windows8 and of course everyone hates it. But they are smart because this the direction of the industry and soon laptop and tablet will be synonymous words. (then apple will follow and claim they invented it)

BlackBerry's focus is not about competing in these very developed markets at the moment. It will be interesting how android evolves with these hybrid tablet/laptops and once that market is strengthens and you actually see people buying androids tablets as their main computer maybe BlackBerry will be able to take advantage of the expanded market and bring a tablet back. But it really is an app problem and they need to close the gap more aggressively then they have.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 12:47 PM
    Right now Microsoft are the only guys that have designed their everyday OS to work with a tablet which is Windows8 and of course everyone hates it. But they are smart because this the direction of the industry and soon laptop and tablet will be synonymous words. (then apple will follow and claim they invented it)

BlackBerry's focus is not about competing in these very developed markets at the moment. It will be interesting how android evolves with these hybrid tablet/laptops and once that market is strengthens and you actually see people buying androids tablets as their main computer maybe BlackBerry will be able to take advantage of the expanded market and bring a tablet back. But it really is an app problem and they need to close the gap more aggressively then they have.

Posted via CB10
    I rather like Windows 8, but Windows Phone 8, that can get stuffed.
    02-06-15 12:52 PM
    I own three

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 06:09 PM
    Totally agree!

Any tablet than aims to replace a laptop needs a great office package: writing, spreadsheet and presentation minimum.

Apple is already doing it with MS Office for iPad: they are getting ready.

Is Documents To Go up to the challenge? Obviously not.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 06:20 PM
    I don't need a tablet. Passport and Surface Pro 3. Nice combo for me.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.1.2267 / Telus
    02-06-15 06:22 PM
    I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro - Does so much more than any tablet based on iOS or Android does and it only cost me $229. I bought a case and Bluetooth keyboard for it for $50 (Dell) and the active stylus ($35) for handwriting.

I can't see BlackBerry coming out with that sort of kit for $314.
    Have you tried Blend with Venue 8? If so I can't see what else you would need.in a BB tablet.
    02-06-15 06:32 PM
    Blend would make it that much better.

I use my Playbook to write documents using my Bluetooth keyboard. It works really well for office stuff.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 08:00 PM
    If Blackberry has any business sense at all they will avoid the Tablet market like the plaque. Apple has it wrapped up and that is more than obvious. MS has a very slick product with the Surface Pro 3. But most of the others are less than adequate. The playbook was never really a contender, too many things it just didn't do. The tablet market is very much like the smartphone market, It's driven by apps. Where is BB's biggest weakness? Blend works beautifully on the iPad and it is still the standard that all others are graded on. Maybe most of you forget how much of a beating BB took on the playbook. Stick with what you know when you're trying to rebuild.
    02-06-15 08:22 PM
    Any tablet than aims to replace a laptop needs a great office package: writing, spreadsheet and presentation minimum.

Apple is already doing it with MS Office for iPad: they are getting ready.

Is Documents To Go up to the challenge? Obviously not.
    I'm not sure if a healthy office package will be enough to sustain a"business" tablet. QNX is impressive and arguably the best mobile OS out there but how is that going to translate into a hybrid tablet? What remains BB's biggest challenge is their large app deficits.

We can talk about the android run time all we want but in the end if I want key android apps then I should get an android device. This is the point of blend a sort of "can't beat 'em join 'em" philosophy and I think BB is ahead of the game with this app neutrality business even if they were forced into it. This is BB's hand right now and I think they are going to play it out for the time being.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 11:55 PM
    i owned 2 playbook, and still hoping cracker outside there successfuly break the locked bootloader.
    Because it's definetly our rights since Blackberry Failed give us the OS10.
    02-07-15 05:23 AM
    Yeah the playbook was such a success and then they made promises that were lies! If blackberry made another tablet, I wont buy it out of principal! I still own two PB's and thats that!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    My playbook has made a resurrection with the sideloaded 'cartoon hd'.

It's also the screen for my baby monitor here on vacation

It's still a perfect handheld media veiwer too

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 06:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    agreed.. but games in Playbook are limited compare to blackberry 10
    02-09-15 02:51 AM