I am not even going to attempt to go down the rabid whole of wishful thinking in regards to the Playbook, but I would like to put a spotlight on Blackberry Bridge. Has development of Blackberry Bridge ended or is it still being developed? Is there a chance that we could see some more functionality added to the Playbook through this handy little app? It already does a lot of things and honestly there have been additions that almost seemed like unnecessary freebies from Blackberry, such as the ability to answer a phone call from your Playbook. That functionality was added a little before the EOL notice went into effect, if I remember correctly. Could Blackberry possibly have some new features for Bridge in the works? Possibly a screen sharing feature? Okay, I know I'm heading into a little wishful thinking, but is Blackberry Bridge complete?
    06-24-14 03:04 AM
    I very much doubt there will be any further Bridge releases.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 03:10 AM
    Really depends on the direction the company wants to take, but I doubt that their concern is tablet development (new or PB), so I'm going to guess that they are focusing resources elsewhere. If development of a new tablet would start, then maybe bridge updates might come back, but I'm not holding my breath. New CEO is not likely to push the company's balance sheet to developing a new version of a product which flopped the first time it was released. They are going to concentrate on phones, and even that is getting farmed out.
    06-25-14 07:28 AM
    I would say Blend is the replacement for Bridge, which is good because it is open to more than just the PlayBook.

I remember reading it was supposed to be HTML5 based somewhere. If that's the case then it *should* work on the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 12:43 PM
    EOL, Dead, to be forgotten.
    IF they decide to "enter" the tablet scene once more it will be a totally new unit/design. The Playbook as it stands (or lays) at this date is all is ever going to be.
    Now, if you take into account the size, the Z30 is what the PB shoulda been....

c

c
    07-02-14 02:58 PM
    Bridge is still a brilliant concept, and I could see BlackBerry developing a similar application for other uses, but I have to agree that the chance of seeing further updates for Bridge are pretty low.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-02-14 03:21 PM
    Yes, Bridge was/is a great way to have some important bits at you hand without going looking for your phone in the living room, etc. I almost cried when they hobbled it whilst killing of the PB. But now, thanks to behavior modification, I can live with out it.

c
    07-02-14 03:29 PM
    I think BlackBerry Blend will replace it. Not sure how they'll implement it though.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-02-14 03:59 PM
    Blend should come with BB 10.3 and should work on any HTML 5 browser. If this happens as many believe, this should make bridge obsolete and give our PlayBooks some new life. Blend is an awesome concept IF properly executed. "Fingers crossed"!

PROUD to be the 1%! Z10 on T-Mobile USA - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    07-02-14 05:12 PM
    Bridge will continue to work or there will be some solution similar to Bridge, as there are Banks, insurance companies, governments, Police forces and other customers using the PlayBook. BlackBerry will support their critical corporate customers for a while or until there is a PlayBook replacement or Phablet.
    07-02-14 08:59 PM
    I'm hoping blend turns out to work out on the PlayBook browser but considering not much else does I'm not holding my breath. Like mentioned if blend is implemented properly and works in the PB browser it should negate the need for bridge as it would do everything bridge does and more we are led to believe.

However, waiting for something great to come from Blackberry can turn out fruitless so in the meantime some small uodates would be nice. I've been suffering from text messages not loading in at times.
    07-07-14 03:42 PM