07-17-13 08:09 AM
158 ... 567
tools
    Update: wifi still running so nicely!

I can't believe I waited so long to solve this issue.

Deleting all these saved network connections seems to have done the trick. Plus ipv6, but don't know if that one had an effect.

My PB detects networks poorly compared to my Torch and my laptop, but I got used to it needing to be closer to the router. It has stopped disconnecting constantly from the network, that's what's important, and it's gotten to be powerful enough to load videos from Youtube and vimeo, which it couldn't do a week ago...

Yeah!
    Hope your good luck continues and thanks for reporting what seems to have worked.
    03-30-13 11:45 PM
    Brilliant post! My igloo has perfect wifi in winter, but lousy in summer when it melts. I'm selling as much whale meat as i can to buy a new one though.

Oh...I guess that hotel I was at in Miami...the one where my PB kept dropping signal, was too close to the border too.

OP...ignore the suggestions to reboot the wifi...it's not only impractical in a public place, but silly.

This is a RIM issue and they better fix it.
    Love the igloo and whale meat references! Say, would you mind splitting a dog team to the hockey game? Maybe hit a Tim's on the way?
    04-19-13 07:47 PM
    Exactly...but I guarante someone will still post yet another.."'my wifi at home works fine"

Like beating our heads against a wall...lol
    my wifi at home works fine.......this omew for you F2
    04-19-13 08:16 PM
    Backup your playbook, wipe it, restore your playbook. It will be better. I do this every six months. Doesn't have any problems. It is an OG 16GB from launch. Works great. Just did a wipe and reload a couple days ago, playbook is buttery.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:49 PM
    it should connect anywhere since it is made for travelling... I am very very deceived by this. Useless if we can't connect trough wifi.
    07-16-13 09:22 PM
    it should connect anywhere since it is made for travelling... I am very very deceived by this. Useless if we can't connect trough wifi.
    My PlayBook connects everywhere I've been, all across Canada, Europe even Turkey. I've had no problems using my PlayBook on wifi anywhere. Home wifi, hotel wifi, Starbucks wifi, airport wifi, McD's wifi, never once had a problem. Never once had to set any special settings. Just enter whatever password is prompted for or go thru whatever hot spot login process there is and boom it just works.
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 07-16-13 at 10:05 PM. Reason: typed Z10 by mistake! love it that much!!!
    07-16-13 09:44 PM
    I had wifi problems at the Hostel in Victoria, BC. I found that rebooting the pb would fix the problem until the next time it cropped up. No idea why. I recall having a similar problem with another hotel somewhere. But in the main, I've not had problems including in Europe this past January.
    07-16-13 10:27 PM
    Eventually it hit the point where I couldn't get reliable Wifi connectivity at home, especially after switching the wifi router to the built-in one that comes with Rogers modem. Sorry, I've had it and my playbook sat on my desk for few weeks. I saw Nook HD+ selling for $150 in US and picked it up through my brother who lives in US. No more wifi issues, just like any devices other than PB. I did everything I could and for some reason the performance did deteriorate over time. Hopefully others wouldn't run into the same issues.
    07-17-13 08:09 AM
158 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD