Hi all,

I have done some research and it is not very promising, but I would really like a Furby / Furby Boom app for the Playbook.

All three of my kids got a Furby for Christmas and we are a Blackberry to the core family. Would really like to be able to put the Furby App on my Playbook for them.

Does anybody have any recent updates on if converting and side loading works?

Thanks

Jason
    12-25-13 12:22 PM
    My boy got this thing too but we've put the associated app on the old lady's iPad mini.

Friend I am afraid that hoping for ANY new apps of value to come to the PlayBook is hopeless. It's been abandoned. The best advise I can give is run out and get a cheapo Android tablet just to run Furby on.
    12-25-13 01:05 PM
    I hear you on the cheapo Android tablet. May be a good investment. But I have sideloaded many android apps onto my Playbook and they work great. Was hoping to be able to sideload Furby Boom as well.
    12-25-13 02:55 PM
    Furbys are still around? I thought they died in the 90s

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 03:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Everything old is new again.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    There are new kids on the block and older folks now parents who remember.
    12-25-13 07:41 PM
    Everything old is new again.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks the hipsters for that I guess
    12-26-13 12:11 PM
    from what I've been reading the app doesn't work so well on android either. you can try converting and side loading or run it on your PC.
    12-26-13 11:08 PM
    I tried side-loading to my Z10 again tonight....no luck. My daughter has two Furby's and I think it is a hopeless cause.

I have been very loyal to Blackberry. My wife has wanted to swap to Apple for a while now and this is adding fuel to the fire for her. Her sister has an iphone and the app works great. I talked about security and stability, but I am losing ground on apps. My kids are familiar with Blackberry, but are realizing that there are more apps they are interested in on Apple. I guess they truly have better marketing as they are shaping the minds of children quite young. I guess they really are in it for the long run. It will be hard for Blackberry to compete with an entire generation that have such a strong opinion.
    12-30-13 12:10 AM
    I am pretty close in getting the Furby app to work on a z10. I have loaded the beta version of the OS 10.2.1057 which allows android apps to be loaded. I have the burby boom app loaded and starts but then it sits and hangs. I believe that the app goes out to a server to fetch a new file and is unable to since it is likely attempting to authenticate whether the device is android (...I think). Ironically, I had an android with the same behaviour. Still working on it and will reply back if i get it running. If anyone has the ability to take a packet capture of this stream, when it is attempting to take the second load, it would be helpful.
    01-02-14 09:09 PM
    Thanks Rougebow.

With 10.2.1 and the 1 mobile market I think it should work now on my Z10. Problem is I haveno intention of letting my 3, 4 and 7 year olds play with my Z10, so would still like to get it on their Playbook.

Thanks

Twis
    01-29-14 09:34 AM