I bought my Playbook back in May and use it more then any other tech device that I own. Basically the only thing I don't use it for is to watch movies and TV and that's because my PC is running to my TV via Hdmi. I read some 200 articles a day using Geereader and always a couple hours a day I read books using the sideloaded Kindle android app. But the big change for me has been the amount of gaming I have done on the PB since getting it. I had sold my PS3 around Christmas this year and have never own a Psp or Gameboy and did not game at all on my BB torches but I have already purchased Monopoly, Lil' War Game, Machinariom, Let's Golf 2, Sim City, Muffin Knight and a couple others. I find I love to game on this thing and that I actually want to buy games to shows the devs that there is money to be made on this platform. I even bought Pacemaker for $20 this week for the same reason.
    The Playbook has totally changed how I look at apps and whether they are worth paying for and I believe it's because of getting into the gaming side of things.

Anyone else having a similar experience??
    ast_ph, bbfan1040 and Puddin13 like this.
    06-17-12 10:21 AM
    I think the Playbook is slowly gaining momentum as its power becomes proven. This also shows the HUGE potential of BB10 since its built on the foundations of the PB as well... via QNX.

I have actually forgotten that I have a PS3 and Skyrim due to this =)).
    bbfan1040 and Puddin13 like this.
    06-17-12 10:53 AM
    I bought my first PlayBook in December, since then I have turned on my laptop exactly 5 times.
    bbfan1040 and Puddin13 like this.
    06-17-12 12:07 PM
    I got my PlayBook in December as my Christmas gift to myself. Since then I still use my Mac computer for regular daily stuff like, Graphic design and website design. However, I basically gave my son my iPod touch since I don't use it at all anymore.

I have a dedicated Media Center computer for Amazon Prime & Netflix but for pretty much anything and everything else I am using my PlayBook. The only thing I don't use on my PlayBook is the Bridge because I have an Android phone which I am very happy with.

I have always said that if I had enough money to buy an iPad, I would but I don't regret taking the step and #Being Bold.

My PlayBook is AMAZING!!! *(and I paid next to nothing for it thanks to gift cards). Even with 2 cases, the rapid charger and paid apps that I've purchased I'm still in less than 1/2 of what a standard iPad 2 would be.... So, the funny thing that happened to me is that I learned that sometimes going against the flow of the masses is a smart move!
    Last edited by cdelcampo216; 06-17-12 at 04:40 PM.
    06-17-12 04:38 PM
    I have found that since getting my playbook I have, become more attractive to the opposite sex, managed to debunk all organized religion and leap a four story building in a single bound. Although I am unable to watch netflix in bed and that really sours the whole gig.
    06-17-12 06:40 PM
    I bought my Playbook back in May and use it more then any other tech device that I own. Basically the only thing I don't use it for is to watch movies and TV and that's because my PC is running to my TV via Hdmi. I read some 200 articles a day using Geereader and always a couple hours a day I read books using the sideloaded Kindle android app. But the big change for me has been the amount of gaming I have done on the PB since getting it. I had sold my PS3 around Christmas this year and have never own a Psp or Gameboy and did not game at all on my BB torches but I have already purchased Monopoly, Lil' War Game, Machinariom, Let's Golf 2, Sim City, Muffin Knight and a couple others. I find I love to game on this thing and that I actually want to buy games to shows the devs that there is money to be made on this platform. I even bought Pacemaker for $20 this week for the same reason.
    The Playbook has totally changed how I look at apps and whether they are worth paying for and I believe it's because of getting into the gaming side of things.

Anyone else having a similar experience??
    Since the first day my hubby gave me a PlayBook my computer and Blackberry Torch have become jealous cuz I hardly use either of them anymore!!!

I use my Playbook to surf the net, check my email, do genealogy online, watch TV, movies, music videos, write, listen to music, read newspapers & magazines, manage my Facebook page, take pix, play some awesome games & video chat with my hubby.

QNX kicks and dev's are bellying up to the bar with some great apps that are worthy of the awesome Blackberry PlayBook with more to come with BB10! Woo hoo!!!!
    kbz1960, bungaboy and mzceetee like this.
    06-17-12 07:17 PM
    MrNut > I debunked the religion thing too but figured I'd only mention the gaming as it was probably more of a common experience. Of course debunking organized religion isn't nearly as hard as finishing Machinarium so it's actually the least impressive thing I've done with my PB. Lol
    06-17-12 11:31 PM
    I'm not sure I understand the logic here. So now you prefer gaming on the PB instead of the computer? May I ask what the advantages are besides the portability? Does the PB have games that your computer don't have? Maybe you're just bored of the PC and games you have? Tried Diablo 3? For me, every aspect of gaming is better on the PC than the PB. What do you see that I don't?
    06-18-12 09:47 AM
    Fair questions.

For me, and this may only be me, I have found that the PB not only has changed 2 things for me. 1) it has me actually playing games on a regular basis and 2) has me willing to pay for both games and apps on what I consider a mobile platform. Previous to this I did not give consideration to mobile gaming, ie. Gameboy, PSP or phone and did a moderate amount of gaming through PC with Steam (Civ 5, Total War Series) and my Ps3 ( COD, Infamous and Red Dead are what I put most of my time into in the last couple years. I found myself growing stale on gaming and sold my PS3 to a friend and sit down to a days worth of Civ every month or so.
    Being very much a casual gamer now I thought it was interesting that my PB has me me playing games again. I certainly wouldn't stack them up to full on PC or console games but playing again regularly has been nice.

My post was merely making this observation.
    06-19-12 02:53 PM
    I don't begrudge the games being pushed...

Where are the Pro Grade Biz Apps? Docs to Go owned by RIM and they push updates faster for IOS than the PB.
    06-19-12 04:29 PM
    I don't begrudge the games being pushed...

Where are the Pro Grade Biz Apps? Docs to Go owned by RIM and they push updates faster for IOS than the PB.
    Research In Motion (Soon) licensed Docs-to-Go for BlackBerry from DataViz while DataViz owns the rights to the suite on every other platform. But I agree RIM needs to step up the game when it comes to professional-use applications. Fortunately, there are those of us capable to making this tablet into a workhorse in our work life and academic life, as the case may be, despite the foot dragging and general inept handling of the BlackBerry PlayBook by Research In Motion.
    06-19-12 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD