Here is a funny review from the Future Shop in Canada for a BB Playbook. It is under 16GB playbook reviews. Never know if these stories are all true, but no reason not to believe, made me laugh anyway.

Exceptionally STRONG
    Chris H, Barrie - December 28, 2011
    Customer Rating:
    5.0 /5
    Now I say Exceptionally strong for a reason. Over the holidays, while packing my van up with the three kidlets stuff. I brought a bunch of bags, gifts, toys, this thats and the other things, including my 1-wk old playbook. I set the playbook down on the bumper of the van...loaded everything else and forgot my playbook on the bumper. WHAMMMMM i closed the trunk of my van right on top of it....not once but twice! I have the convertable case for my PB and it blends right in with the black trim on my vans bumper...therefore I didn't see any obstructions preventing my trunk from closing...so bam...hit it the second time! This time the van closed and I walked away.....5 hrs later.... I load a few more things and notice my playbook on the bumper of the trunk...with this impression across the entire length of the case. OMG I just destroyed my toy........

No cracks, no scratches, nothing but a giant 1/4" impression on the case...it sat outside in the freezing temps, with a trunk closed on it for 5 hrs. It fired up on first swipe and has no ill effects.... Well, so far anyways! It has been 3 days since and still it works great.

I really do think the PB has got a bad rap, ppl need to use it and see how user friendly and fun it really is!
    01-01-12 05:23 PM
    Hmm.. I could see RIM doing a remake of the old Samsonite luggage commercial where the suitcase was being thrown around by a gorilla (?) in a zoo cage...
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-01-12 05:26 PM
    LOL Love that review!! Thanks for sharing... made my day
    01-01-12 05:30 PM
    Take that toughbook! LOL cool story.
    01-01-12 05:35 PM
    Take that toughbook! LOL cool story.
    So True!! and my son has a toughbook... I outta show this to him! LOL
    01-01-12 05:53 PM
    I always like to read stories like this....makes me glad I'm a PlayBook owner
    01-01-12 06:09 PM
    Loved the story!! Made me smile and laugh.
    01-02-12 05:47 AM
    Wouldn't this be more of a case review? The case was the hero of the story!
    01-02-12 06:35 AM
    Not a good review for the van if one can close the door on something as thick as a PB.....
    01-02-12 06:41 AM
    Yeah, and not just the thickness of the PB. I wonder what case he had on it.
    01-02-12 06:49 AM
    I am telling you guys rim needs this kind of advertising. after reading this review had i not own a playbook i would surely get one. rim needs put the money where it is worth and get top marketing firm.
    01-02-12 07:18 AM
    I'm too scared to take my nice shiny new toy outside even...
    01-02-12 09:14 AM
    I'm too scared to take my nice shiny new toy outside even...
    ummmmm....ok. Have you taken it with you to the john?
    01-02-12 09:16 AM
    I'm not 100% convinced about the bumper story, but i did drop mine from a four foot credenza onto a tile floor the other day and it came away without a scratch or any operating issues.
    01-02-12 11:00 AM

No - I haven't got a stand for it yet..

I will say that I haven't put it down since I got it last Thursday (except to go to the john).

I've been watching movies on it, and I bought Book Reader and have read my first book on the PB - Stephen King's 11/22/63.. a really nice reading experience.
    01-02-12 11:25 AM
    It's not like the Playbook was laying across the latch and slammed in.
    There is about 3/8" between the bottom of the door and the surface of the bumper on most mini vans. I suspect the Playbook was pinned tight enough to keep it from falling off of the bumper but obviously not tight enough to crack the screen. It had to be close though.
    Still an impressive story.
    01-02-12 06:06 PM
    It's not like the Playbook was laying across the latch and slammed in.
    There is about 3/8" between the bottom of the door and the surface of the bumper on most mini vans. I suspect the Playbook was pinned tight enough to keep it from falling off of the bumper but obviously not tight enough to crack the screen. It had to be close though.
    Still an impressive story.
    But you have to remember it was a Canadian review in the middle of winter. Saying that, it has been a mild winter
    01-03-12 01:17 AM
    I'm not 100% convinced about the bumper story, but i did drop mine from a four foot credenza onto a tile floor the other day and it came away without a scratch or any operating issues.
    Dropped mine down a hardwood staircase in the neoprine case it came in. No ill effects.
    01-03-12 01:35 AM
    But you have to remember it was a Canadian review in the middle of winter. Saying that, it has been a mild winter
    You're right. I forgot to include the ice build-up factor.
    It was nice here yesterday. We have no snow on the East coast.
    01-03-12 05:10 AM
    Or the old Timex commercial "Takes a licking and keeps on Ticking". I guess I am showing my age with that one!
    01-03-12 05:29 AM

... and dropped it in the bowl? Now that would be a test!
    01-03-12 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD