11-17-13 09:49 PM
112 ... 2345
tools
    Doesn't really matter at all, does it....

Posted via CB10
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    10-27-13 11:30 AM
    Relax people or should I say calm down ? Anyway the playbook is dead some just have a longer mourning period.

Time heals all playbook wounds

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    hsianloon and cwalt2166 like this.
    10-27-13 12:52 PM
    Relax people or should I say calm down ? Anyway the playbook is dead some just have a longer mourning period.

Time heals all playbook wounds

no it doesn't ......I still think Rimberry failed miserably with this device and I expect I'll always feel that way and never buy another Rimberry device.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 10-27-13 at 02:24 PM.
    cwalt2166, DrBoomBotz and hreiner1 like this.
    10-27-13 01:53 PM
    no it doesn't ......I still think Rimberry failed miserably with this device and I expect I'll always feel that way and never buy another Rimberry device.

I said the same thing, that's why I have windows phone 8

10-27-13 02:43 PM
    the pb is old , obsolete and hardly runs any decent apps. it is definitely just you....

it is a decent media player, email.device and the browser is kind of okay.

this is a dead product that will go away as the batteries fail... sorry yo burst your bubble.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    10-27-13 06:22 PM
    Doesn't really matter at all, does it....

Posted via CB10
    It is so funny how ppl can't understand that the PB can be liked and does what we want it to do. It's like their mission is to change our minds and convert us to see the "light". That is why there is really no value to these threads and everyone should just respect each others opinion.
    10-27-13 06:38 PM
    It is so funny how ppl can't understand that the PB can be liked and does what we want it to do. It's like their mission is to change our minds and convert us to see the "light". That is why there is really no value to these threads and everyone should just respect each others opinion.

what you ask is impossible. Wars were waged over difference in opinion

10-27-13 06:58 PM
    what you ask is impossible. Wars were waged over difference in opinion

Hehe. I'm the eternal optimist/pacifist. I know that one day WW3 will be over phones/tablets. The ultimate cyber war.
    10-27-13 07:10 PM
    The reason for ww3 will be for American gain but they will tell the world its to protect them....just like Iraq lol wmd's

10-27-13 07:50 PM
    If there's a cyber war wage. I think America will lose big time!!! Hardly prepare for a nation who own so much weapons.
    10-27-13 08:29 PM
    Not funny at all. A testament to the quality of the BlackBerry PlayBook. Too bad the company never stood behind the product.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-27-13 10:41 PM
    I bought and android tablet and do find myself coming back to my playbook more than I thought I would. I thought that the apps would he heaven but found out that the reason I always preferred blackberry in the first place was the vastly superior native software and features. Most of the things I want to do with an app I can do with flash, now origami fills a nice void there too. However when that fails I have a nice large screen Samsung tablet that I can bust out whenever I want. No harm there at all. I find its ideal for movies (netflix) and specific apps where there just is no solution on the Playbook.

I hope though that they do make a playbook upgrade, a real one, not the LTE variant, as I don't see myself using this forever.
    I wish I could say the same, the only thing that reminds me that I even still have a playbook is the low battery chime every couple of weeks... Sad but true. Note 8.0 for under 300 bucks and spent 800 on the playbook. O_o
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    10-28-13 12:15 AM
    The good: size, sound, resolution and ummmmmm.

The Bad: Thor promised ME and US BB10! Dan Dodge didn't realize this doorstop needed 2gig or more for a OS he developed? Or was he overruled in favor of saving a few bucks, not caring about all the folks they f@*ing lied to? Somebody knew for sure, it was only 2-3 years ago. This ordeal really pissed-off a lot of people! The faithful for sure.
    Now my unit is developing a gad dam bulge on the back, Jiffy-Pop style. Real nice. I now keep in garage, not sure if it's gonna blow or something.
    The apps. are not bad, they are insulting.
    I was thinking about another for storage, films and pics......NOT!
    Should have had my head examined.
    We really got screwed on this one people.
    Crap like this pisses my the f@*k off.
    No wonder these Tools are going under, for good reason

funny how playbook still the best tablet at the end of 2013-image.jpg
    hreiner1 likes this.
    10-28-13 09:05 PM
    Playbook is great at what it does, I purchased main basically for -portable a entertainment device, stick a load of films and music on it and stick it in your pocket to pass the hours in hotels,at airports etc, do a few emails or messaging, at "home" stick the hdmi to a TV and use it for streaming, it is great for that.
    If I want more I have a laptop and a couple of very powerful P.Cs but the playbook is portable and whereas my Z10 does more the screen on the Playbook is comfortable to watch and the sound is good.

It is great within it's limitations but a bit of a "not needed" item now [I can hdmi my Z10 to the TV], but it works well and I like it but there are some very good tablets out there.
    Blackberry stopped development with the playbook and can not catch up , many say that the tablet market has peeked but I do not think so and expect the low end tablet market to grow constantly especially in E readers/ low cost tablets.
    Some kids will never read a book but will read it on a tablet
    Last edited by wafiwanders; 10-28-13 at 09:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-28-13 09:33 PM
    At what price? I have to say, I got my my 32g with airmiles and it was my first tablet. I already had the 8 gig iPod touch that cost me $250 and I loved it. I got the iPod after seeing a friend check weather and email from our room in Europe instead of trying to connect on the hotel's computers.

It took me a few days to get used to the PB up and down swipes, but once I did, I realized its potential. It was when I was stuck on the couch for 6 wks after a foot operation that I truly bonded with the playbook. I couldn't get upstairs to my PC and so I started checking work and personal email, (eBay! ) - shopping on Amazon, getting Staples and grocery.com to deliver - and of course online banking.
    After that, I never gave my PC a second thought. I use the PB much like the PC - if I frequently use a site, I just add it to the home screen - so just what do I need apps for?

And yes price is a big issue - I recently bought a 64gig playbook off eBay NIB for less than the $250 8 gig iPod. -- Oh yeah, and the 8 gigs is crap for storage and a few mths later apple comes out with the same iPod, but just a bit more gigs for the same price! I've always hated apple for that kind of thing.
    Not complaining here...I bought my PB 64gig for $150 US ...I've refused to sell it for sentimental/historical reasons..but saying it's the BEST tablet out there is a touch out-of-touch
    10-29-13 07:51 AM
    Not complaining here...I bought my PB 64gig for $150 US ...I've refused to sell it for sentimental/historical reasons..but saying it's the BEST tablet out there is a touch out-of-touch
    Don't you think this is an issue of what people use their tablet for? People who want to play online games, actually store movies (why?) etc will want something that can do this.
    I have an old classic 32gig iPod that originally was supposed to be great to store and watch movies - I never saw this as a useful option. Now I use this older iPod to store pics and backup CDs. That's it.
    I stream movies on my playbook(s), because this means no downloading fees and watch them via hdmi on my TV.
    The only things I miss on the playbook that automatically came with my iPod touch is the GPS that tells google where I am and how to get to another place, also I heavily rely on Nextbus.com. It works best on the iPod, but this app takes individual downloaded entries for it to work properly on the Playbook.
    So I'm interested in what you would consider "the BEST tablet out there"?
    10-29-13 10:52 AM
    No problem. Nobody is going to miss you anyway.
    10-30-13 04:18 PM
    No problem. Nobody is going to miss you anyway.
    shouldn't you be playing with your Thor action figures?
    10-30-13 05:12 PM
    I got my playbook at the discounted price however having used two android tablets before hand the user experience was a much needed improvement. I mean obviously the specs are not the best but look at the hp slate 7 the playbook still beats it in my eyes. Screen yes there are better and my phone does have a better screen but when I cross between the two I'd say the difference is minimal to say the least.

A upgrade however is needed and that's why I will make the switch to the surface 2 as soon as funds become available.
    10-31-13 03:26 PM
    I just got an email from Apple saying the 'new' iPad is here. Checked out the price $519 (probably U.S.$). Right , I'll be lining up for one at that price - not! Hahaha
    dphjeff and milo53 like this.
    11-01-13 02:02 PM
    Out of a job yet?........Keep buying foreign. That's all I'm going to say there.

Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:11 PM
    Out of a job yet?........Keep buying foreign. That's all I'm going to say there.

Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10

most north American companies and well any developed nation outsources their labour to say china for instance

castoridae likes this.
    11-03-13 05:56 AM
    Yes, I do agree. I have looked to see if there was anything to make me drop my PB after BBRY announced it would not get the BB10 OS. As someone with an IT background I looked beyond apps. I looked for functionality, specs, UI and my personal business needs. None could compare. Especially with BB Bridge, who else can do that?? I added recently Evernote to my PB, Done and Done! My PB is going on 2yrs now and the only thing that I think about switching it out for is the 4G LTE version as I have a 16GB wifi.
    castoridae likes this.
    11-03-13 07:05 AM
    Easy...MONEY. 5 years is a lifetime in the technology industry. Especially in the US market as we are such a consumer heavy market. Look at the Apple users. They go through iProducts like wild fire, and if you dispute that find me someone with the 1st Gen!
    11-03-13 07:08 AM
    If there's a cyber war wage. I think America will lose big time!!! Hardly prepare for a nation who own so much weapons.
    Only because Obama loves his BlackBerry. But the second he switches to Windows ... look out! LOL.
    11-03-13 10:17 AM
112 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD