My Nexus 7 second edition is much better than my Playbook. No comparison. I tried to interest a relative who has a work 9900 to take it for free and he wouldn't.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-26-13 01:36 AM
    yes that's why I am buying the new Surface 2 with the new improvements which MS is still supporting unlike BB, also as for 8.1 is running very nice on my RT thank you for asking... as for the third party app I guess your referring to android apps for the PB? well most never did run and the ones that did, ran poorly! so I wouldn't be bragging about that lol
    No I was referring to third party window apps. Incidentally one can run Android apps on Windows lap tops using Bluestacks but I don't know whether that would run on Windows RT. I run Advanced App Manager and Ghost Commander on the PB and they run quite well. There are others that also do well as Pacoman has stated. The big problem with Android apps on the PB seems to be that the emulator is based on Android 2.3 so the newer Android apps which support Android 4+ will not play. And I don't think I am bragging about a device I own. Even if I owned a Rolls that wouldn't make me a better person. As Jack Webb said: Just the facts. Not sure who said: Different strokes for different folks.
    10-26-13 01:46 AM
    I adore my PB, I hate the manufacturer and it's discontent to its consumers.

Played with a mates ipad3 yesterday and yup I'll be exBB when my PB gives up the ghost, BB phones and all, Microsoft will probably get me with lush WP8 and Windows 8 tablet/ipad.

7 years I have had a BB as a main or 2nd handset, I assure you my 2 and half year mobile specs are far behind PB specs, he is still current in hardware shame his promised software was dumped like a package tourist with no support.

PB2 was LTE, sadly PB3 was shelved with BIS.
    10-26-13 01:56 AM
    yes that's why I am buying the new Surface 2 with the new improvements which MS is still supporting unlike BB, also as for 8.1 it is running very nice on my RT thank you for asking... and as for third party legacy apps, if I wanted that then I would have bought the pro for that! the Surface RT is perfect for my needs which runs like a 90% computer! have you even seen what the Surface RT can do? it can stream to any smart tv wirelessly and about 90% of hardware can connect to it via the USB! I have a buddy who has connected his xbox Kinect to the RT and scanned an object afterwhich he printed the object on his 3D printer! lets see the playbook do that or ipad or android! I was floored when he showed me that!
    Has it got HDMI out and front stereo speakers, though?

Whilst things like DLNA support may be great, when I'm travelling the world, I'm looking for greatest compatability not what fits in nicest in a home environment. I'm likely to find HDMI in hotels all around the world, a tablet is a truly portable device not merely some extension to home gadgets.

If I'm being told there's a superior device I still want it to be able to do some very key, basic things I use it for, not have them hand-waved away in terms of modernity and features that aren't actually what I want out of a tablet.
    10-26-13 04:17 AM
    I could be interested in this one but it isn't even listed on Lenovo's site yet and MS doesn't list all the specs.

Buy Lenovo Miix 8-Inch Touchscreen Tablet (32 GB) - Microsoft Store
    10-26-13 09:15 AM
    I could be interested in this one but it isn't even listed on Lenovo's site yet and MS doesn't list all the specs.

Buy Lenovo Miix 8-Inch Touchscreen Tablet (32 GB) - Microsoft Store
    Looks interesting at a decent price. Assume it has an SD card slot and, though not mentioned Bluetooth 4. But what about Keyboard?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-26-13 12:54 PM
    I sold my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and bought a Playbook and I have no regrets. The build quality is superb and I love how it handles multitasking. The only thing holding this tablet back is lack of really great popular native apps. Thankfully we are able to sideload some Android apps which gives the Playbook more functionality. Right now it does everything I need (except being able to transfer files via bluetooth). That is my only gripe...but over all..I love it even with all the flaws.
    10-26-13 01:51 PM
    My PB is with me all the times, Doctor, dentist waiting room you name it ............. Angry Birds
    Why? is has the bridge to my BB phone 9780 and I can cruise the internet anytime
    plus the 7inch fits in any side pocket if a coat, trench coat
    my private and my corporate mail is always there

and with a good WIFI connection I watch European Soccer life

My other Tablet is a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2, running Windows 8,1 for all my business needs
    10-26-13 02:38 PM
    Ohh, that's a little harsh!!
    That is right on. After 2 1/2 years, the PB still can't do email as well as the cheapest Android tablet. No full IMAP implementation, and daily requests for the same email password. It's awful now, and always has been.
    10-26-13 04:34 PM
    Why do you want a PlayBook 2? If anything, I'd like a PlayBook 10.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-26-13 04:41 PM
    Has it got HDMI out and front stereo speakers, though?

Whilst things like DLNA support may be great, when I'm travelling the world, I'm looking for greatest compatability not what fits in nicest in a home environment. I'm likely to find HDMI in hotels all around the world, a tablet is a truly portable device not merely some extension to home gadgets.

If I'm being told there's a superior device I still want it to be able to do some very key, basic things I use it for, not have them hand-waved away in terms of modernity and features that aren't actually what I want out of a tablet.
    yes it has HDMI out and SIDE speakers, but you could have just googled that to find out lol
    10-26-13 09:26 PM
    I don't see much use for the large number of apps other tablets offer. I love our browser and I use my tablet mainly for email, banking, FB and other forums, hdmi, youtube. So it suits me fine and I can't see any other tablet that does these things with the ease of the playbook as well.
    bambinoitaliano and KittyBomb like this.
    10-26-13 09:48 PM
    yes it has HDMI out and SIDE speakers, but you could have just googled that to find out lol
    I could have googled it, no doubt, but why would I bother? I'm happy with what I've got, and you're playing advocate for the Surface, you do the work. I'm largely disinterested in them.
    castoridae and jpash549 like this.
    10-27-13 05:35 AM
    I don't see much use for the large number of apps other tablets offer. I love our browser and I use my tablet mainly for email, banking, FB and other forums, hdmi, youtube. So it suits me fine and I can't see any other tablet that does these things with the ease of the playbook as well.
    Sadly you are in the ever shrinking minority....The PB browser is awful! Talk about checker-boarding effect? Good into any tech store and ACTUALLY pick up an iPad or Android device and play around with it. You'd be astonished at what you see.
    rnhld and wubbledoos like this.
    10-27-13 05:51 AM
    I hate my playbook, I try and try to like it but I can't. After using my nexus 4, to then pick up my playbook and try and do anything is a reminder of how limited the playbook truly is.

Mine only gets used when we go away, fill it up with peppa pig and use the HDMI out.

More of a pffffff... than a Boom!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    10-27-13 07:51 AM
    The hardware was supposedly future proofed when it was built. This was before of course that blackberry build the most bloated mobile os or mobile computing platform what ever they call it.

I also know windows 7 pro doesn't even require 2 gigs of ram to run and that's frankly a bit insane.

The playbook should of been built like the apple Lisa with big ugly ports all over it so if you bought another one you could stack it for performance improvements lol imagine the possibilities

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    10-27-13 08:10 AM
    Sadly you are in the ever shrinking minority....The PB browser is awful! Talk about checker-boarding effect? Good into any tech store and ACTUALLY pick up an iPad or Android device and play around with it. You'd be astonished at what you see.
    At what price? I have to say, I got my my 32g with airmiles and it was my first tablet. I already had the 8 gig iPod touch that cost me $250 and I loved it. I got the iPod after seeing a friend check weather and email from our room in Europe instead of trying to connect on the hotel's computers.

It took me a few days to get used to the PB up and down swipes, but once I did, I realized its potential. It was when I was stuck on the couch for 6 wks after a foot operation that I truly bonded with the playbook. I couldn't get upstairs to my PC and so I started checking work and personal email, (eBay! ) - shopping on Amazon, getting Staples and grocery.com to deliver - and of course online banking.
    After that, I never gave my PC a second thought. I use the PB much like the PC - if I frequently use a site, I just add it to the home screen - so just what do I need apps for?

And yes price is a big issue - I recently bought a 64gig playbook off eBay NIB for less than the $250 8 gig iPod. -- Oh yeah, and the 8 gigs is crap for storage and a few mths later apple comes out with the same iPod, but just a bit more gigs for the same price! I've always hated apple for that kind of thing.
    KittyBomb likes this.
    10-27-13 09:29 AM
    I hate my playbook, I try and try to like it but I can't. After using my nexus 4, to then pick up my playbook and try and do anything is a reminder of how limited the playbook truly is.
    What is it that you can do on the nexus that you can't do on the Playbook?
    10-27-13 09:33 AM
    Quickly check my balance, play countless games, download torrents, have several different email applications, watch sky.... There are a lot of things.

And don't tell me I can side load all these functions on because you can't, not to the level of applications android has.

The playbook is a glorified media player and you even have to buy kalemsoft to do that as well as android.

I'm not a playbook hater, just a tryer who has finally admitted defeat.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    10-27-13 09:43 AM
    I thought this was meant to be a joke post...but it seems that there are people who actually believe it

From my smokin' Barbeque10
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    10-27-13 09:44 AM
    Nope. The playbook actually works right and does what it's supposed to. And well.

Posted via CB10
    KittyBomb likes this.
    10-27-13 09:51 AM
    P
    My PB is with me all the times, Doctor, dentist waiting room you name it ............. Angry Birds
    Why? is has the bridge to my BB phone 9780 and I can cruise the internet anytime
    plus the 7inch fits in any side pocket if a coat, trench coat
    my private and my corporate mail is always there

and with a good WIFI connection I watch European Soccer life

My other Tablet is a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2, running Windows 8,1 for all my business needs
    My other tablet for all my business needs is not a Playbook^ and thus there lies PB problem, a half baked business device which with a proper kitchen would be a BlackBerry seller, it was released in beta and will always be a OS in beta, and for a business focused company BlackBerry really ducked up a great device on hardware specs with a terrible OS, and refuse after promise after promise to fix it.
    hreiner1 likes this.
    10-27-13 10:09 AM
    Nope. The playbook actually works right and does what it's supposed to. And well.

Posted via CB10
    I cant even take you seriously. Q5??! Really? Oy
    ...but unfortunately "turning on" shouldnt be the only thing it is supposed to do properly
    Terser Nori likes this.
    10-27-13 10:15 AM
    All the PlayBook needs is a browser update. And ill be back in love with it.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    10-27-13 10:34 AM
    I already see the similarities. $450 million PB Writedown. Someone will claim in 2016 that year's smartphones are finally catching up to the Z10.
    10-27-13 10:47 AM
112 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD