Hello,

When I first bought a PlayBook, I thought it best to drain the battery completely prior to recharging. After reading the forums, I started recharging at the 20%. Earlier today, a BlackBerry level 1 rep advised me to recharge between 30 and 40%. My question: when the battery is completely dead and can no longer be charged is it still possible to operate the PlayBook by leaving it attached to a charging dock? In this scenario I would "retire" the PB to life as a media centre, but I suspect the answer is no. Other posts suggest battery power is required to boot up and therefore this idea wouldn't work. Any thoughts?
    02-05-14 02:43 PM
    Well, on the BlackBerry smartphones you can take out the battery and plug it in and the system will do a light boot
    02-05-14 03:03 PM
    I don't think so since folks that run the battery dead and have charging issues are not able to boot the playbook connected to a charger.
    02-05-14 03:32 PM
    If you could catch it before the battery dies completely, keep it on the dock plugged into an UPS, attached to a standby generator, you should be good until the screen, or some other component fails.

I think it will keep running on the dock but may not reboot if it loses power.

Get the app Battery Guru. It could help you determine when the end is near. I'm at 600 recharge cycles and somewhere around 83% battery life.
    02-06-14 06:45 PM
    As far as charging goes:
    If you can manage to recharge before the auto shut off occurs(just below 0%), you shouldn't have any battery damage or problems that you may have read on the forums.
    02-06-14 06:53 PM