Full page Playbook ad in Wall Street Journal on Wednesday May 30th 2012

advertising the business use for the Playbook

05-31-12 10:06 AM
    Anyway you could post a link or a snapshot of the ad?
    05-31-12 10:21 AM
    Yes it would be nice to see the advertisment.
    05-31-12 10:32 AM
    I must be dense because I fail to see the economic sense or reasoning of advertising a product that some here with obvious special insider knowledge claim is out of production and will no longer be produced, of course discounting Thorsten's comments on the PB which were obvious slips of the tongue. Someone please enlighten me
    kbz1960 and BlackStormRising like this.
    05-31-12 11:01 AM

Can you post a picture of it or a link?
    05-31-12 11:21 AM
    Would be nice if one could actually read the WSJ on my Playbook.
    05-31-12 11:27 AM
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Kidding. It's nice to see them putting the effort.
    05-31-12 11:35 AM
    If you go to wsj.com you can subscribe to the digital edition. It looks like BB is one of the smartphones in the ad. Then all you have to do is "open on PB".
    05-31-12 11:59 AM
    Well open on PB and take a screen shot.
    05-31-12 12:07 PM
    If you go to wsj.com you can subscribe to the digital edition. It looks like BB is one of the smartphones in the ad. Then all you have to do is "open on PB".
    There is no app for the WSJ on the Playbook. I've been to Starbucks many times and they offer a free WSJ to read, and I can't open it on the PB. It says that it's not compatible with my OS.
    05-31-12 12:11 PM
    Anyway you could post a link or a snapshot of the ad?
    i WAS READING THE PAPER IN THE GYM
    05-31-12 06:35 PM
    I sure hope this new plan for RIM works but I would figure you would advertise it in a paper that can be viewed using PlayBook.
    05-31-12 07:54 PM
    Try the Press Reader app, it give you the full newspaper experience

PLUS the website opens fine for me...?
    Last edited by screamcap; 05-31-12 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Adding comment
    05-31-12 08:21 PM
    Actually, RIM has been running those ads in the NYTimes every week for about three months.
    05-31-12 08:24 PM
    i WAS READING THE PAPER IN THE GYM
    Can you take a picture and post that?
    05-31-12 08:28 PM
    There is no app for the WSJ on the Playbook. I've been to Starbucks many times and they offer a free WSJ to read, and I can't open it on the PB. It says that it's not compatible with my OS.
    I have side-loaded the WSJ app onto my PB and it works extremely well: really like having the paper in front of you. The developers still cannot decide whether the paper is to be automatically delivered or not, reminiscent of close vs exit choices on our phones, but it is not a really big deal. Interestingly, QNX under actual battle conditions will reclaim any seemingly extravagant memory usage and then some ! I love this app. It is a Ten. Will deliver up to a week's worth of papers. Portrait and Landscape handled beautifully. And, yes, there is a stock watcher inside (right off the front page!!!) Caution: as with many of the newer apps, especially the Android apps, each one has little UI subtleties to be mastered. If a 70+ guy like me can deal with them, I'm sure the rest of you all can do much better! Doc Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 05-31-12 at 09:59 PM. Reason: grammar
    darktoy, dave1701 and PatrickMJS like this.
    05-31-12 09:55 PM
    ive seen pretty decent ads lately.

they just need to continue them
    05-31-12 11:53 PM

This is not a blackberry playbook.
    06-01-12 05:07 PM
    This is not a blackberry playbook.
    Was THIS the ad the OP was talking about?

If so what a comedic twist that was
    06-01-12 07:05 PM
    I have side-loaded the WSJ app onto my PB and it works extremely well: really like having the paper in front of you. The developers still cannot decide whether the paper is to be automatically delivered or not, reminiscent of close vs exit choices on our phones, but it is not a really big deal. Interestingly, QNX under actual battle conditions will reclaim any seemingly extravagant memory usage and then some ! I love this app. It is a Ten. Will deliver up to a week's worth of papers. Portrait and Landscape handled beautifully. And, yes, there is a stock watcher inside (right off the front page!!!) Caution: as with many of the newer apps, especially the Android apps, each one has little UI subtleties to be mastered. If a 70+ guy like me can deal with them, I'm sure the rest of you all can do much better! Doc Neutron
    Can you supply me a file link for the app?
    06-01-12 07:45 PM
    Sorry, I'm uncertain as to WHERE I got wsj.reader_1-1.bar. We are all victims of enthusiasm and UGA (unorganized grab-a__). At least we are not imprisoned in Apple's Walled Garden. I do apologize to all the developers and especially to the WSJ developers. Here is the zipped file that I am actually using. Doc Neutron
    06-02-12 10:49 AM
    Thx for posting the bar file, but I thought OS 2.1 prevents us from sideloading. Once I unzip this file, how do I go thru sideloading under 2.1?
    06-05-12 09:55 AM
    Thx for posting the bar file, but I thought OS 2.1 prevents us from sideloading. Once I unzip this file, how do I go thru sideloading under 2.1?
    sideloading works just fine in 2.1
    06-05-12 10:10 AM
    You sideload the same way as before. You need the DDPB installer and you have to put your pb into development mode under the Security Options.
    06-05-12 10:38 AM
    Was THIS the ad the OP was talking about?

If so what a comedic twist that was
    If that is the case, someone should also tell the OP that boys have penises and girls have vaginas. LOL
    06-05-12 10:45 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD