Just so everyone here knows, page A9 in today's Wall Street Journal is a full page ad for the Playbook from Bestbuy for the pre-order.
    03-31-11 05:07 PM
    Just so everyone here knows, page A9 in today's Wall Street Journal is a full page ad for the Playbook from Bestbuy for the pre-order.
    Not going to happen... if small companies and consumers had to pay an additional ANYTHING for BIS, they would just go to another device. RIM has to know this!
    03-31-11 05:20 PM
    Not going to happen... if small companies and consumers had to pay an additional ANYTHING for BIS, they would just go to another device. RIM has to know this!
    This seems a little misplaced.
    03-31-11 05:21 PM
    I meant that in the paper edition of the newspaper there is an ad showing the tablet. I assumed it was a joint ad between Blackberry and Best Buy. No idea what you are responding to here, but I appreciate your passion. ;-)
    03-31-11 05:51 PM
    And? it's just a big tech company spending the shareholder's money. It isn't anyone at BB spending their own cash.
    03-31-11 08:36 PM
    I think the point is that people are finally seeing ads for the playbook
    03-31-11 08:39 PM
    And? it's just a big tech company spending the shareholder's money. It isn't anyone at BB spending their own cash.
    you mean a company using the marketing budget to buy an advertisement?

are you suggesting RIM employees should be buying advertisements for the PlayBook out of their pocket as opposed to RIM's marketing budger?
    03-31-11 08:42 PM
    What about people who don't read the WSJ? Is RIM/PB too good for that market?
    03-31-11 09:36 PM
    What about people who don't read the WSJ? Is RIM/PB too good for that market?
    Is RIM gonna run ads ONLY on the WSJ?
    03-31-11 11:17 PM
    Wow. People were talking about there not being any ads. Then I said, "Hey guys and gals, I just found an ad." And suddenly FIRESTORM! Wow.
    Intosh likes this.
    03-31-11 11:25 PM
    Take a pic if you don't mind.
    03-31-11 11:28 PM
    Wow. People were talking about there not being any ads. Then I said, "Hey guys and gals, I just found an ad." And suddenly FIRESTORM! Wow.
    Not really a firestorm. I just think people were expecting wide advertising via TV or other more prominent forms of media than just one geared towards corporate folks. I'm sure they'll advertise somewhere else, but it's clear to see that RIM is expecting corporate America to buy this device and make them profitable. Again, doesn't say much for RIM's trust in consumer penetration with their offerings.

But hey, the PB was made for the office first. People in the consumer market like it because it has Flash in the browser.
    03-31-11 11:33 PM
    Based on the responses here, this should serve as a reminder to NEVER EVER EVER EVER AND EVER again post about playbook ads O_o..

btw, i get your point, and im glad RIM is at least ONE ad regarding the playbook
    03-31-11 11:47 PM
    there is still 18 days left to go, I suspect a big ad push within 10-7 days of release so it's fresh in everyone's minds.
    03-31-11 11:57 PM
    I think the point is that people are finally seeing ads for the playbook
    That's it.

Finally a real ad for the playbook. And by a publication with huge circulation. It doesn't surprise me it is in the wsj, will have to check it out myself. Wsj definitely would get exposure to the kind of people RIM is targeting for most its products.

Surprised its not in the marketing or investing subsection instead of the main A section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD